Brandon Phillips 2B
Joey Votto 1B
Edwin Encarnacion 3B
Adam Dunn LF
Jeff Keppinger SS
Paul Bako C
Bronson Arroyo P

v. LH Tom Glavine

"The Reds' problem -- well, one of their problems -- has been getting that big two-out hit. They are hitting .125 with runners in scoring position and two outs. That is the worst in the baseball. The New York Mets, at .171, are the second worst.

The guys who have been No. 3, 4 and 5 in the order most of the year are 1-for-22. Griffey is 0-for-4, Phillips is 1-for-12, Dunn is 0-for-6. I don't have the breakdown on everyone in baseball. But look at the Braves: Chipper Jones is 1-for-9, Mark Teixeira is 3-for-16 and Brian McCann is 2-for-18.

With runners in scoring position overall, the Reds are hitting .260. That's 17th in baseball."

Source: John Fay

*BaseClogger*
05-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Haven't been around the RZ much this weekend--can someone explain to me why Griffey #2 is sane?

Spring~Fields
05-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Haven't been around the RZ much this weekend--can someone explain to me why Griffey #2 is sane?

One guys explanation below:

“Cincinnati (12-19) averaged 4.8 runs per game in 2007, but has managed only 4.0 thus far under first-year manager Dusty Baker. Baker tried to shake things up on Saturday, shuffling the lineup by moving Ken Griffey Jr. to the No. 2 spot in the batting order for the first time since May 3, 2005.

“I’m not crazy about changing the lineup,” Baker said before the game. “I’m trying to find something that will work for a long period of time.”

After the Reds managed only four hits while getting routed 9-1, Baker realized more changes might be in order.

“You juggle, you still get the same amount,” he told the Reds’ official Web site. “We have to score some runs.”
Baker’s club has totaled five runs while batting .154 during its four-game losing streak, and is in danger of matching its season-high five-game skid, set April 11-16”
Source: DAN PIERINGER, STATS Writer, Yahoo

Screwball
05-04-2008, 12:32 PM
The guys who have been No. 3, 4 and 5 in the order most of the year are 1-for-22. Griffey is 0-for-4, Phillips is 1-for-12, Dunn is 0-for-6.

Time to send 'em all packing or whatever.

Spring~Fields
05-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Time to send 'em all packing or whatever.

Those names (Griffey, Phillips, Dunn) look familiar from past seasons in similiar situations during trying times for the Reds. Perhaps it is time for Walt Jocketty to consider finding players who can reverse those types of outcomes at higher percentage of time.

sonny
05-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Ryan Freel CF
Ken Griffey Jr. RF
Brandon Phillips 2B
Joey Votto 1B
Edwin Encarnacion 3B
Adam Dunn LF
Jeff Keppinger SS
Paul Bako C
Bronson Arroyo P

Yeah, this will score runs.

:confused:

Tommyjohn25
05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, this will score runs.

:confused:

What will?? :dunno:

*BaseClogger*
05-04-2008, 12:51 PM
So... Baker's explanation is basically "juggle"? :confused:

He has no idea what he is doing. No actual critical thinking going on inside that head...

membengal
05-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Either they will start hitting, or they won't. I don't mind Dusty's attempt to shake them into life by trying different things.

*BaseClogger*
05-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Either they will start hitting, or they won't. I don't mind Dusty's attempt to shake them into life by trying different things.

random things like "juggle"?

membengal
05-04-2008, 12:54 PM
If Dunn, Phillip, and Jr. don't start hitting, it won't matter where he slots them. Juggle or not.

Heath
05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Those names (Griffey, Phillips, Dunn) look familiar from past seasons in similiar situations during trying times for the Reds. Perhaps it is time for Walt Jocketty to consider finding players who can reverse those types of outcomes at higher percentage of time.

And those players that Jocketty needs to find, IYO, are just found on a shelf at your local "Baseball Players-R-Us" stores, right?

:rolleyes:

Spring~Fields
05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
And those players that Jocketty needs to find, IYO, are just found on a shelf at your local "Baseball Players-R-Us" stores, right?

:rolleyes:

Those are you words.

And You have the audacity to doubt my veracity and to insinuate that I am challenged?

Speak for yourself.

Which part of the following is implausible ? For a seasoned GM with a history of success?

"Perhaps it is time for Walt Jocketty to consider finding players who can reverse"

Your tone is what I have written GIK about regarding mods and their leadership setting the tone on RZ. Of course you know that, so you take the shot right? Retribution ?

By the way, what are your solutions for the Reds and improving this board, speakup, Heath.

OldXOhio
05-04-2008, 01:17 PM
can someone explain to me why Griffey #2 is sane?

The answer is no.

Now switch Dunn and Junior in the order and you have something.

Chip R
05-04-2008, 01:24 PM

I agree. At least he's trying different things.

Heath
05-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Those are you words.

And You have the audacity to doubt my veracity and to insinuate that I am challenged?

Speak for yourself.

Which part of the following is implausible ? For a seasoned GM with a history of success?

"Perhaps it is time for Walt Jocketty to consider finding players who can reverse"

Your tone is what I have written GIK about regarding mods and their leadership setting the tone on RZ. Of course you know that, so you take the shot right? Retribution ?

By the way, what are your solutions for the Reds and improving this board, speakup, Heath.

No, your words were the following -

Perhaps it is time for Walt Jocketty to consider finding players who can reverse those types of outcomes at higher percentage of time.

Which insinuated the fact you think the only way to improve the team is via trade. To which I replied -

I'll admit it was snarky. But, your opinion wasn't fully complete. What if Jocketty makes those moves, and resounding players are less than a guy who carries a 40/120/.890 career average, a bonafide, albiet on his downside, Hall of Famer, & and a guy discarded from one organization who has had 2 very good to superb years. That's 3/4 of your offense, and if the rest of the people aren't up to expectations, now who is your target?

And this thread is not your playground to take a shot at me or the rest of the moderator staff. If you have a problem with me, you obviously know where a PM button is, use it. My name is pretty easily found on this board. Also, to insuate that GIK shares his personal messages with me is unfounded and uncalled for. If it's a matter of importance that GIK shares your concern with us, we'll hear about it.

Spring~Fields
05-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I'll admit it was snarky. But, your opinion wasn't fully complete.

Thank you, I appreciate honesty. It goes beyond snarky. Don't back track now.

Simply an opinion, what is complete about any opinion, in that they are subjective and apply situationally?

I am sorry that you errored in infering that I meant anything more than Jocketty might consider finding better player resources for this team. Nowhere did I suggest how, when or where, you took that upon yourself.

I look forward to your proactive writings and comments, while taking risk, some personal risk of your own, espousing your views and opinions on improving the Reds and leading the way in creating a pleasant environment in which to exchange thoughts and ideas on Redszone and less of a waiting for another to write something less than perfect, sitting in wait to take a blindsided, backdoor shot, something a lot more constructive, please.

Heath
05-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I look forward to your proactive writing's and comments, while taking risk some personal risk of your own, espousing your views and opinions on improving the Reds and leading the way in creating a pleasant environment in which to exchange thoughts and ideas on Redszone and less of waiting for another to write something less than perfect, setting in waite to take a blindsided, backdoor shot, something a lot more constructive please.

I'll be waiting for you to do the same. See you around.

flyer85
05-04-2008, 02:26 PM
it worked so well yesterday

Spring~Fields
05-04-2008, 04:28 PM
it worked so well yesterday

The higher OBP players producing again today,

OBP Produced through 7
R. Freel OBP .344, 2 hits, 1 BB, 1 RBI
K. Griffey Jr. OBP .323, 0 through 7
B. Phillips OBP .317 2 hits, 1 run
J. Votto OBP .333 1 hit, 2 BB, 1 run
E. Encarnacion OBP .369 2 BB, 1 run
A. Dunn .371 2 hits, 2 RBI, 1 run
J. Keppinger .346 1 hit, 1 RBI
P. Bako OBP .373 2 hits, 1 RBI, 2 run

While some of the higher ERA pitchers on the staff negated the lineup and OBP so far.

Arroyo - 7 hits, 7 runs, 7 earned runs, 1 BB, 1 HR, 8.63 ERA
Fogg - 6 hits, 5 runs, 5 earned runs, 2 BB, 3 SO, 9.27 ERA