PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's lineups (4/28)

Reds Fanatic
04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Game is on in HD tonight

Reds (11 - 15)
5th in NL Central
Cardinals (16 - 10)
2nd in NL Central

Starting Lineup

Name AVG HR RBI SB
1. C Patterson, CF .224 4 11 4
2. J Keppinger, SS .317 2 13 1
3. K Griffey Jr., RF .244 4 15 0
4. B Phillips, 2B .280 5 13 4
5. A Dunn, LF .192 3 8 1
6. E Encarnacion, 3B .289 6 12 1
7. J Votto, 1B .310 4 13 0
8. P Bako, C .328 2 10 0
9. B Arroyo, P .200 0 0 0

Starting Lineup

Name AVG HR RBI SB
1. R Ludwick, RF .323 4 14 1
2. R Ankiel, CF .241 4 11 0
3. A Pujols, 1B .376 5 20 2
4. C Duncan, LF .273 2 6 1
5. T Glaus, 3B .258 1 17 0
6. Y Molina, C .280 1 7 0
7. A Kennedy, 2B .302 0 9 2
8. T Wellemeyer, P .111 0 0 0
9. C Izturis, SS .186 0 3 1

Starting Pitcher
Name W L ERA* WHIP K
B Arroyo 0 3 7.56 1.84 23

Starting Pitcher
Name W L ERA* WHIP K
T Wellemeyer 2 0 3.77 1.13 31

OnBaseMachine
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
The Reds are 0-9 in series openers. I'm not feeling too confident that streaks ends tonight with Arroyo pitching.

With Cueto and Harang going the next two games, the Reds need to win two of three.

WMR
04-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Talk about playing over your head. I'm sorry, but that Cards lineup is WEAK.

Reds/Flyers Fan
04-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Lets just hope JTM Arroyo can hold the Cards to less than 8 runs tonight to give us at least a puncher's chance

Reds Freak
04-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm surprised to see Bako in there again. I thought Bako would just catch the two kids especially considering Ross is Bronson's favorite. Glad to see Dusty playing the hot hand...

PuffyPig
04-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm surprised to see Bako in there again. I thought Bako would just catch the two kids especially considering Ross is Bronson's favorite. Glad to see Dusty playing the hot hand...

I assume Ross is hurting,which is why he didn't play against the Giants' LH pitchers.

cumberlandreds
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
This is day 13 of the Game Day thread being held hostage. ;)

WVRedsFan
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
This is day 13 of the Game Day thread being held hostage. ;)

I always thought a cooling off period was 5 days. Shows what I know. :)

I notice Freel and Hatteberg aren't in the lineup again.

We're up 4-0. :thumbup:

OldXOhio
04-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Talk about playing over your head. I'm sorry, but that Cards lineup is WEAK.

Yep - probably the weakest we've seen in STL since before Big Mac arrived.

VR
04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Yep - probably the weakest we've seen in STL since before Big Mac arrived.

Duncan/Ankiel/Ludwick outfield is nearly as poor as Cincy defensively...wow.

RFS62
04-29-2008, 12:03 AM
I think they got the lineup wrong. Brooks Encarnacion playing third for the Reds tonight.

OnBaseMachine
04-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Big win tonight. Arroyo bounced back with a solid outing. If he can return to 2006-2007 form then this team could be very, very good.

Cueto vs Pineiro tomorrow and Harang vs Looper on Wednesday. Both matchups favor the Reds but if we win just one of those two I'll be happy.

Matt700wlw
04-29-2008, 12:08 AM
I feel a lot better in the past 3 days than I've felt in a while....I hope it keeps up!

reds44
04-29-2008, 12:10 AM
We really need to take these next 2 games and get to 14-15 heading to the ATL.

The offense still can't get out of it's own way, though. Jay Bruce, where art thou?

kaldaniels
04-29-2008, 12:35 AM
So does tonights outing make anyone feel any better about Arroyo. I've been of the opinion that the back of the baseball card doesn't lie and looking at 2006/2007 he's got the stats that merit being in the rotation.

That said...that was quite a struggle for the "least" quality start one can get. Georgie was talking up his fastball tonight but I still think it is lacking 2-3 mph? I brushed off his first few starts but now am officially "concerned". I'd rather have him skip a turn and be back at full strength...nothing groundbreaking on that idea I know.

Kc61
04-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Dusty -- Arroyo is much better than he's pitched this year. He knows how to pitch out of jams. He should be about a 4.00 ERA guy or therabouts.

But after about 100 pitches he often fades. Don't leave him in too long. Tonight was borderline.

fearofpopvol1
04-29-2008, 12:40 AM
So does tonights outing make anyone feel any better about Arroyo. I've been of the opinion that the back of the baseball card doesn't lie and looking at 2006/2007 he's got the stats that merit being in the rotation.

That said...that was quite a struggle for the "least" quality start one can get. Georgie was talking up his fastball tonight but I still think it is lacking 2-3 mph? I brushed off his first few starts but now am officially "concerned". I'd rather have him skip a turn and be back at full strength...nothing groundbreaking on that idea I know.

Infinitely better. He was hitting 91 tonight whereas the last few games, his velocity was topping at 87-88. He seemed to hit his spots better as well. We'll see if he maintains, but it looks a lot better now.

kaldaniels
04-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Infinitely better. He was hitting 91 tonight whereas the last few games, his velocity was topping at 87-88. He seemed to hit his spots better as well. We'll see if he maintains, but it looks a lot better now.

Well thats good to hear...I could swear Grande was raving on a 88 mph pitch. I did notice great snap on some of his curveballs. I agree he was better tonight than in previous starts...however had he not wiggled out of the bases loaded jam this place and talk radio would be rightfully in meltdown mode wanting him out of the rotation or on the DL.

VR
04-29-2008, 12:53 AM
So does tonights outing make anyone feel any better about Arroyo. I've been of the opinion that the back of the baseball card doesn't lie and looking at 2006/2007he's got the stats that merit being in the rotation.

He is striking out people at nearly k per inning rate....hopefully he hasn't fallen in love with the K trying to keep up with his fellow starters.

Caseyfan21
04-29-2008, 12:58 AM

I didn't watch much of the game but from the little I saw the biggest difference for Arroyo was his location. He seemed to do a very good job of keeping his breaking stuff down and away and when he missed he missed in places that favored him (i.e. low and outside instead of middle in).

Screwball
04-29-2008, 01:08 AM
I left chat early as it seemed to be more about TV shows and movies than baseball, so did anybody else wonder aloud why Dusty didn't pinch-run Hopper for Griffey in the 9th? I mean, Griffey did a great job working the walk to get on base, but after that it seemed the best move was to use Hopper's speed on the basepaths and better defense in right for the bottom of the 9th.

OnBaseMachine
04-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I left chat early as it seemed to be more about TV shows and movies than baseball, so did anybody else wonder aloud why Dusty didn't pinch-run Hopper for Griffey in the 9th? I mean, Griffey did a great job working the walk to get on base, but after that it seemed the best move was to use Hopper's speed on the basepaths and better defense in right for the bottom of the 9th.

Hopper is on the DL.;)

reds44
04-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Hopper is on the DL and Freel and Patterson had already been used. I would have pinch run with Hairston, though.

Screwball
04-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Hopper is on the DL and Freel and Patterson had already been used. I would have pinch run with Hairston, though.

Oh yeah, figured I forgot something. :)

Still, Hairston should've been used.

medford
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
2 things, Bronson looked much better last night. He hit 91 a couple of times that I saw, and even when he was hitting the mid to upper 80s, his fastball seemd to have more "bite" to it. Seemed much quicker than in starts past this season. As a scouting ignoramous (other than results and a general look at a guy) I found it interesting how often they were talking about Bronson staying back on the ball. His curve looked lethal at times last night. If the Reds saw that Bronson every start out the rest of the year, they'll contend for a wild card spot.

second, I thought for sure we were past George Grande raving about Edmunds during a Reds game. Sure he's put down the Edmunds man crush during non Reds - Cards games, but I thought for sure we wouldn't hear anything about Edmunds in this series or at least the very minimal. How wrong can one man be? I wonder how much "hi, hello, & welcome" bribed the producer to get that video montague in last nights telecast? I doubt Edmonds would make the hall of fame, but could you imagine what George would do as MC of that event if he still held the title during that time? Yesh, get over him already George.

flyer85
04-29-2008, 01:52 PM
why there was a highlight of Edmonds robbing Larue of a HR at GABP ... :rolleyes:

OldXOhio
04-29-2008, 02:07 PM
So does tonights outing make anyone feel any better about Arroyo.

Yes to some degree, but I have no expectations of BA beyond being a #4 who can get you 200 IP and 10 wins. If we can get 6 IP, 3 R type performances from him more often than not, I think we're in business in the central. The first half of the '06 season was an aberration IMO, just as his 7+ ERA is right now.

marcshoe
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
why there was a highlight of Edmonds robbing Larue of a HR at GABP ... :rolleyes:

Because Edmonds is a special player who will always be a Cardinal in our hearts. He practiced making those plays, and expected to make the absolutely impossible happen. Heck, if he had to run the wrong direction and then turn around, run back and dive just so he could make the routine into the spectacular, he did it all for us. And now that he's gone, if we don't show the old plays how will we get through the games? :p: