PDA

View Full Version : Please...Please...PLEASE...No more Belisle or Arroyo

Grounds_Crew
05-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I've been so sick of seeing Belisle pitch for the past few years. He's not good, he's not going to be good...and he's not going to give this team an opportunity to win.

Arroyo is not much better. His curve ball is SOO obvious and people score on him fast and easily.

I'm almost to the point where I refuse to watch the game when these two guys are on the mound.

Please...no more!

captainmorgan07
05-10-2008, 02:32 PM
You speak for alot of us on here about Mr.Belisle. He shows flashes but those flashes are short. He repetedly makes the same mistakes and does nothing to correct those mistakes.

Slyder
05-10-2008, 02:39 PM
While were at it how about a Corey Intervention with Baker?

I will never understand what stats Dusty believes that makes him put Patterson anywhere in the top of the lineup. Patterson sucks we got a guy on the DL thats better with the drag bunts leading off Norris Hopper, who can actually get on base!

Trade Griffey for whatever you can get from Seattle call up Bruce (and treat him like we did Votto batting 6th, 7th low pressure). Might as well take the Arizona approach and go ahead and call up Bailey IMO (Either Trade Fogg or Demote Belisle).

2 Proposed Lineup:
Freel CF/RF
Dunn LF and try to take advantage of the walks
Ed E 3b
Votto 1b
Phillips 2b
Kepp SS
Bruce RF/CF
Catcher
Pitcher

Lineup 2:
Freel CF/RF
Kepp SS
Dunn LF
Votto 1b
Phillips 2b/Ed E 3b
Phillips 2b/Ed E 3b
Bruce RF/CF
Catcher

Grounds_Crew
05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
6 runs for the Mets in 5 innings. Only 1 out. Please stop this madness.

mlbfan30
05-10-2008, 02:47 PM
While were at it how about a Corey Intervention with Baker?

I will never understand what stats Dusty believes that makes him put Patterson anywhere in the top of the lineup. Patterson sucks we got a guy on the DL thats better with the drag bunts leading off Norris Hopper, who can actually get on base!

LOL

Dusty doesn't use stats. He goes like...

"Who's my CF? The CF always has to lead off no matter what since they're fast"

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68007

jmac
05-10-2008, 02:50 PM
No Belisle fan here.Nothing personal.
Simply a year in year out rerun.
Let Bailey grow with starts where Belisle either stays same or deteriorates.

Slyder
05-10-2008, 03:08 PM
LOL

Dusty doesn't use stats. He goes like...

"Who's my CF? The CF always has to lead off no matter what since they're fast"

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68007

Does anyone in Cincy FO know what these new fangle stats like OBP or OPS are?

TheBigLebowski
05-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Can we add Mike Lincoln to this list as well??

Jones1
05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree that Belisle is who he is a guy that gets hit hard and often, but Im not ready to give up on Arroyo just yet. I have a feeling we're going to see Arroyo give us a good game tonight.

As far as Belisle he has options send him to Louisville and bring up Homer. Homer will give us a much better chance at winning. This move needs to happen before the Reds lose too many games to get back in contention. Which means it needs to happen NOW!

I dont understand why Patterson continues to start and hit at the the top of the lineup. I think patterson is an aset but one we should see in the 8th inning as a defensive replacement or a pinch runner, nothing more! Freel is on fire and should get 95 percent of the starts in center until he cools down, once he does then you split time with Hairston and Freel. We all want to see Jay Bruce but its just not gonna happen until we see a boat load of players traded or DFA'd.

My other big problem with this team is we have players that rarely ever see the field. Javy Valentin and Scott Hatteberg these guys need to be traded its doing them or this team no good taking up roster space and not contributing in any way whatsoever, how long is it going to take Jocketty to fix this pathetic mess?

The problem is much larger than, Arroyo and Belise thats only a fraction of it! This team cant even hit with men on base!

GoReds33
05-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Can we add Mike Lincoln to this list as well??No. Lincoln throws hard, and deserves his chances. He's got the stuff to be a good reliever, but just hasn't had the chances like Belisle has.

ChatterRed
05-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Belisle was better last year. I thought with another year under his belt he'd be better.

Same old same old. Time to try someone else. Nice running him out there vs. Santana.

NarrowStairs
05-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm perplexed by Belisle. Before Volquez and Cueto arrived, he had the best stuff on the team.

He doesn't make excuses for his bad outings, either. I think Dave Duncan in STL would turn him into a #2 starter or a Ryan Franklin clone.

smoke6
05-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm perplexed by Belisle. Before Volquez and Cueto arrived, he had the best stuff on the team.

He doesn't make excuses for his bad outings, either. I think Dave Duncan in STL would turn him into a #2 starter or a Ryan Franklin clone.

Belisle had the best stuff on WHAT team?:eek:

HalMorrisRules
05-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Belisle was better last year.

No, no he was not. This was the argument over the winter and repeating it over and over will not make it true.

goreds2
05-10-2008, 09:48 PM
;)

Cincinnati 5/10/08

Arroyo

8.0 IP

4 H

1 ER

2 BB

9 SO

Kingspoint
05-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I'd like to see Lehr get Belisle's spot next week. Bailey will be here eventually, but Lehr's in his 30's and if you're not going to use him now, then why is he even in the organization. Let's see if he can get some Major Leaguers out this year.

Kingspoint
05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
That was nice to see from Arroyo.

Indicative of his second half performance last year.

schmidty622
05-10-2008, 10:31 PM
If Arroyo can string together some more nights like that I would look to trade him to whoever makes the strongest offer. Dude is on the wrong side of 30, with a rather large contract (but manageable for a contender), and has shown a propensity to be ineffective.

Maybe an Arroyo, Dunn, Bailey blockbuster at the break??

JayBruce4HOF
05-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I've been so sick of seeing Belisle pitch for the past few years. He's not good, he's not going to be good...and he's not going to give this team an opportunity to win.

Arroyo is not much better. His curve ball is SOO obvious and people score on him fast and easily.

I'm almost to the point where I refuse to watch the game when these two guys are on the mound.

Please...no more!

Perhaps a wee bit premature in regards to your statements about Bronson?

AdamDunn
05-12-2008, 12:46 AM
If Arroyo can string together some more nights like that I would look to trade him to whoever makes the strongest offer. Dude is on the wrong side of 30, with a rather large contract (but manageable for a contender), and has shown a propensity to be ineffective.

Maybe an Arroyo, Dunn, Bailey blockbuster at the break??

Please... lets blow up the Reds once more. Maybe that will get the Reds on a winning track. (sarcastic) Let Dunn run out his contract and offer him arbitration for draft picks or to resign him if he does well this season. Maybe trade Arroyo at the break. Trade Hatteburg and Griffey at the break. For the love of everything good in this world, don't trade Bailey, Cueto, Volquez, Bruce, or Votto. Oh, and trade Baker. Please.

HalMorrisRules
05-14-2008, 11:00 PM
You hafta give Arroyo credit. Two excellent starts back to back and he has trimmed 2.5 runs off of his ERA. Let's hope this is a true sign that he has turned a corner and can be a reliable starter from here on out.

Hondo
05-14-2008, 11:08 PM
I have always thought Arroyo would figure this thing out but the worst part is, he didn't get the W tonight...

What was wrong with Lincoln???? Did everyone think Cordero needed to be brought in when he was??? Probably so...

I just feel bad for Bronson and Aaron because when they do pitch well, they get either no runs in Harangs case, or the Bullpen gives up the Lead?? 6 runs tonight in the 8th? Woah!