PDA

View Full Version : We're together again

RFS62
04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
I've gone from shock and awe to disbelief to abject terror watching the two JTM commercials with Bronson and Chris.

At first, they were so bad it was like performance art, lampooning bad commercials.

Now, though, they frighten and confuse me.

GAC
04-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I try not to eat prior to any game because they play that stupid commercial about a dozen times during it.

Bronson's a far worse singer then he is a pitcher..... so he has that going for him. ;)

TeamCasey
04-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Creepy is when they add the scary Burger King dude in the mix.

redsrule2500
04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
JTM has the most insanely bad marketing department in the world.

Every year they amaze me with their new terrible ad lol

OldRightHander
04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I have to hear the audio version of that one on the radio. Heck, would you rather they bring back the "more more more" ad with that woman at the grocery?

joshnky
04-21-2008, 08:16 PM
JTM has the most insanely bad marketing department in the world.

Every year they amaze me with their new terrible ad lol

Is it really bad marketing? Their ads are so bad people are inclined to talk about them more which builds brand recognition. In some ways this is a better marketing strategy than the companies that make great ads and you can't remember the product because the ad gets all the glory.

Head On headache cream is a great example of this strategy. They have ridiculous TV ads that have built a name so that people recognize the product at the pharmacy.

SandyD
04-21-2008, 08:36 PM
But what is JTM, and what does "together again" have to do with anything?

CrackerJack
04-21-2008, 09:28 PM

I've been trying to figure that out myself still.

I do know that it's some sort of cheap, processed beef made from unknown origins.

Matt700wlw
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM

JTM brings the fans and Reds baseball back together even if the Reds are on the road....because JTM's and the Reds are perfect together

What am I saying?

SandyD
04-21-2008, 09:42 PM
so it's the meat, not a deli/sandwich place? packaged deli meat like "hormel"?

lollipopcurve
04-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm a big fan.

LINEDRIVER
04-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I've been trying to figure that out myself still.

I do know that it's some sort of cheap, processed beef made from unknown origins.

Aren't leaving "sawdust" out of the recipe??? :D

VR
04-21-2008, 09:59 PM
JTM brings the fans and Reds baseball back together even if the Reds are on the road....because JTM's and the Reds are perfect together

What am I saying?

Towing the company line :thumbup:

marcshoe
04-21-2008, 10:02 PM
I love it! Ever since I heard the radio version a few days ago, understood the lyrics, and figured out that none of it makes a lick of sense, meaning Bronson with the acoustic guitar and the wind machine in the dugout fits in perfectly....

it is performance art!

savafan
04-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I love it! Ever since I heard the radio version a few days ago, understood the lyrics, and figured out that none of it makes a lick of sense, meaning Bronson with the acoustic guitar and the wind machine in the dugout fits in perfectly....

it is performance art!

Well, that makes 2 of us.

pedro
04-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Just Turtle Meat

Reds/Flyers Fan
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
The Bronson JTM commercial is so bad Will Farrel should be in it

paintmered
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
This year's ad is so bad it almost makes me forget about last year's crazy-lady-shopping-while-dancing-badly-and-rotating-her-head-randomly-and-unnaturally-at-the-grocery-store ad. Almost.

sonny
04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Just Turtle Meat

I thought it was "Jeez, that's meat?"

Screwball
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
I like 'em. Like most of my drives on the golf course, they're so bad they're good. I shake my head and chuckle every time.

pedro
04-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I thought it was "Jeez, that's meat?"

Joints & Tendons? Maybe.

LoganBuck
04-21-2008, 11:36 PM
And now for a brief history of lunch........

MrCinatit
04-22-2008, 02:15 AM
I find them mildly amusing at first, but seeing that they are being played between every inning, they have become a bit of a nuisance.
One really bad thing about FSN is their ability to run some commercials far into the ground.

SandyD
04-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Just Turtle Meat

Ever have turtle soup?

RedFanAlways1966
04-22-2008, 07:10 AM
One really bad thing about FSN is their ability to run some commercials far into the ground.

No doubt about it. Most of us still have flashbacks (nightmares?) of Amy & Erin, Skyline's take me out to the ballgame, the slob family on the couch at Bigg's, etc.

But as long as these companies are paying for ads that help us to see the REDS 148 times on TV... I can deal! :)

coachw513
04-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Quite frankly the look Arroyo gives at the end of the commercial scares the crap out of me...it's almost like when I saw Poltergeist as a teenager and wanted to throw the TV out of my house :D

Big Klu
04-22-2008, 08:18 AM
I have to hear the audio version of that one on the radio. Heck, would you rather they bring back the "more more more" ad with that woman at the grocery?

I dunno...she was a "hottie"! :D

This year's ad is so bad it almost makes me forget about last year's crazy-lady-shopping-while-dancing-badly-and-rotating-her-head-randomly-and-unnaturally-at-the-grocery-store ad. Almost.

Actually, that was two years ago. Last year's JTM commercials featured the computer-animated JTM bags dancing "James Brown-style".

I like 'em. Like most of my drives on the golf course, they're so bad they're good. I shake my head and chuckle every time.

Me too. I think they are hilarious, and I laugh every time they are on.

I find them mildly amusing at first, but seeing that they are being played between every inning, they have become a bit of a nuisance.

No doubt about it. Most of us still have flashbacks (nightmares?) of Amy & Erin, Skyline's take me out to the ballgame, the slob family on the couch at Bigg's, etc.

But as long as these companies are paying for ads that help us to see the REDS 148 times on TV... I can deal! :)

Don't forget "Multi-tasking!" at the Red Roof Inn! :D

Roy Tucker
04-22-2008, 08:21 AM
I get that Bronson is doing some faux rock star thing. OK fine, whatever, we get it Bronson, you're cool.

But I really don't understand what it is Chris is supposed to be doing. He has some vaguely thorazine-influenced smile, he dodders around a grill like my grandpa or just smiles vacantly with the 1000 yard stare, and I'm guessing here, but is supposed to be showing some kind of enjoyment from Arroyo's performance?

These commercials are equal parts bad and mystifying. However, they are also starting to reach cult status. My daughter and I make huge fun of them.

Heath
04-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Barclay's Cough Mixtures - Tastes Bad - but it works!

Danny Serafini
04-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Those commercials are so hilariously awful that I actually find myself looking forward to seeing one. I really need help.

Unassisted
04-22-2008, 09:14 AM
MLB.TV covers up the commercials. This thread and the comments in chat lead me to believe I'm really missing something.

Roy Tucker
04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
MLB.TV covers up the commercials. This thread and the comments in chat lead me to believe I'm really missing something.

Enjoy...

http://www.jtmfoodgroup.com/commercials.asp

REDREAD
04-22-2008, 09:18 AM

The Reds are not home, but that's ok..
Because the dude that sits at home alone is together again with JTM.

Who needs a sports team and family if you have JTM taco filling? :lol:

RedsFan75
04-22-2008, 09:25 AM
... He has some vaguely thorazine-influenced smile, he dodders around a grill like my grandpa or just smiles vacantly with the 1000 yard stare,...

Going to have to pull out my Govt Mule... your statement made me think of the "Thorazine Shuffle"

Enjoy...

http://www.jtmfoodgroup.com/commercials.asp

Thom was talking to Chris and said there are some that haven't been released yet, they are going to change them during the year.

redsrule2500
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I dunno...she was a "hottie"! :D

I just had to post that I completely disagree....more like "creepy"...

Unassisted
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Enjoy...

http://www.jtmfoodgroup.com/commercials.aspThanks, now I understand the favor that MLB.TV has been doing for me. ;)

I do think that these would be a lot more fun to watch if Arroyo was 3-0 right now.

Blitz Dorsey
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
People are missing the point. Like the Mentos' ads, they're supposed to be stupid.

But yeah, they are really, really bad. And Bronson gets more props for his singing abilities than he should.

Chip R
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
No doubt about it. Most of us still have flashbacks (nightmares?) of Amy & Erin

That one commercial with Marty outside tapping on the window with a big grin on his face is right up there with Welsh's JTM commercials as far as creepiness goes.

westofyou
04-22-2008, 11:01 AM
People are missing the point ALL advertising on FSN is second rate crap... farmers.com, A&E Windows... JTM... John Morrell.

I get embarrassed watching the crap in between innings , makes me envision some guy in overalls searching for an online date while he snacks on a bag of Joints Tendons and Muscles

RFS62
04-22-2008, 11:06 AM
People are missing the point ALL advertising on FSN is second rate crap... farmers.com, A&E Windows... JTM... John Morrell.

I get embarrassed watching the crap in between innings , makes me envision some guy in overalls searching for an online date while he snacks on a bag of Joints Tendons and Muscles

Bet he's got a nice garage door, though.

Big Klu
04-22-2008, 11:32 AM
I just had to post that I completely disagree....more like "creepy"...

Sarcasm, my friend...sarcasm....

pedro
04-22-2008, 11:41 AM

It's a beautiful thing isn't it?

Unfortunately I watched the free preview of "extra innings" and my eyes are still burning.

Cyclone792
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM

The chances of anybody forgetting their Red Roof Inn commercials from a few years ago is ... remote.

How low can FSN go?

Unassisted
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
It's a beautiful thing isn't it?
I have to admit that when I watch full-screen I eventually get quite bored from watching that MLB.TV graphic during commercial breaks. :sleep:

It's good to know now what is driving everyone up the wall who is watching the same game via other methods. :laugh:

WebScorpion
04-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately I watched the free preview of "extra innings" and my eyes are still burning.

That's what happened to me too. I think I watched, like 4 games, and saw that commercial often enough to replay it in my head at will...the images and sounds are burned into my cerebral cortex. AUGH!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/blue.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Tom Servo
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Welsh just said there's more to come. Huzzah!

redsrule2500
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Chris Welsh just said of the commercial -

"Wait until later ones....Stay tuned. The best is yet to come"

SandyD
04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
with EI, I like sometimes seeing team promos from around the league

I noticed the Alamo Electronics commerical is exactly the same as another electronic store here. Can't remember the name, but it's not alamo

bucksfan
04-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Well, that makes 2 of us.

Make it 3. Of course they are not "good" quality commercials, but IMO they are good at what they are I believe trying to do. And it made me laugh for sure.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
The first time I saw it, I got a pretty good laugh.

The fifth time I saw it, which oddly enough I believe was the same night I originally saw it, I was annoyed with it.

4 weeks into the season, I can't help but laugh at how horrible it has become. It is now in the cult status of "so bad, it's good" for me.

gm
04-23-2008, 01:19 AM
I get that Bronson is doing some faux rock star thing. OK fine, whatever, we get it Bronson, you're cool.

But I really don't understand what it is Chris is supposed to be doing. He has some vaguely thorazine-influenced smile...

Chris has that same glazed-eye grin whenever George talks about the "smiling side of the scoreboard"

Welsh told Amazon that Arroyo is taking some serious flak in the clubhouse, it's hard to feel sorry for Bronson...although once you sign up to do those spots you're pretty much at the mercy of the advertising sparkies

Caseyfan21
04-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I have LOL'ed at this thread. Mostly because every response I was going to give has already been said.

"How LOW can YOU go?"

Blitz Dorsey
04-24-2008, 11:08 PM
There's this one where Bronson leads the NL in ERA, E5carnacion leads MLB in errors and Welsh isn't funny. Oh wait, those are real games, not commercials.

Bronson and Welsh should have stuck with the "Hey Meat..." idea for the JTM ads. That would have fit much better.

KronoRed
04-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Truly awful stuff

redsrule2500
04-25-2008, 12:17 AM
sucks for JTM that bronson decided to jump off the good pitcher truck

WVRedsFan
04-25-2008, 12:53 AM
sucks for JTM that bronson decided to jump off the good pitcher truck

Heck, JTM sucks. We used to get them in WV, but they didn't sell so Kroger quit stocking them. I always wondered why anyone ate them. They used to have a product that was like a McRib--pressed pork without barbeque sauce, so I bought some and they tasted like I imagine dog food tastes.

How do they stay in business?

(and besides, ever look at the calories in that stuff? Holy crap! Fat city!)