Corey Patterson, CF
Joey Votto, 1B
Edwin Encarnacion, 3B
Adam Dunn, LF
Jeff Keppinger, SS
Paul Bako, C
Matt Belisle, RHP

v. RH Mike Pelfrey

Patterson in the 3 hole.... Just when I think they can't get any worse.

That being said they'll probably put up 12 tonight.

mlbfan30
05-09-2008, 07:00 PM
If we switched 1-8 with 8-1 it would be a MUCH better lineup.

Paul Bako, C
Jeff Keppinger, SS
Adam Dunn, LF
Edwin Encarnacion, 3B
Joey Votto, 1B
Corey Patterson, CF
Ryan Freel, RF
Jerry Hairston Jr. 2B

mroby85
05-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm a big Dusty supporter, but this lineup is ridiculous. one of the dumbest things i've ever seen.

CRedsLarkin11
05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I heard Welsh say it a few minutes ago, Patterson shouldn't be batting 3rd for anyone but the Giants

gilpdawg
05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Better than in the leadoff spot, although it would be better to have him not in the lineup at all.

captainmorgan07
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
That is a serious suprise. Patterson has been accustomed to hitting towards the middle of the order in his career so this might give him alil spark. No Jr. or Phillips Dusty had to do something. Votto has been hitting well in the 4 spot and dunn has been starting to pick it up 6th spot

He got it!
05-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Any body have an estimated time for first pitch?

texasdave
05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Dusty Baker with his lineups is starting to remind to me of Marvin Lewis with his draft choices. I think both want to show everyone that they are just a little bit smarter than the rest of us by doing exactly what noone in their right mind would do. Either that or, just for fun, he drew names out of a hat for tonight.

GoReds33
05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Why do you take Griffey out when you face a righty? That doesn't make sense. All of Griffey and Dunn's off days should be when there is a lefty on the mound.

CWRed
05-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Griffey was a late scratch. But anyone that defends this lineup is as incompetent as Dusty Baker. This alone should get him fired. He'll probably say he's trying to get CP jump started. Um ok. So leave Dunn and Kepp at the bottom. Real smart. Dusty HAS to go. Can you imagine what the players were thinking when they saw the lineup? Hairston and CP should batting last.

And yes they will probably score 12 tonight. Honestly, who couldn't hit ok in the 3-hole. I think CP could even hit .220 there.

:thumbdown

05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
What I don't understand is that all the stat guys from Bill James to Baseball Prospectus, constantly say that lineups don't matter that much, and yet it is mostly stat guys who complain about lineups.
Decisions on lineups are made for many reasons. I think it is a move in the right direction to have Patterson hitting anywhere but first.
Pelfrey get destroyed by lefties, so it's either Patterson or Dunn (or Bako) in the third slot. Personally I'd switch Patterson and Dunn, but just glad he is out of the leadoff spot.
Also Captainmorgan has a point. Maybe Dusty wants to see if Patterson could start swinging like a slugger again, since that is when he had his most success, both in his past and early this year.

And remember that Griffey and Phillips came out late, I think the first version of this lineup I saw had both of them in it. When guys drop out of the lineup at the last minute, strange lineups usually occur.

Doesn't look like they'll get a chance to play anyway.

mroby85
05-09-2008, 08:05 PM
hallelujah, its been ppd. maybe tomorrow will get us a better lineup, lol.

Orodle
05-09-2008, 10:46 PM
If we switched 1-8 with 8-1 it would be a MUCH better lineup.

Paul Bako, C
Jeff Keppinger, SS
Adam Dunn, LF
Edwin Encarnacion, 3B
Joey Votto, 1B
Corey Patterson, CF
Ryan Freel, RF
Jerry Hairston Jr. 2B

True dat

Slyder
05-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Get well immediately Griffey. Even with his faults and age Griffey>>>>>>>>Patterson.

bgwilly31
05-10-2008, 10:57 AM
This lineup with belisle on the mound, and in new york. :(

Ghosts of 1990
05-10-2008, 01:24 PM
The lineup for today, (saturday) isn't much better. That bum Patterson against Santana but no Adam Dunn?

Wow, just wow.

Kingspoint
05-10-2008, 04:31 PM
The lineup for today, (saturday) isn't much better. That bum Patterson against Santana but no Adam Dunn?

Wow, just wow.

Now that Adam Dunn is finally hitting (.420 over last 5 games), and he gets sat so Patterson can be in the lineup.

I still can't believe how many people praised Patterson and said things like, "he might be different this year".

Knowing that Patterson wouldn't hit was as predictable as the sun coming up every morning.

Kingspoint
05-10-2008, 05:01 PM
The Reds had a good chance to close on Santana when they scored twice in the sixth inning on four hits, but the Mets' ace struck out Mr. Automatic Out to end the inning with two runners on base.

Slyder
05-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Game 2: Cincinnati
R. Freel CF
J. Hairston Jr. 2B
K. Griffey Jr. RF
E. Encarnacion 3B
A. Dunn LF
J. Keppinger SS
S. Hatteberg 1B
P. Bako C
B. Arroyo P

Not the worst lineup Dusty's run out there. Considering Phillips ankle/leg I can understand playing Hairston. Swap Dunn and Junior and you'd have pretty much my lineup if Vottos out.