PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard is a pothead

WMR
04-25-2008, 06:16 PM
:pimp:

Funny interview on the Michael Irvin Radio Show.

"Lots of players in the league have that problem. Most of the players in the NBA smoke weed."

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
:pimp: :pimp:
:pimp:

BLAZE IT UP JOSH HOWARD

(Wonder if Avery tokes up???)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTLpOL2l28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnrcU-2WyN8&feature=related

BRM
04-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Takes one to know one. :p:

TeamSelig
04-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Jason Terry is one too, and it is pretty obvious just by looking at him. (IMO)

15fan
04-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Josh, Josh, Josh... :explode:

Not smart. Not smart at all.

TeamSelig
04-26-2008, 12:09 AM
I hope he gets a "random" drug test this offseason :D

Redlegs23
04-26-2008, 07:52 AM
So you're telling me that many NBA players smoke weed?!? I can't bring myself to believe this rubbish!

TeamSelig
04-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't doubt that a big majority of them do. It's because of the NBA policy on it. You get 4 random drug tests throughout the season. You are "allowed" to fail some of them. On the third failed test, it is finally brought to public and you are suspended for 3 games (I think it's three?)

MWM
04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure why anyone with the luxury of playing basektball for a living would ever say these things publicly. Moron!

Highlifeman21
04-26-2008, 12:48 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure why anyone with the luxury of playing basektball for a living would ever say these things publicly. Moron!

Maybe he blazed just before the interview?

redsfanmia
04-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Whats next NBA player admitting to having promiscuous sex?

EddieMilner
04-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Does it really bug people if professional athletes smoke pot in their own time? I don't see much difference (the effects, not the legal issues) between that and drinking alcohol.

TC81190
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Does it really bug people if professional athletes smoke pot in their own time? I don't see much difference (the effects, not the legal issues) between that and drinking alcohol.
Personally, it doesn't me.

RedFanAlways1966
04-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Personally, it doesn't me.

Doesn't bother me... as long as I am not told about it. Do it, I could care less. But do not admit to doing something illegal to the public. And do not take down the rest of the league with your admissions. I guess some people are not too smart and have no clue about the Ricky Williams story.

MWM
04-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I really don't care if someone smoked pot. I'm just amazed by the stupidity of saying it publicly without any reason to.

TeamSelig
04-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Aside from being illegal, there are too many kids that idolize these guys. I wonder how many younger kids from Dallas now think that its cool or okay to smoke marijuana because their favorite player does it (along with "most of the league")

Chip R
04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Aside from being illegal, there are too many kids that idolize these guys. I wonder how many younger kids from Dallas now think that its cool or okay to smoke marijuana because their favorite player does it (along with "most of the league")

Not that I don't disagree with you but if a kid is influenced to smoke pot, it's probably not going to be by a sports star.

TeamSelig
04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I disagree. They are role models, idolized, etc.

WVRed
04-30-2008, 02:24 PM
In related Mavericks news, Avery Johnson was fired today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3375306

The Dallas Mavericks parted company with coach Avery Johnson on Wednesday, a day following the team's first-round exit from the NBA playoffs, ESPN.com has learned.

Avery Johnson failed to get the Mavs out of the first round for the second straight season.

Speculation about Johnson's future with the franchise had been mounting for weeks, ever since Dallas struggled to reach the playoffs as the seventh seed following its midseason acquisition of point guard Jason Kidd from New Jersey.

Johnson became Mavs coach during the 2004-05 season and walks away with a 194-70 record (.735), but only a 23-24 mark in the playoffs and 3-12 in the postseason since Dallas' dismantling by Miami in the 2006 NBA Finals.

Host New Orleans wrapped up a 4-1 series rout of Dallas with Tuesday night's 99-94 victory.

"This is tough for me," Johnson said after the game, not specifically responding to a question about his job security but struggling to contain his disappointment after the Mavs' second straight flameout in the first round.

NBA front-office offices sources told ESPN.com that both the Mavs and Johnson, feeling that a coaching change was inevitable, wanted to come to a resolution quickly so Dallas could begin interviewing candidates and Johnson could pursue another job.

The New York Knicks and the Chicago Bulls have openings.

Sources close to the situation have said that Mavericks owner Mark Cuban actually considered firing Johnson before the playoffs, specifically after Cuban and Johnson engaged in an emotional argument after a March 18 home loss to the Lakers.

Cuban refused to speak with reporters after Tuesday's loss -- Dallas' ninth playoff defeat in a row on the road since taking a 2-0 lead in the 2006 Finals.

This is going to be a wild NBA offseason I believe. The draft is as deep as ever and a lot of big time coaching changes. I bet Larry Brown wished he would have waited another day.

TeamSelig
04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
So who do you think goes to Dallas? George Karl? (or is he staying in Denver?)

redsfanmia
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
So who do you think goes to Dallas? George Karl? (or is he staying in Denver?)

Is Bill Fitch still alive? Isiah Thomas would be a nice fit Cuban is and Indiana Grad.

Larry Brown would have been a good fit.

Revering4Blue
05-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Sources: Mavs to hire Carlisle
Posted: Saturday May 03, 2008 07:41AM ET

Rick Carlisle won't be reunited with former boss Donnie Walsh with the Knicks. Sources told The Post last night that the former Pacer and Piston coach, who interviewed with Walsh for the Knick coaching job Wednesday, has agreed to terms with the Mavericks to replace Avery Johnson

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/48993

It's the poorly constructed roster, not the coach, Mr. Cuban.

TeamSelig
05-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmm... interesting to see how the offensive based Mavs will do with a horrible offensive coach. I wonder if he will turn them into a very slow grind 'em out kinda team or play off their strengths.