PDA

View Full Version : Batting Practice

Brandon4MVP
04-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I am thinking about going to batting practice monday or tuesday. Does anybody have any good tips for batting practice?

BigJohn
04-20-2008, 12:35 PM
You won't see the Reds hit.

BEETTLEBUG
04-20-2008, 04:02 PM
That is best tip I have ever heard.

NastyBoy
04-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Bring a glove and stand out in left field in the section the tv camera box.

Add: that section is 104.

Redeye fly
04-20-2008, 04:14 PM
I was hoping this thread was about Eric Gagne. Nice to see some opposing pitcher serve it up to the Reds.

Grounds_Crew
04-20-2008, 05:18 PM
The Reds take batting practice first. So, if you go during the week, the gates open 1.5 hours prior to the start of the game. That means you wont get to see the Reds bat.

On weekends, the gates open 2 hours before the start of the game. So, if you go during that time, you'll be able to see the Reds hit for a little bit.

redsfanfalcon
04-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I am thinking about going to batting practice monday or tuesday. Does anybody have any good tips for batting practice?

Try to hit to all parts of the field. :thumbup:

goreds2
04-20-2008, 10:57 PM
700 WLW stated that Dusty Baker said Jeff Keppinger is the only Reds player that uses batting practice to hit to all fields etc.

nineworldseries
04-21-2008, 11:50 AM
The Reds take batting practice first. So, if you go during the week, the gates open 1.5 hours prior to the start of the game. That means you wont get to see the Reds bat.

On weekends, the gates open 2 hours before the start of the game. So, if you go during that time, you'll be able to see the Reds hit for a little bit.

Nope, it's 2 hours before the game, regardless of weekday/weekends.

Here's a tip: The Machine Room opens 3 hours before game time. I have gone there at say, 4:10 for a 7:10 start, and you are able to watch the Reds take batting practice (only from far away in left field). By 2 hours before, you might be able to see the tail end of the Reds batting practice, but you will definitely see the opposing team's entire session.

One more thing: I have never personally seen the Reds take batting practice on a day game after a night game. The last day game I was at, though (4/5), the Phillies did take batting practice, but the Reds did not.