PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Gross to the Rays

reds44
04-22-2008, 08:43 PM
The Rays have reportedly acquired Gabe Gross from the Brewers for Josh Butler.

The Brewers figure to activate Tony Gwynn Jr. on Wednesday to take the open roster spot. With Gross around, it doesn't look like the Rays will have room for either Nathan Haynes or Justin Ruggiano. Jonny Gomes figures to lose additional playing time, and Dan Johnson's role could be diminished before he even makes his debut.
Source: St. Petersburg Times
Rotoworld

Highlifeman21
04-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Brewers kept the wrong Gabe.

IMO, they should have kept Gross, and moved Kapler.

OnBaseMachine
04-22-2008, 08:49 PM
I'd love to see Wayne go after Johnny Gomes.

Joseph
04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm not surprised at all. I figured Gross to be gone, I just thought it'd be when Cameron is back from suspension.

Highlifeman21
04-22-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm not surprised at all. I figured Gross to be gone, I just thought it'd be when Cameron is back from suspension.

25 games is just around the bend...

cincinnati chili
04-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Could be a nice pickup, but he's going to hit in a division with some good pitching.

I've brought him up as a potential Reds trade target at least a few times, going back a few years. The Brewers viewed him as a "tweaner" with not enough defense to play CF and not enough offense to play the corners.

They never gave him the respect he deserves over the past few years. Meanwhile, they wasted at bats on Geoff Jenkins.

IslandRed
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Swiped from a BP article today... if you think our roster management is a little goofy, right now the Brewers are going with 14 (!) pitchers. In the National League. Last night three pitchers were used as pinch-hitters.

redsmetz
04-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Swiped from a BP article today... if you think our roster management is a little goofy, right now the Brewers are going with 14 (!) pitchers. In the National League. Last night three pitchers were used as pinch-hitters.

A nuclear meltdown would occur on RZ if that happened here.

Hoosier Red
04-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Is one of them Brooks Kietschnick?