PDA

View Full Version : dunn to the royals?

toledodan
05-12-2008, 08:37 PM
i was listening to the local sports radio station today and they feel KC would go after dunn before the trade deadline. they do have a couple of young players that would fit good here.

deltachi8
05-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Why would they (KC) make that trade? So they can finish a respectable fifth place?

i guess for Adam, fifth beats 6th, right?

RedsManRick
05-12-2008, 08:47 PM
I'll take Alex Gordon and Joakim Soria please. And throw in Brian Bannister for fun.

toledodan
05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Why would they (KC) make that trade? So they can finish a respectable fifth place?

i agree just thought it was interesting they would talk about trading for him. they are also mentioned pat burrell as well.

Highlifeman21
05-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I'll take Alex Gordon and Joakim Soria please. And throw in Brian Bannister for fun.

Brian Bannister would never fit in with The Dusty.

Brian Bannister openly embraces sabrmetric analysis.

The Dusty frowns upon that sort of thing.

fearofpopvol1
05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
That'd make a good fits. A pretty good amount of young talent. Like most others though, I can't imagine why the Royals would want Dunn and I also can't imagine Dunn accepting a trade there either.

LoganBuck
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
That'd make a good fits. A pretty good amount of young talent. Like most others though, I can't imagine why the Royals would want Dunn and I also can't imagine Dunn accepting a trade there either.

I would take a flyer on Luke Hochevar. :beerme:

RedlegJake
05-12-2008, 11:15 PM
I'd take Bret Butler and play him in left. That way we could all look back and remember what a great defender Dunn was.

RedlegJake
05-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Okay...I meant Billy Butler. I am too old and think I'm geting senile. Plus Brett Butler would come after me for confusing his D with Billy's. (Thanks Baseclogger)

Mario-Rijo
05-12-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd take Bret Butler and play him in left. That way we could all look back and remember what a great defender Dunn was.

Brett Butler probably could outplay Dunn in LF even now. Billy butler OTOH might not be much of an upgrade. ;)

Mario-Rijo
05-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Okay...I meant Billy Butler. I am too old and think I'm geting senile. Plus Brett Butler would come after me for confusing his D with Billy's.

Ahh, ya beat me to it.

REDREAD
05-13-2008, 11:52 AM

Well, it kind of makes sense if KC is willing to extend him.
I have no idea what KC's plans are, but it's an interesting idea for a small market team to trade for a guy like Dunn (whom many of us think would not net much in a trade) and then try to extend him. The hope, of course is that during Dunn's contract, the rest of the pieces to make a decent team could be assembled.

We've already gone through the list of FA hitters this winter, and outside of Burrell, it appears to be slim pickings.. Not such a crazy idea to try to steal Dunn from the Reds during his poor start and extend him. Teams have certainly done riskier moves..

membengal
05-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Zack Greinke.

Scrap Irony
05-13-2008, 12:19 PM
It could be a great move for KC. Emphasis on could. Two possibilities:

1. Extend Dunn, providing an outstanding bat in the middle of the order. Surround him with Gordon and Butler. Three "should-be" All-Star bats (1B, LF, and 3B), along with three or four decent bats from other spots.

2. Allow Dunn to leave and hope the two supplimental picks you receive work out for half a year.

Of course, Cincinnati could do the same thing...