PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod not clutch, so says his wife

dabvu2498
05-08-2008, 11:14 AM
NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez passed out during the birth of his first daughter, the defending American League Most Valuable Player's wife revealed in a conversation taped for the YES Network program "Yesterdays."
In the episode, scheduled to be broadcast on Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET, Cynthia Rodriguez recalls how the 11-time All-Star didn't come up quite so clutch on Nov. 18, 2004, when Natasha Alexander Rodriguez was delivered into the world.

"As tough and big as he seems, he is real wimpy around doctors or any type of medical situation," Cynthia Rodriguez said. "I was, like, not even having a baby; he was the one. The one nurse had a cold cloth on his head, the other nurse had the blood pressure on his arm and my mother was like rubbing his back -- and he is passed out on a couch.

"And I am there, in the middle of labor, and really, I am not being paid much attention to besides the doctor and a couple of nurses. And he is there, moaning. In between pushing, I am going, 'Honey, are you OK?' And are you breathing? Are you OK?'"

More interview with C-Rod available: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080506&content_id=2650438&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Unassisted
05-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't blame him one bit. The sights, sounds and smells of the delivery room are not for the squeamish.

Razor Shines
05-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I was on the airplane watching Jim Rome is Burning and I only caught the end of what he was saying because the Captain was running his trap about something. Anyway, the way Jim was talking I was expecting a lot more from the article than that. All I heard was "so according to his wife A-Rod hopes he doesn't come to bat up in a close game in the 9th and hopes the ball doesn't get hit to him, thanks C-Rod." And he probably threw a "phenomenal" in there somewhere.

dabvu2498
05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I was on the airplane watching Jim Rome is Burning and I only caught the end of what he was saying because the Captain was running his trap about something. Anyway, the way Jim was talking I was expecting a lot more from the article than that. All I heard was "so according to his wife A-Rod hopes he doesn't come to bat up in a close game in the 9th and hopes the ball doesn't get hit to him, thanks C-Rod." And he probably threw a "phenomenal" in there somewhere.

In the clip I saw yesterday, C-rod also said that she could hardly wake him up when it was "time" and that his initial reaction was "can't you call your mother?"

MrCinatit
05-08-2008, 02:22 PM
When I saw the headline, I thought perhaps A-Rod was having some performance issues during conception.

REDREAD
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I never understand why men pass out during childbirth. It's really not that big of a deal (for the man, just standing there and watching). No disrespect to anyone here that feels they were permanently traumatized by watching a birth :lol: I've met people that actually claimed that.