PDA

View Full Version : Doc sez Krivsky FIRED!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

RedsBaron
04-25-2008, 02:25 PM
He didn't give DanO a fair chance, just as some are saying Wayne did not get a fair chance. DanO only served 2 years (IIRC) and was not allowed to finish his last year, just like Wayne.

DanO was given a fair chance by the Reds, and there was no need for a new owner to prolong the agony. It is not unusual for a new owner to want his own people in charge, and DanO had hardly established a track record to warrant his retention.

Team Clark
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't know if the "paranoia" stuff is real or not (I'm leaning towards "not"), but most paranoid higher-ups are that way because they're in over their head.

That's a good answer. I hate to say I never considered that but I didn't. If true, that would explain a lot. Hard to imagine a guy who had spent 29 years in the game and previosuly was the #2 guy not being prepared. Jumping up a notch can sure change things.

OnBaseMachine
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
This is my position too. The 2008 season is already over; might as well save the turbulence for the offseason.

If my math is correct, there are still 139 games left this season.

Falls City Beer
I work at a college. Office politics is EVERYTHING.

So do I. I know, too. And I know that when people get promoted above their abilities they get defensive. Not because folks *are* out to get them, but because they see themselves as failing to be as good as someone who might replace them.

Chip R
And that's it, gang. We've reached the 1,000 post limit. Good discussion and feel free to begin another thread.