PDA

View Full Version : Are we turning it around?

smoke6
04-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Discuss...:beerme:

zakthemack
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Depends on what you mean by turning it around. I would be perfectly content with slightly less than Dusty's goal of 15 wins per month. Although, if they are able to get close to that in April, I think you have to give them a lot of credit. They keep it around 15 wins a month and they'll be there or there abouts for the playoffs. Is the offense coming around? Yeah, probably. BP had to start hitting at some point, Ed is on a streak, and I think Votto could end up being the best power hitter on the team by some margin. Pitching...I think we'll go back and forth all year. If the Reds get ten wins out of Arroyo given this start, it'd be an outstanding feat.

Biggin1985
04-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Well the hitting has for sure been showing some good signs, and with Harang, Volquez, Cueto, doing well and finally Bronson showing a glimpse of something good I think it could be considered turning it around. The bullpen is doing great and now with Coffey back down in the minors, that can only help. I try to like the guy as a player, but its hard to do. Anyway, I think things are beginning to look good, I know it has just been a 3 game winning streak but hey, you gotta start somewhere.

Newman4
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Arroyo's outing was a good sign. I think Homer will have to join the rotation and have similar results as Cueto for the Reds to hang in there. Belisle and Fogg are not acceptable. Jay Bruce will help.

UK Reds Fan
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
1. One of our hitters that was ice-cold to start the year is back to hitting in EdE.
2. Even though Dunn is taking his usual share of walks, hopefully he starts to warm up and that will get us a long way towards getting us back to our usual selves.
3. Can't hurt a bit that Bray is up and no Coffey in the pen as well.

The jury is still out on whether Freel can continue with his recent play. Arroyo will take another start or 2 of quality to show he is back. Hopefully Affeldt, Merker and Burton can keep up the good work.

Jefferson24
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
no