PDA

View Full Version : A bit of inside info on Fay's blog...

_Sir_Charles_
05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I have no clue how accurate it is though. The poster's name is "bolero".

"On Monday of this week, I commented that Bray was sent to AAA because the BATS were playing in the town near where he grew us and has family (Virginia Beach). I went to the BATS game today. After the game, Bray was informed he would be headed to New York to rejoin the Reds for tomorrows game. I don't know who is being sent down, or put or the DL."

If true, any idea who's going down or on the DL? Or possibly a trade in the works?

steig
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Doesn't he have to stay down for at least 10 days

GoReds33
05-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Doesn't he have to stay down for at least 10 daysYes, unless they put somebody on the DL.

_Sir_Charles_
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, Brandon Phillips did come out the last game with that calf bruise. Hopefully it's not that though.

MasonBuzz3
05-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Yes, unless they put somebody on the DL.

Arroyo? perhaps

Slyder
05-08-2008, 11:16 PM
oh gah that means Fogg would go back in to the rotation.

malcontent
05-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Ross?

Nasty_Boy
05-08-2008, 11:52 PM
With the off day they could bring Cueto back Saturday and Harang Sunday.

jnwohio
05-09-2008, 12:28 AM
I think a pitcher would have to be DLed for Bray to come back sooner than 10 days as a result of a DL move. Seems to me the Reds had a situation in the last couple of years where they wanted to bring back a guy in less than 10 days to fill a spot created by a DL move and they couldn't because either the guy was a pitcher and the DLed person was a position player or vice versa.

I am not sure if the 10 day rule can be waived if you trade somebody off of your 25 man MLB roster and do not get somebody from the other team's 25 man MLB roster.

If the 10 day rule can be waived because of a trade, that seems a more likely propsect to me than a DL move involving a pitcher (unless somebody showed up for the flight to NYC hurt, sick or needing to go onto bereavement etc). I understand the ethics considerations of the beat reporters not travelling with the team party; but in these situations of an off day in front of a travel day or an off day following a travel day, lots of little things seem to slip through unnoticed until the reporters pick back up on pregame routine the next game day.

If Arroyo goes DL, I can't believe they wouldn't just bring Bailey up and drop him into the slot. Saturday is his next natural day to start anyway. His option is already in use for this year. They can move him up and down all they want with no impact on that.

shredda2000
05-09-2008, 12:58 PM
apparently, it was Mercker...

I(heart)Freel
05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Gotta admit... I was cynical of this tip. But sure enough...

Now see what other inside scoop this guy can provide!