PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea...

BoilerBC11
04-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the Reds and am not one of those fans that instantly thinks the world is ending when we start out a little cold. None-the-less, I was wonderin' what everyone thought of an Adam Dunn for Brandon Wood Trade?

I'm afraid that we're gonna lose Dunn at the end of the year anyways, so we may as well try and get some value out of him.

The Angels are short on LH Power Bats, and Dunn could step right in and DH.

I'd then move EdE to LF, and let Brandon Wood play 3B, and take over Adam Dunn's role as our Strikeout King.

If nothing else, it would be an upgrade defensively, and would balance out the power bats.

Nasty_Boy
04-20-2008, 10:19 PM
The only way this would happen is if Dunn is signed to an extension. If that happens Dunn isn't going any where. I would also much rather see Votto moved to LF than EE. That would open up spots for both Frazier and Waring. Either way this isn't going to happen.

SarasotaFan
04-20-2008, 10:28 PM
EE won't move to left.

If they lose Dunn they'll at least get a draft compensation cause he's a Type A free agent.

Dunn's not going anywhere just yet, especially not for Brandon Wood.

RSNtransplant
04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
I can see Dunn going before July 31st, hopefully for some starter(s). If they are out of it they can move him for at least 2 players that are first round prospect types that has some MiLB experience, so its better than #16(or greater) overall and a sandwich pick. If they are contending they will need at least one more starter, b/c the only way they are in it is Cueto and Volquez are #2SP or better, and these guys will need and should be protected in August and September, Dunn(because even if a team cannot resign they will get 1st and sandwich pick) has most value and #2 starters to take on Cueto and/or Volquez workload are a commodity. Patterson is (Dusty Baker)sufficient in CF. Griffey isn't going anywhere, despite some people's thinking about his contract, for 2007 it was very favorable considering his production and as a veteran you'd think he would go to contender to win Championship, yet not a sniff on a trade rumor. He's looking to win championship and/or end career in Cincy, props to Jr. Bruce has to play somewhere and Reds don't need another LHB - so Dunn goes by the end of the year. Plus neither WK nor WJ(whomever the GM is) have a history of paying for defensive liabilities, so they aren't signing him for 2009, that means they move him.