PDA

View Full Version : Stubhub.com

FutureRedsGM
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I have 2 extra tickets for next Saturday's game against the Indians (Brandon Phillips Bobblehead Day). They are decent seats (section 134, Row AA) and face value was around $50. My question for you all:

Does anyone have experience with Stubhub? What are your opinions? Are their any consequences to be concerned with when selling for above face value (scalping) through them? What about eBay?

Chip R
05-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I got Red Sox tickets from them last year. Didn't have any problems.

redsmetz
05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Good chance for me to remind folks I've got three tickets for each game against the Indians that I have to sell. It's my daughter's graduation and I'll be out of town. I paid around $24.00 each and I will sell the games individually. They are in Section 531.

I've got them up on Craigslist right now, but someone can PM to buy them directly.

vaticanplum
05-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I have 2 extra tickets for next Saturday's game against the Indians (Brandon Phillips Bobblehead Day). They are decent seats (section 134, Row AA) and face value was around $50. My question for you all:

Does anyone have experience with Stubhub? What are your opinions? Are their any consequences to be concerned with when selling for above face value (scalping) through them? What about eBay?

I've used Stub Hub with no problems, but only as a buyer, not a seller.

I use "alternative outlets" for ticket buying a lot. If I were looking for tickets and thought I could get them from a scalper near the park, I'd use that avenue way before Stub Hub because it's a lot cheaper. That leads me to believe that from the selling end you'll be much better off using Stub Hub than anything else. Although I don't know how much they take off in terms of fees for use...but it is at least a legit outlet. If they had run into "scalping" problems, they'd have been shut down long before now...it's a well-known and highly trafficked website.

Craigslist is good because there's no fee to use it, but craigslist in Cincinnati is not terribly active and I don't know that you'll get a real bang for your buck there.

dabvu2498
05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Craigslist is good because there's no fee to use it, but craigslist in Cincinnati is not terribly active and I don't know that you'll get a real bang for your buck there.

I sold some Bengals tix on craigs last year with ease.

Team Clark
05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I have purchased 3 pairs of concert tickets and some really good seats for NBA games through Stubhub. Never an issue. Ticketsnow.com is another story.

jimbo
05-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I've both bought and sold through StubHub without any issues whatsoever. No consequences with how much you want to sell them for. I'd recommend it over Ebay because it is much more secure, you never have to deal with the customer, no fees if your tickets do not sell, and they make shipping them very easy.

GIK
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I've purchased from stubhub in the past with zero problems.

rotnoid
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I've purchased from stubhub in the past with zero problems.

I'll second that. Sold there too. No issues, but they do charge a flat 15%, just know that.

While we're on the subject, I've got 2 seats in section 410 for each of the Red Sox games. I'm in a wedding that weekend and can't go. I'll sell them for what I've got in them. PM if interested.

paintmered
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I've sold some seats on there. The process is simple and straightforward.

redsfan30
05-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I sold through Stubhub last year and it was extremely easy. I just bought from them last night for the first time and so far it seems just as easy.

mole44
05-08-2008, 08:11 PM

i'll take em ;)

mole44
05-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I just saw on reds.com in the tickets section, there is a link to stubhub. So that says something. Pretty sure its owned be ebay too, which is good.