Ryan Theriot
Delmon Young
for
Josh Hamilton
Jimmy Rollins
Yahoo keeper league what do you all think? id hate to trade rollins

NorrisHopper30
05-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I'd do that in a Keeper league no doubt, Rollins might be on the decline and Hamilton is a huge question mark.

Reyes can only get better same with Young.

RedEye
05-11-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure. Seems like a pretty fair deal to me. For that reason, I might not do it. :)

Seriously though, this trade should make you think very hard about the relative merits of having keepers vs. succeeding this year. I think the Rollins/Hamilton combo is likely headed for a better combined year than the players you are being offered. But Reyes is already a top-of-the-line talent and Young could be on the come.

Hmmm...

As long as the deal keeps balance on the rest of your team, I think I'd do it.

Jr's Boy
05-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Nah,Hamilton is killing the ball.MVP for sure.

Dom Heffner
05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
no way i do that deal.

Johnny Footstool
05-29-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm not opposed to selling high on a guy like Hamilton, but you need to sell *really* high. Reyes, Young, and Theriot isn't enough.

Dom Heffner
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
I can't emphasize enough how terrible that deal that is. Both Young and Theriot are overrated, and Jose Reyes has hit something like .250 since last August.

I don't even think I"d do that deal for Rollins alone, let alone throw in Hamilton.

I guess in a keeper league Young has value, but seriously, he doesn't walk enough to indicate that he's going to improve.

OesterPoster
06-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Josh Hamilton missed a game earlier this year for "exhaustion", and now he missed another game recently for a "viral infection". I like the guy and his stats, but I think anyone is crazy if they think he'll keep producing in the Texas heat this summer. He's going to break down at some point.

I do agree that the return for Hamilton in the proposed trade is sub-par, but I'd also try trading him high right now for a viable return.

Dunnateher
06-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Are you REALLY in need of steal? Do you REALLY have an access of power? If yes to both than it is a fair trade but you can do better. Get him to throw in a middle of the road closer or #3 starter depending on your need and you will sleep better about it.