PDA

View Full Version : Arroyo for Willits (trade speculation)

Grande Donkey
05-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Would you trade Arroyo for Reggie Willits straight up? I would.

NDReds9
05-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Moron.

A month from now when Bronson is back to giving us 7IP 3ER per game, you'll agree that he shouldn't have been traded.

Besides, don't we have enough lite hitting outfielders?

bounty37h
05-06-2008, 10:47 AM
ND, no need to call someone a name simply cause you dont agree with them. Geez, what a moron :)

TheBigLebowski
05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Moron.

A month from now when Bronson is back to giving us 7IP 3ER per game, you'll agree that he shouldn't have been traded.

Besides, don't we have enough lite hitting outfielders?

What a silly reply. Ad hominem attacks necessary?

Jr's Boy
05-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I like Reggie Willits,however he cant give the Reds a 100 + innings a season.Bronson is having some trouble this season,and a lot of people are down on him.Fans should be down on the Reds bullpen last year for forcing him to throw so much,not to mention blowing several gems he pitched as well then.He'll work it out.

DTCromer
05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Arroyo's value can't be any lower now. Why not keep him and see if he can turn things around?

UC_Ken
05-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Arroyo's value can't be any lower now. Why not keep him and see if he can turn things around?

I'm not a proponent of trading Arroyo because I think he'll rebound and be the 225 IP workhorse he has been the last few years but the reason you'd trade him now would be that if his struggles continue or get worse the contract would be untradeable.

HalMorrisRules
05-06-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm not a proponent of trading Arroyo because I think he'll rebound and be the 225 IP workhorse he has been the last few years but the reason you'd trade him now would be that if his struggles continue or get worse the contract would be untradeable.

I think the 1-4 record and 8+ ERA, in addition to his salary, would make him nigh untradeable now.

Orodle
05-06-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm sure teams are lined up for Arroyo at the moment ;)

Jefferson24
05-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Because if you keep running him out there you don't give the Reds much of a chance at a win.

Nasty_Boy
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I love that everyone wants to trade the players that are struggling. What should be happening is the front office should look for guys who suddenly spike in production later in their careers and move them while their value is high.

ARED4LIFE
05-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Arroyo could turn it around, id give him a chance its hard to find pitching, DUNN is the one i would trade like yesterday !!!!!!!!!

NarrowStairs
05-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Arroyo will turn it around because he is an intelligent pitcher. He isn't one of these throwers that relies solely on his stuff to get him by. Arroyo knows how to pitch, and he's just in a rut. He'll get himself untracked.

mlbfan30
05-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Arroyo will turn it around because he is an intelligent pitcher. He isn't one of these throwers that relies solely on his stuff to get him by. Arroyo knows how to pitch, and he's just in a rut. He'll get himself untracked.

When a "thrower" struggles they can become a "pitcher"

When a "pitcher" struggles then there is no lower step. There's nothing he can do physically that would improve his pure stuff. Nothing he can do mentally assuming he knows how to pitch already.

The big problem is that hitters have seen him multiple times now, and he's probably very predictable. He doesnt have any pitch that can overpower a hitter when he's in trouble, so they foul it off until they get a hit.

ChatterRed
05-08-2008, 06:54 AM
I think the 1-4 record and 8+ ERA, in addition to his salary, would make him nigh untradeable now.

More reason to trade all of our good players who are doing well right now. Their trade value is really high. Let's trade Volquez and Cueto! Harang! Votto! Phillips!!!! ;)

GoReds33
05-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Another outfielder is last on my list of needs. If I make a trade that involves Arroyo, or somebody like that, I'd like to get a pitcher or catcher in return.

Va Red Fan
05-08-2008, 03:09 PM
No need for a player we alrady have on the team - Freel, Hopper and Patterson. Have some patience.

krm1580
05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Reggie Willits? I think we already have tremendous depth in the "speedy outfielder with no discernable power" category with Ryan Freel and Norris Hopper.

Grande Donkey
05-08-2008, 07:39 PM
No need for a player we alrady have on the team - Freel, Hopper and Patterson. Have some patience.

Reggie Willits? I think we already have tremendous depth in the "speedy outfielder with no discernable power" category with Ryan Freel and Norris Hopper.But we have no lead off hitter. Willits would be a tremendous leadoff guy.