PDA

View Full Version : Dodger Stadium photos

OldRightHander
05-10-2008, 11:25 PM
I went to the Dodgers/Mets game the other day when I was in LA. I took a few pictures and these are the ones that turned out ok.

GoReds33
05-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Did you like it? I haven't ever been to Dodger Stadium, and always wondered what it was like.

goreds2
05-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Still a beautiful ball park that has been well kept over the years.

KronoRed
05-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Nice pictures

OldRightHander
05-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Did you like it? I haven't ever been to Dodger Stadium, and always wondered what it was like.

It was a very enjoyable baseball experience, a little more old fashioned than at GABP. There was more organ music and not as much piped in stuff, which I really liked. Another thing that I noticed right away was that when a hitter came to bat his OBP and SLG were displayed prominently. You got the impression that those numbers matter. I was also sitting next to some very astute fans and that only added to the enjoyment. The game wasn't much, since the Mets beat them 12-1 and Penny didn't pitch like his usual self, but sitting in a picturesque park next to fans who know their stuff made for a pleasant afternoon.

goreds2
05-12-2008, 05:54 AM
It was a very enjoyable baseball experience, a little more old fashioned than at GABP. There was more organ music and not as much piped in stuff, which I really liked. Another thing that I noticed right away was that when a hitter came to bat his OBP and SLG were displayed prominently. You got the impression that those numbers matter. I was also sitting next to some very astute fans and that only added to the enjoyment. The game wasn't much, since the Mets beat them 12-1 and Penny didn't pitch like his usual self, but sitting in a picturesque park next to fans who know their stuff made for a pleasant afternoon.

Very cool. Maybe next time you can catch the Reds there.

OldRightHander
05-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Very cool. Maybe next time you can catch the Reds there.

Except that I don't know when I'll be in LA next. I don't run to the west coast that often. I usually stick to the midwest and try to get home more often. The funny thing is that whenever I'm in another city I always try to catch a game and most of the time the team is on the road. In this case I got lucky that not only were the Dodgers at home but it was a day game. I really like day games.

GoReds33
05-12-2008, 07:31 AM
It was a very enjoyable baseball experience, a little more old fashioned than at GABP. There was more organ music and not as much piped in stuff, which I really liked. Another thing that I noticed right away was that when a hitter came to bat his OBP and SLG were displayed prominently. You got the impression that those numbers matter. I was also sitting next to some very astute fans and that only added to the enjoyment. The game wasn't much, since the Mets beat them 12-1 and Penny didn't pitch like his usual self, but sitting in a picturesque park next to fans who know their stuff made for a pleasant afternoon.That sounds great. I hope to get out there for a game someday.

Heath
05-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Good stuff ORH.

OnBaseMachine
05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Great pictures ORH. What a beautiful stadium...I hope to attend a game there someday.