PDA

View Full Version : Who would you put in our OF?

tommycash
05-01-2008, 11:24 AM
It is obvious that some are wanting Griffey and Dunn out of Cincinnati. Also, it appears that Corey Patterson is not Mr. Popular around here either. I think most of us want Jay Bruce somewhere in the OF for the next 15 years, so here is my question. Who would you put with Bruce if you had your way? You can even stay with Dunn and Griffey if you want. Or would you put Votto in left, Bruce in right and look for a new center fielder and 1st base man? Personally, even though I argue against what we pay him, and I have ranted on his BA and RBIs, I really don't want to see Adam Dunn go. But if he does go, I would love Jason Bay in LF, Bruce in RF, and I like Grady Sizemore. I like Josh Hamilton too at CF (but that is beating a dead horse here on RedsZone). Let me know what you would do with the OF if you had your choice.

smoke6
05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
It is obvious that some are wanting Griffey and Dunn out of Cincinnati. Also, it appears that Corey Patterson is not Mr. Popular around here either. I think most of us want Jay Bruce somewhere in the OF for the next 15 years, so here is my question. Who would you put with Bruce if you had your way? You can even stay with Dunn and Griffey if you want. Or would you put Votto in left, Bruce in right and look for a new center fielder and 1st base man? Personally, even though I argue against what we pay him, and I have ranted on his BA and RBIs, I really don't want to see Adam Dunn go. But if he does go, I would love Jason Bay in LF, Bruce in RF, and I like Grady Sizemore. I like Josh Hamilton too at CF (but that is beating a dead horse here on RedsZone). Let me know what you would do with the OF if you had your choice.

How is it obvious to you that Dunn and Griff want out? I say Jay Bruce in CF. RF & LF are TBD.

Rounding Third
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
LF - Dunn
CF - ...
RF - Bruce

Centerfield I don't really know. I would love to have Jason Bay in right field with Bruce in center, I just don't think it would happen. I actually wouldn't mind Patterson playing centerfield...if he was batting 7th. Patterson provides solid defense in centerfield with pop in his bat. If used correctly in the 7 hole he is a welcome addition. However we already have somebody similar to him in the organization, Chris Dickerson. I would have rather seen him play CF and sit in the 7 hole.

Grounds_Crew
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Jay Bruce. He should be able to hold down the entie outfield, right?

tommycash
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
How is it obvious to you that Dunn and Griff want out? I say Jay Bruce in CF. RF & LF are TBD.

I didn't say they want out. I didn't say I want them out. I said some have said they want Griffey and Dunn out. Also, both are in contract years. Anyway this is a hypothetical post. So, cool your jets and reply with what your OF would look like in Cincinnnati if you had your way. I am just curious as to what everyone would want in the OF for years to come. If it ends up Griffey, Dunn, and Bruce that would be ok with me too.

Degenerate39
05-01-2008, 11:38 AM
As of right now I would have Dunn in Left, Bruce in Center, and Griff in right

Orodle
05-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Dunn, Hopper, Bruce

Jr. traded (I know it wont happen with him so close to 600 though)

smoke6
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I didn't say they want out. I didn't say I want them out. I said some have said they want Griffey and Dunn out. Also, both are in contract years. Anyway this is a hypothetical post. So, cool your jets and reply with what your OF would look like in Cincinnnati if you had your way. I am just curious as to what everyone would want in the OF for years to come. If it ends up Griffey, Dunn, and Bruce that would be ok with me too.

How is me asking a question taken as me getting fired up?

44Magnum
05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Bay in LF
Rickey Henderson in CF :)
Bruce in RF

smoke6
05-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Bay in LF
Rickey Henderson in CF :)
Bruce in RF

RICKEY HENDERSON IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER OF ALL TIME (LF'r by the way)!!!

bounty37h
05-01-2008, 02:16 PM
poop soup? Remind me to never accept an invite to your place for dinner :barf:

UK Reds Fan
05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I don't see why Freel in CF is such a bad thing. His bat is coming around after a poor year last year. He covers quite a bit of ground. Doesn't take best routes and not a strong arm...but I like Freel in CF...at best as a platoon man.

roby
05-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Vlad Guerrero is a free agent next year (I think). How about him in right, Jay Bruce in left, and... someone else in center?

Rounding Third
05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Vlad Guerrero is a free agent next year (I think). How about him in right, Jay Bruce in left, and... someone else in center?

Yeah he won't cost much.

roby
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah he won't cost much.

You get what you pay for. Would you rather have Corey Patterson, Ryan Freel and Norris Hopper??? Besides, if Griffey and Dunn are off the books, that would go a long way towards Vlad's paycheck.

Isn't it about time we get out of the Lindner/Allen mentality?

Nasty_Boy
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't think I would trust Vlad's knee's in the OF for a full season. He can swing it but he looks like he's always in pain.

Orodle
05-02-2008, 02:22 AM
thats assuming Vlady even wants to come to Cincy

He got it!
05-02-2008, 07:24 AM
I would like to see...

LF - Adam Dunn
CF - Ryan Freel
RF - Jay Bruce

Hey, this is just a pulled hamstring away from happening. :D

Newman4
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
RICKEY HENDERSON IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER OF ALL TIME (LF'r by the way)!!!

Rickey's autobiography "Man of Steel" is one of the three books that I have read that do not have colorful pictures on every page.

chettt
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
First of all, I was totally shocked when Hamilton was traded (beating that dead horse again). I believe that both Dunn & Griffey will be gone. I could live with an outfield of Jason Bay, Jay Bruce & Ryan Freel/Norris Hopper combo. Corey Patterson.......PLEASE ! Give me a break!!!!!!! A Bay, Bruce & Hamilton outfield would of been great (there I go again). Catcher......now that's another story??????