Corey: .795 OPS

Defense
One guy covers ground, one guy doesn't.

Baserunning
One guy is fast, one guy is almost 39.

What to do with Bruce?

buckeyenut
04-24-2008, 10:11 AM
One guy brings in millions of dollars and nearing 600 HRs. The other guy doesn't. One guy is misplaced as a leadoff hitter. The other is misplaced as a #3 hitter.

I could say both are part of the problem, but both deserve a role.

Joseph
04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Griffey is the RFer until such time as he retires, is traded, or goes to another team. Dusty has proven he'll play kids I do believe...Cueto, Volquez, EE, Votto....but he's not going to bench a HoFer, even for Jay "Cooperstown here I come'' Bruce.

NJReds
04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Griffey is the RFer until such time as he retires, is traded, or goes to another team. Dusty has proven he'll play kids I do believe...Cueto, Volquez, EE, Votto....but he's not going to bench a HoFer, even for Jay "Cooperstown here I come'' Bruce.

That fact is that Griffey should be a DH in the AL. The same could probably be said for Dunn. You can have one in your OF, but putting both out there is a constant strain on the pitching staff.

MartyFan
04-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Next year when Junior is the Reds LFer will Patterson be in CF or Bruce? And which one plays RF?

jojo
04-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Offense
Griffey: .786 OPS
Corey: .795 OPS

Defense
One guy covers ground, one guy doesn't.

Baserunning
One guy is fast, one guy is almost 39.

What to do with Bruce?

One guy is likely to OPSat or above .800 as the season progresses.

One guy likely (depending upon how he's used) doesn't have a chance to even come close to that mark.

lollipopcurve
04-24-2008, 10:27 AM
One guy is likely to OPSat or above .800 as the season progresses.

One guy likely (depending upon how he's used) doesn't have a chance to even come close to that mark.

Want to factor in defense, as you so often do?

flyer85
04-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Jr will play RF ... period.

Next year it will be an issue for whatever team he is with.

*BaseClogger*
04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Small Sample Alert! :rockband:

jojo
04-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Want to factor in defense, as you so often do?

Sure.

Tony Cloninger
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
What Flyer said....next year Griffey should be gone. Bruce should be in RF.

NJReds
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Jr will play RF ... period.

Next year it will be an issue for whatever team he is with.

You're right. That's why I said "should" DH. I think he'd retire before becoming a full-time DH.

flyer85
04-24-2008, 11:17 AM
I think he'd retire before becoming a full-time DH.Jr is still chasing numbers. If a DH gig is the best he can get, then IMHO, he will take it.

WMR
04-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Next year when Junior is the Reds LFer will Patterson be in CF or Bruce? And which one plays RF?

Junior's not going to be on this team next season.

If anyone is in left-field, it'll be Dunn.

REDREAD
04-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Jr is still chasing numbers. If a DH gig is the best he can get, then IMHO, he will take it.

I don't know. Jr strikes me as the kind of guy that really doesn't care about personal stat glory. I remember Pete Rose at any given time could give you his up to the date counting stats. Jr isn't like that.

Jr seems like the type of guy that will quit as soon as the game is no longer fun. Money isn't the #1 priority to him. If the Reds don't pick up his option, he'll probably consider retiring. Either that, or he'll try to hook up with a playoff bound team, I'm not sure.

But I doubt Jr becomes a journeyman DH bouncing from team to team for the next 3-4 years, even though he could.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Junior's not going to be on this team next season.

If anyone is in left-field, it'll be Dunn.

How about

EE in LF in '08
Bruce in RF in '08
Patterson in CF in '08 (until Stubbs is ready or a replacement can be found)

Votto 1B
Phillips 2B
AGon SS
Kepp 3B

Ross/Bako C (until Tatum is ready or a replacment can be found)

*BaseClogger*
04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
It wouldn'ts surprise me if either of these guys has more AB's on the 2009 Reds than AGon...

Redhook
04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
How about

EE in LF in '08
Bruce in RF in '08
Patterson in CF in '08 (until Stubbs is ready or a replacement can be found)

Votto 1B
Phillips 2B
AGon SS
Kepp 3B

Ross/Bako C (until Tatum is ready or a replacment can be found)

That lineup would be pretty weak, but if you used the money saved on Dunn and Jr on another stud starter I think it'd be a pretty good team. I'd love to see them land someone like Alex Rios to play center and bat 4th. They really need a right-handed cleanup hitter not name Phillips or EE.