PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

Moosie52
05-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Does anyone else with an XM Radio have this problem? I'm sitting here listening to the baseball game on channel 183, and all of a sudden I get slammed over to Channel 1. This has happened five times today. What a nuisance.

05-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I have had that happen, but not nearly as frequently as that. Maybe once or twice a week. It's from a satellite so it's easy for things like that to happen.
Still I would contact XM and see if there is a problem with your radio or antenna.

FlyingPig
05-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I have an XM Inno, and have never had that problem. (so far)

I highly recommend the Inno..I am a marathoner and it goes with me when I'm on training runs.

Dibble and Kennedy have a great talk show in the afternoons on HomePlate 175.

redsfanfalcon
05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I just bought an Inno on ebay and the car kit. I would recommend it also. I had that problem with it going to XM channel 1 when I first activated my radio, but come to find out, I had a bad radio. Pioneer sent me a new one. Hope this isn't the case with yours.

Moosie52
05-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Well, if it is the radio, it's still under warranty. I'll contact Pioneer. Thanks.

goreds2
05-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Adjust your antenna.

gilpdawg
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Adjust your antenna.
Yes, normally that happens if you lose signal for a spell. It always kicks me to channel 1 when I stop at a certain gas station under the awning.

Nasty_Boy
05-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I've got XM factory in my car... I've never had that problem. I may lose signal if I'm in town or going through a drive thru but I've never had it change channels.

Moosie52
05-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I contacted XM, and they told me to refresh my radio. I have to go to the website, then they will reactivate me. I'll try that this weekend.

goreds2
05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
I contacted XM, and they told me to refresh my radio. I have to go to the website, then they will reactivate me. I'll try that this weekend.

It is simple to refresh. Go to this LINK:

http://www.xmradio.com/refresh/index.xmc

Let us know if it works.

redsfanfalcon
05-09-2008, 09:40 PM

I did that several times before I ended up having to contact Pioneer and sending it back due to a bad radio. Hope that's all it is.

goreds2
05-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Does anyone else with an XM Radio have this problem? I'm sitting here listening to the baseball game on channel 183, and all of a sudden I get slammed over to Channel 1. This has happened five times today. What a nuisance.

This happened to me this morning. As I stated in a previous post, I just had to adjust the antenna. I hope your new device gives you better luck.

New York Redfan
05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
I have the Inno and it goes back to channel 1 everytime I lose the signal. I think it's normal. It is annoying though. Sometimes I find myself listening to the preview channel for 10 minutes before I realize that I had switched.

goreds2
10-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Has any XMer's gotten the BEST OF SIRIUS package? ($4 extra a month) I am liking the PlayBoy and NFL Channel.

http://www.xmradio.com/bestofsirius/index.xmc?utm_source=ESABOSUPFRONTURLECAR&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=BOSUPSELL

fadetoblack2880
10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Has any XMer's gotten the BEST OF SIRIUS package? ($4 extra a month) I am liking the PlayBoy and NFL Channel.

http://www.xmradio.com/bestofsirius/index.xmc?utm_source=ESABOSUPFRONTURLECAR&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=BOSUPSELL

i added it yesterday, but i doubt i'll listen to it much. xm had everything i enjoy before sirius came along.

Jefferson24
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I have never had that happen and I park in my garage at night. Each morning it just reacquires the station it was last on. My radio is built in from the factory, maybe that's the difference.