04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
the answer to all our problems.

bubbachunk
04-21-2008, 11:53 AM
please explain

sweetsport06
04-21-2008, 06:38 PM
hes not on the 25 man roster.
hes blocked by asdrubal cabrera and jamey carrol.
he had wretched offense playing for the last year and it was only getting worse.
they have need of more consistent position players than like andy marte, and the aging casey blake. jason michaels and david dellucci arent fit to be full time outfielders. which we have a surplus of.
they have a ton of LHP such as jeremy sowers, scott lewis, chuck lofgren, and aaron laffney. all of which fall considerable far back in consideration for the mlb rotation.
a trade would work out great for both sides. and should be easy to get done. could very well be the next brandon phillips type player with less speed but better defense. and a good amount of power.

SultanOfSwing
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
hes not on the 25 man roster.
hes blocked by asdrubal cabrera and jamey carrol.
he had wretched offense playing for the last year and it was only getting worse.
they have need of more consistent position players than like andy marte, and the aging casey blake. jason michaels and david dellucci arent fit to be full time outfielders. which we have a surplus of.
they have a ton of LHP such as jeremy sowers, scott lewis, chuck lofgren, and aaron laffney. all of which fall considerable far back in consideration for the mlb rotation.
a trade would work out great for both sides. and should be easy to get done. could very well be the next brandon phillips type player with less speed but better defense. and a good amount of power.
But where would he play?

And I really, really doubt he will develop into a better defender than Phillips.

bthomasiscool
04-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Better defense than Brandon Phillips? Hard to see that being possible. I get your point, but don't see it happening.

Redeye fly
04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
With all due respect, the guy moved from a pitcher's park to a more hitter friendly park and got worse offensively. Yeah there may still be something there but I don't think he's a guy we need to be sniffing around. Maybe the only thing that might bring his offense back is a switch back to the National League. He and Phillips do seem to be fairly similar, I'll give you that. Neither player walks very much at all, both have solid speed and gloves. Brandon has more power.

He's probably a better "solution" than the Jerry Hairston Jr's of the world, especially since he's still a young player. But the answer to all our problems? Sorry, but respectfully no.

Redeye fly
04-21-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm not really sure we have the "surplus" of outfielders that everyone has said we do either. I mean I haven't seen all the names or evaluations on all of them. But we traded part of that surplus for Edinson Volquez. It actually seemed like when that trade was made at least in the organization's mind part of that surplus included names like Ryan Freel and Norris Hopper, and we know how most people here feel about them.

Jay Bruce, sure. But beyond him, how many guys do we have down in the minors who are alleged to be close to major league ready and expected to make a big impact? Dickerson is seen by most as a fourth outfielder type. Someone may bite on a player like Stubbs or Syzmanski, if Wayne wants to move them. But neither one of those guys are sure things either.

Arapahoe
04-22-2008, 02:15 PM
What makes you think Cleveland wants to get rid of him?