PDA

View Full Version : My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV.

44Magnum
05-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I look forward to watching Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bailey and Bruce. Assuming Bailey and Bruce get called up. That's about it. The rest is pretty hard to watch. I love the Reds, but it's painful to watch what's going on right now.

I(heart)Freel
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
The JTM commercials add to the pain, too.

But watching Kepp hit is fun. There is a nucleas here that is easy to root for. Is it wrong to hope they dismantle the club (ie shed the vets, except for Harang and Cordero, of course) and make it the Central version of the Baby-backs? I could root for "young with growing pains" right now MUCH easier than this version of the club.

ChatterRed
05-05-2008, 12:48 PM
"My reasons for still watching the Reds on TV"?

Uh.......it helps put you to sleep?

44Magnum
05-05-2008, 01:18 PM

But watching Kepp hit is fun. There is a nucleas here that is easy to root for. Is it wrong to hope they dismantle the club (ie shed the vets, except for Harang and Cordero, of course) and make it the Central version of the Baby-backs? I could root for "young with growing pains" right now MUCH easier than this version of the club.

Yeah, I still like a lot of the current Reds, but it's not enough to keep me watching regularly with everything I have going on (kids, etc.).

Degenerate39
05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
There's nothing else on TV and I love the Reds. Those reasons come to mind for me.

thorn
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
I look forward to watching Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bailey and Bruce. Assuming Bailey and Bruce get called up. That's about it. The rest is pretty hard to watch. I love the Reds, but it's painful to watch what's going on right now.

I'd add Harang, Phillips and EE to this as well. Harang is one of the best in baseball (Top 10) and I enjoy watching him pitch.

bubbachunk
05-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Watching Edwin is still fun to me because he still has leaps and bounds of potential at 25

smoke6
05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Watching Edwin is still fun to me because he still has leaps and bounds of potential at 25

Watching Edwin is fun for me because he looks like he is playing Little League 47.2% of the time.

AccordinglyReds
05-05-2008, 04:20 PM
I may go to the game on Wednesday because....Volquez is pitching. If he weren't I probably wouldn't be thinking about it. lol

Edit: I bought the tickets online surprisingly. I figured the student discount would only be applicable at the stadium, but that's not the case. Three rows behind Dunn in LF for $9.50. That's pretty good. :)

ChatterRed
05-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Only game I've been to, Volquez pitched.......and pitched well. I believe we won 8-1 or something like that. It was on a Tuesday night.

TheBigLebowski
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I paid 250.00 for the right to watch the Reds this year.

Jharb74
05-05-2008, 05:35 PM

Wow. I guess the big question is, would you rather pay that money to watch them lose regularly or a one time shot, at GAPB in the Diamond seats, where you can watch them lose in person?

KySteveH
05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I watch just to see how Amy and Erin are doing. I feel like I've watched those two grow up.

Nuxhall41
05-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Is it wrong to hope they dismantle the club (ie shed the vets, except for Harang and Cordero, of course) and make it the Central version of the Baby-backs?

Not at all. This is just brutal. This team has no confidence, chemistry or energy. It's only the first week of May and I've already lost almost all interest.

Mutaman
05-06-2008, 09:47 PM

I only paid $150.00. I have hesitatted to do it in the past because I knew if I did the team would play terribly and what could have been a joy would become a miserable experience. Guess what-- I was right!::(

jmac
05-06-2008, 10:27 PM

There sint too much to dismantle as far as vets vs youngsters.
The reds are relatively young.
Kepp,EE,Votto,BP are young and the IF.
Harang( as long as we wanted a #1, do not trade him), Cueto,Volquez in the rotation.
Guess just sayin there isnt a bunch that needs dismantling.

I(heart)Freel
05-06-2008, 10:37 PM
There sint too much to dismantle as far as vets vs youngsters.
The reds are relatively young.
Kepp,EE,Votto,BP are young and the IF.
Harang( as long as we wanted a #1, do not trade him), Cueto,Volquez in the rotation.
Guess just sayin there isnt a bunch that needs dismantling.

Junior.
Dunn.
Hatteberg.
Freel.
Patterson.
Ross.
Valentin.
Bako.
AGon.
Weathers.
Mercker.
Fogg.
Arroyo.

By no means am I saying that the club should shed all these... but I did want to start a list to show that the Reds indeed have some longtooths.

Anyone not on this list (plus Bailey and Bruce) would be my nucleus.

Sadly, in an example of how a free market works, few on this list would actually fetch us anything of worth.

Maldez
05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I .... The rest is pretty hard to watch. I love the Reds, but it's painful to watch what's going on right now.

That about sums it up. I can only watch for brief periods at a time.

jmac
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Junior.
Dunn.
Hatteberg.
Freel.
Patterson.
Ross.
Valentin.
Bako.
AGon.
Weathers.
Mercker.
Fogg.
Arroyo.

By no means am I saying that the club should shed all these... but I did want to start a list to show that the Reds indeed have some longtooths.

Anyone not on this list (plus Bailey and Bruce) would be my nucleus.

Sadly, in an example of how a free market works, few on this list would actually fetch us anything of worth.
True. Just saying we have a fairly good nucleus and you said throw in Bailey/Bruce and we are onto something.
Of course this team needs a few big parts offensively even with the guys we mentioned.
Now just an example, but say the reds let Dunn/Jr go and sign Texiera.
Texiera in the middle of Bruce/EE/Votto(in LF) sounds good. Just using Tex as an example but speaking of a bat like his.

Nuxhall41
05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Three HRs in the 2nd of the 12:30 game. Naturally, they only hit, pitch and play well when I can't watch the game.

Nuxhall41
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Make it FOUR... and Volquez is on the mound... and we can't watch it. Naturally. :)

Nuxhall41
05-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Nuxhall41
05-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Nuxhall41
05-07-2008, 02:39 PM
LOL #7... #3 for Votto.

They won't hit 7 HRs in the next 10 telecasts.