PDA

View Full Version : What could we get for Dunn at deadline?

NorrisHopper30
04-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Just curious, if we're out of it and Dunn is doing his usual thing (on pace for 40+), what kind of names do you think we could get for Dunn?

Carin4Narron
04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I would give Dunn away for nothing and watch this team improve right away.

NorrisHopper30
04-22-2008, 01:42 PM
That would be a great move.

AmarilloRed
04-22-2008, 01:43 PM

We wouldn't get nothing.We receive draft picks if Dunn signs with another team in free agency.

04-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Just curious, if we're out of it and Dunn is doing his usual thing (on pace for 40+), what kind of names do you think we could get for Dunn?

The Reds would take anything more than what they think they could get from a #1 and a supplemental draft pick. That actually is a lot.
The names will depend on the team acquiring him. They most likely will be prospects.

Nasty_Boy
04-22-2008, 05:10 PM

I will nominate this post as the dumbest post ever!

mlbfan30
04-22-2008, 05:23 PM
For once, a young SP prospect is not on the list.
I'd say some type of MLB-ready power RHRP with closer stuff
or.. An MLB ready OFer that projects to be above average.

Both of which would probably rate as high B prospects. That's pretty much what Dunn is worth considering his contract and production so far.

James B.
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
The other day certain posters were trying to run E.E. out of town. Now were are going to Run Dunn out of town. Do you really think Dunn is going to hit like this all saeson?

mound_patrol
04-22-2008, 05:40 PM
The other day certain posters were trying to run E.E. out of town. Now were are going to Run Dunn out of town. Do you really think Dunn is going to hit like this all saeson?

Actually people have been trying to run Dunn out of town for a while now, and Marty has been the biggest supporter of that. I think a lot of people will miss Dunn once he is actually gone.

Larkinfan_11
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Agreed mound patrol, Dunn will be missed once he is gone whether it this year next year or however many years in the future. As deep as the Reds are in the OF Dunn shouldn't be the one to go. Patterson, Hairston Jr., or Freel/Hoppper Combo cannot play 162 games why not let Bruce learn from one of the greatest CF of all time and also progress with Votto so they can push one another similar to what Cueto and Volquez seem to be doing.

The question shouldn't be what can we get for Dunn at the All Star break it should be what can we get for Hatty and Freel/Hopper Package now?

NorrisHopper30
04-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I want to keep Dunn, only reason I posted this was to see if anyone had a ballpark guess on his value.

Blue
04-22-2008, 11:43 PM

And then you would take the beer goggles off.

keeganbrick
04-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Agreed mound patrol, Dunn will be missed once he is gone whether it this year next year or however many years in the future. As deep as the Reds are in the OF Dunn shouldn't be the one to go. Patterson, Hairston Jr., or Freel/Hoppper Combo cannot play 162 games why not let Bruce learn from one of the greatest CF of all time and also progress with Votto so they can push one another similar to what Cueto and Volquez seem to be doing.

The question shouldn't be what can we get for Dunn at the All Star break it should be what can we get for Hatty and Freel/Hopper Package now?

Jay Bruce

redhawk61
04-23-2008, 02:30 AM
I say let him walk for the picks. Just look what Rich Auriella got us....Todd Fraizer, not to shabby

Gunner44
04-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Did u really just compare Rich Auriella to Adam Dunn?

elfmanvt07
04-23-2008, 08:47 AM
That he did.

People knock on Adam Dunn because what he does isn't pretty. True, he'll never be a gold glove outfielder, but when his bat is going, he's a force to be reckoned with.

To quote Colin Cowherd, "you are what your baseball card says you are". He'll improve to his usual career numbers. You can count on it.

podgejeff_
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Our offense is apparently so awesome we can trade away major offensive pieces like Dunn.

Ahhhorsepoo
04-23-2008, 10:26 AM
our offense dies when he gets a K.. or gets a walk and then clogs the bases... I still will never forget the play where he didn't have a set, and run over jason kendall.. sorry but that is his career in a perfect kodak moment.. complete with his fall over the bat.

Carin4Narron
04-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I will nominate this post as the dumbest post ever! Dunn provides a negative vibe to the team and his trade value is zero!

Fil3232
04-23-2008, 10:46 AM
our offense dies when he gets a K.. or gets a walk and then clogs the bases... I still will never forget the play where he didn't have a set, and run over jason kendall.. sorry but that is his career in a perfect kodak moment.. complete with his fall over the bat.

Dusty, is that you?

Clogging the bases is about the most pathetic baseball term (and Dunn argument) I have ever heard.

Fil3232
04-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Dunn provides a negative vibe to the team and his trade value is zero!

Except, the opposite of that.

podgejeff_
04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, because god forbid we don't need 40 HR power guys on this team. And those walks clogging the bases, the last thing we need are more baserunners.

Why settle for a guy who has averaged a .900 OPS over his career and constantly gives us walks when we can watch Norris Hopper bunt infield singles all day and still not give us any better defense in center field!

Carin4Narron
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
What have the Reds done won with Dunn's 40 homers a year? How many games has he cost them games by striking out in key stituations and by his lazy play in the field?

Degenerate39
04-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Dunn provides a negative vibe to the team and his trade value is zero!

How in the world do you know if Dunn provides a negative vibe to the team?! Everything I've read about him in the offseason it the exact opposite. Really you need to research before you post stuff like this.

Degenerate39
04-23-2008, 03:38 PM
What have the Reds done won with Dunn's 40 homers a year? How many games has he cost them games by striking out in key stituations and by his lazy play in the field?

Remember last September when Dunn was on the DL? Remember what the offense looked like without him? I do and it wasn't pretty. The part of that September he went on the DL the team looked awful at the plate.

It's not Dunn's fault the Reds haven't had pitching until this year! Blaming him for the Reds losing season is just crazy. I love Junior to death but if anyone on the offense if to blame it's him.

AmarilloRed
04-23-2008, 04:12 PM

It's the pitching that has been responsible for the Reds losing 90 games a year for a long time. We finally look like we have some starting pitching, and there are some talented relievers at AAA. I have no problem giving Dunn a LTC because of his consistant production; I do have a problem giving the Stantons and Castros of the world multi-year deals.

Carin4Narron
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
It's the pitching that has been responsible for the Reds losing 90 games a year for a long time. We finally look like we have some starting pitching, and there are some talented relievers at AAA. I have no problem giving Dunn a LTC because of his consistant production; I do have a problem giving the Stantons and Castros of the world multi-year deals. Go ahead and keep drinking the kool aid, guys! Personally, I am very tired of the taste.

Dracodave
04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Patterson, Hairston Jr., or Freel/Hoppper Combo cannot play 162 games why not let Bruce learn from one of the greatest CF of all time and also progress with Votto so they can push one another similar to what Cueto and Volquez seem to be doing.

Votto and Bruce remind me of Wright and Reyes. You do not SPLIT a friendship that pushes players or gives them incentives to play the game correctly together away. You break up friendships like Kearns and Dunn, because of Kearns supposively bad work ethic, and since he isnt doing well at all in Washington, I'd say they were right.

Lockdwn11
04-23-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't know if LA would do it but I would see if there was any intrest in Dunn for a Matt Kemp for Adam Dunn deal.

keeganbrick
04-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't know if LA would do it but I would see if there was any intrest in Dunn for a Matt Kemp for Adam Dunn deal.

:rolleyes:

Slyder
04-23-2008, 05:15 PM
blah blah blah he sucks
blah balh blah he rocks
blah blah blah whats the Reds won with him?
blah blah blah no pitching
blah blah blah 160+ ks
blah blah blah consistant 40 hr hitter.

Can ANYONE come up with ANYTHING new?

NorrisHopper30
04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
A mod can lock this thread, it's going nowhere and i'm not getting the input that I expected.

Lockdwn11
04-23-2008, 05:23 PM
A mod can lock this thread, it's going nowhere and i'm not getting the input that I expected.

I tried.

NorrisHopper30
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I tried.

I'd do that trade in a second.

Heath
04-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Closed per thread starter.

:dunno: