PDA

View Full Version : Embarssing

forfreelin04
05-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Ross batted out of order in the ninth today. Grounded out in his first AB and got a single in the second at bat.

Amazing, the ineptitude of this team and its lack of attention to detail.

_Sir_Charles_
05-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, but how many outs are there? LOL.

forfreelin04
05-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Embarassing my spelling of the word embarassing. It's rubbing off on the fans!

HeatherC1212
05-11-2008, 04:21 PM
I was just about to say that you should really know how to spell the word before you post about something being embarrassing, LOL :laugh:

That was the oddest thing I've seen in all my years of being a baseball fan. I forgot that Chris Speier was out at third base for Mark Berry though which may have contributed to the confusion since they haven't had a bench coach all game and he's supposed to help keep track of that sort of thing. :eek:

forfreelin04
05-11-2008, 04:25 PM
I was just about to say that you should really know how to spell the word before you post about something being embarrassing, LOL :laugh:

That was the oddest thing I've seen in all my years of being a baseball fan. I forgot that Chris Speier was out at third base for Mark Berry though which may have contributed to the confusion since they haven't had a bench coach all game and he's supposed to help keep track of that sort of thing. :eek:

Heather,

I thought it best to point out my mistake before everyone else did! HAHA mispelling it actually makes it more funny!

I think the cause of the problem is not based on any excuses but the lack of attention paid by the whole team. I knew Patterson was on deck when Kep struck out. How did the whole Reds team not know? Heck, they had a whole 5 minutes before the inning started to figure out Ross should not have been the first batter.

I don't think Dusty moved from his little corner in the dugout all game. It almost seemed he was hiding in hopes that no one noticed he was the manager.

Jack Burton
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Tally up another mental mistake by this team, this one is as pathetic as it gets.

Slyder
05-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Well Ross knew what we already knew. Patterson sucks so dont let him embarrass himself and skip him.

3bCoach
05-11-2008, 08:26 PM
The Manager is responsible for this blunder - not the bench coach or anyone else in the dugout. A manager who is paid $3mil per year should never allow this to happen.

What is Bob C. thinking about his boy Dusty now?

HeatherC1212
05-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Dusty owned up to his mistake during his post game conference. He said it was his fault and never tried to place the blame on anyone else. It was a very stupid mistake but he took the blame for it and I give him credit for that.

jmac
05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
The thing is, it seems it is always the reds year in and year out making these mistakes repeatedly.
Now last night I listened to a bit of the STL-Mil between reds games and heard the brew crew miss a squeeze sign and lose an out at the plate late in game. It happens to everyone occasionally.
With the reds, it is missing signs,getting picked off, runners thrown out, throwing to wrong base etc that seems to happen with far too much regularity !

NarrowStairs
05-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Patterson makes an out without even coming to the plate, and Dusty Baker is proven to be a complete idiot, all during the span of a David Ross AB.

I'm glad it happened.

improbus
05-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Does Patterson's out lower his BA?

3bCoach
05-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Does Patterson's out lower his BA?

you are kidding, right? or are you using irony to make your point?

smoke6
05-12-2008, 08:15 AM
you are kidding, right? or are you using irony to make your point?

Is that irony or sarcasim? :D

jmble
05-12-2008, 09:36 AM
From Lance's blog today... I guess Dusty doesn't learn.

Dusty seems to have forgotten this one
MLB.COM
Dusty's team batted out of order in 2004
"Baker apparently didn't communicate a double-switch to home plate umpire C.B. Bucknor, and the Cubs were accused of batting out of turn. The mistake did not hurt as the Cubs rallied for a dramatic, 11-10 win over the Cincinnati Reds."
And he seems to have forgotten this one
Giants bat out of order in 1998 with Dusty managing

bubbachunk
05-12-2008, 10:29 AM
You talk as if you actually expected Corey to get a hit had they not batted out of order.

nineworldseries
05-12-2008, 12:08 PM
http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/baker1109.jpg

http://planetrobot.net/caplog/b2EGraphics/2007/07-06/News_DoNotWant.jpg

Moosie52
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Marty said Chris Spiers would have been in charge of the bench, but he was coaching third base because Mark Berry was absent for personal reasons. Any of you ever gone on vacation and had someone else cover your job? There is a lot of potential for screwups. At least this one happened when the Reds were trailing by 5 runs.

3bCoach
05-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Is that irony or sarcasim? :D

or....satirical wit?

3bCoach
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Marty said Chris Spiers would have been in charge of the bench, but he was coaching third base because Mark Berry was absent for personal reasons. Any of you ever gone on vacation and had someone else cover your job? There is a lot of potential for screwups. At least this one happened when the Reds were trailing by 5 runs.

Marty does not know how to manage a baseball team, he better not lose his day job.

The issue is very clear, the bench coach is not responsible for this blunder. Dusty is a lazy manager with little attention to detail. Why do you think Pete was always looking at his notes last year? The team was new to him and he was aware of where every player was all the time.

Double switches are part of the game. Remember when Pete double-switched Jr. out of right field last year.

The manager has to pay attention, Rusty doesn't and it shows.

Fullboat
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
This team is committing a lot of Mistakes that have to be blamed on Baker.Just this series we have
seen Corey getting picked of first and Freel CS when down by 5 runs.If I was the Manager of this
team I would tell those two that their next AB will be sometime in Sept. if they keep making these
blunders.

HeatherC1212
05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
FYI: Mark Berry's father passed away on Saturday in Arizona. My thoughts go out to his family. :(

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2008/05/sad-note-minor-matters.asp

05-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Marty does not know how to manage a baseball team, he better not lose his day job.

The issue is very clear, the bench coach is not responsible for this blunder. Dusty is a lazy manager with little attention to detail.

Very strong accusation. You better have better proof than Sunday's screw up to back it up. Yes, Dusty screwed up Sunday, no excuses, but I have not seen anything that shows that he is lazy or doesn't care.

3bCoach
05-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Very strong accusation. You better have better proof than Sunday's screw up to back it up. Yes, Dusty screwed up Sunday, no excuses, but I have not seen anything that shows that he is lazy or doesn't care.

Go back to Rusty's laziness with the Cubs. He could not get off his butt to tell the ump about a double switch for example, resulting in a batter out of order. These boards have other examples of Rusty's lack of attention to detail that indicate he is well out over his skis.

Proof? Watch as the team sinks deeper and deeper and out of site with Rusty asleep at the wheel. I watched him doze for four years in Chicago.

jmac
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
FYI: Mark Berry's father passed away on Saturday in Arizona. My thoughts go out to his family. :(

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2008/05/sad-note-minor-matters.asp
Sad to hear !

05-12-2008, 05:32 PM

Kinda puts it all into perspective. Thoughts and prayers to the Berry family.

ThirdBaseCoach
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
I realize this is a stale topic, but this should close the matter.

Apparently, after Ross made the out, Patterson approached the plate for his turn at bat. Granted, Ross batted in Patterson's place and Patterson compounded the error by going up to the plate. Here is where it gets even more bizarre.

The Mets' brain trust of Randolph and Manuel go to the ump and say that Ross batted out of turn. After a lengthy discussion, the umps sort it out. The little league way to remember this rule is ...."proper batter out, proper batter up"...

In other words, Patterson was the first proper batter and he is out, Ross is now the proper batter and he is up. This is the way it happened.

What the Met geniuses should have done is NOTHING. Allow the improper batter to hit and wait until you know the outcome before calling it to the ump's attention. It is a free out. Take this to the extreme....say by some miracle Patterson hits an apparent walk off home run. The Mets then say he was out of turn and should be called out. No home run, two outs.

So Rusty's blunder was bad enough, but two other so-called big league managers, Randolph and Manuel, screwed up the play worse by stopping Patterson from hitting out of turn.

This is pathetic. Million dollar dopes running the asylum.

Jack Burton
05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
All kinds of little league mistakes being made by this franchise. Base running mistakes, batting out of order, dropping routine pop flys, lack of communication in the OF, what else?