PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Promotion

Triples
04-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Thoughts on Michael DeJesus and Michael Hrynio being promoted to Chattanooga? I don't know a lot about either of these players but I would have thought Valaika or Turner would have gotten the nod before DeJesus. Its almost as though they moved him out of the way so Turner and Valaika would get more playing time. What am I missing?

oneupper
04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Thoughts on Michael DeJesus and Michael Hrynio being promoted to Chattanooga? I don't know a lot about either of these players but I would have thought Vailaka or Turner would have gotten the nod before DeJesus. Its almost as though they moved him out of the way so Turner and Vailaka would get more playing time. What am I missing?

I don't think you're missing anything. That's probably it. "Organization guys" (read: non-prospects) are commonly moved around to accommodate the development of prospects.

Redman15
04-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I just returned from Sarasota and saw a few games. My Cali guy's are playing pretty good right now.
They could both be playing up the middle in AA right now. I don't now why the skipped over Turner or Valaika.
They might want to keep them together for now. Stubbs looks healthy and is playing well.
Francisco still can't lay off the off speed stuff.
DeJesus is throwing in the mid 90's. He was pretty impressive vs Dunedin the other night.
The field in Clearwater is top notch. T Wood couldn't catch a break. Duck farts were definitely in.