PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Beckham on ESPNU Now

Edd Roush
05-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Flippin' through the channels today and I stopped on ESPNU. Gordon Beckham's Georgia Bulldogs are playing Ole Miss right now on ESPN U. In Beckham's first at bat, he took two balls before breaking his aluminum bat lining out to the right fielder.

Just looked at some of his college stats and I see that he is hitting very well this season .425 BA, .537 OBP, .891 SLG and for those who like counting stats, Beckham has hit an NCAA leading 21 home runs. He looks pretty legit, I'd love to take him with our first round pick.

TOBTTReds
05-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Missed a jack by about 1 foot in his 5th inning AB. It's 350 down the LF line at his home park too.

OnBaseMachine
05-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I agree with ya. I would thrilled if Beckham fell to the Reds and they drafted him. He's got above average range so he'll stick at SS. But it's his bat that makes him so special. He could be another Troy Tulowitzki (though not as good defensively) and should move quickly. Buckley likes to draft up the middle players so look for him to draft Beckham if he falls to #7.

Edd Roush
05-03-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree with ya. I would thrilled if Beckham fell to the Reds and they drafted him. He's got above average range so he'll stick at SS. But it's his bat that makes him so special. He could be another Troy Tulowitzki (though not as good defensively) and should move quickly. Buckley likes to draft up the middle players so look for him to draft Beckham if he falls to #7.

Let's hope the Reds take him if he falls to 7, Beckham looks like he could be a tremendous player. Although, it could lead to many Reds' fans answering the eternal question of "I thought Beckham played soccer?"

Screwball
05-04-2008, 02:50 AM
FWIW, Sickels' website has us taking G. Beckham with our first pick in his mock draft (which is done via reader voting).

TOBTTReds
05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
GBeckham hit a HR today...his teammate closer, Josh Fields gave up 1 ER. So what, right? Well it was his first ER of the season allowed in his 24.1 ip. His line so far this year:
24.1 ip, 6 h, 1 er, 44 k, 14 bb, .076 avg, 0.37 ERA