PDA

View Full Version : If someone told you before the year began ...

LouisvilleCARDS
05-14-2008, 02:09 AM
That:

- Francisco Corero wouldn't have blown a save thus far, the only closer in the majors to do so

- Edison Volquez would lead the majors in ERA around a 1 ERA thus far

- Aaron Harang would have around a 3 ERA

What would you have predicted our record would be right now?

I would have guessed we would be leading the NL Central to be honest.

Homer Bailey
05-14-2008, 02:19 AM
And that Votto and Encarnacion would have 16 home runs between the two of them? And Paul Bako would be OPS'ing .882?

Where would we be if these things hadn't happened? Scary to think...

ChatterRed
05-14-2008, 02:25 AM
That:

- Francisco Corero wouldn't have blown a save thus far, the only closer in the majors to do so

- Edison Volquez would lead the majors in ERA around a 1 ERA thus far

- Aaron Harang would have around a 3 ERA

What would you have predicted out record would be right now?

I would have guessed we would be leading the NL Central to be honest.

It goes to show you what wins and losses really mean. I think Harang had a 5-1 record last year with an era over 5.00. You need to look at era, and Harang has had a good start, but the offense hasn't.

Ghosts of 1990
05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
over .500 thats for sure

Rounding Third
05-14-2008, 10:37 AM
What if I told you before spring training that the top of the lineup had Corey Patterson and Jerry Hairston jr?

BLEEDS
05-14-2008, 11:19 AM
What if I told you before spring training that the top of the lineup had Corey Patterson and Jerry Hairston jr?

WHOOP - there it is!!!

What about Adam Dunn batting 7th, and Junior OPS-ing .710...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

TheBigLebowski
05-14-2008, 02:31 PM
That:

Has Brad Lidge blown a save? I know he gave up his first ER of the season last night..

HeatherC1212
05-14-2008, 02:48 PM
They said on FSN and ESPN last night that the Reds are the only team left in all of MLB that have not had a blown save. Of course, we haven't had as many save opportunities so that probably has something to do with it too, LOL :laugh:

LouisvilleCARDS
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
They said on FSN and ESPN last night that the Reds are the only team left in all of MLB that have not had a blown save. Of course, we haven't had as many save opportunities so that probably has something to do with it too, LOL :laugh:

Yeah, maye Cordero himself isn't the only closer, I just assumed. But the Reds as a team are the only tream not to blow a save, and last year we lost 31 games after leading after the sixth inning which was by far the most in the majors.

_Sir_Charles_
05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't think anybody forsaw the horribly slow starts that Dunn, Griffey and Arroyo have gotten off to. Those were 3 guys we were penciling in for at least average years. If they'd produced like they normally do...we probably would be in first (or at least top half of the division).

Fullboat
05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
If someone told me the Reds would be in last place 6.5 Back and 6 games under on May 14 I'd Laugh
and say so whats the big deal.With 4 months and change left there is plenty of time.:thumbup:

jmac
05-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, maye Cordero himself isn't the only closer, I just assumed. But the Reds as a team are the only tream not to blow a save, and last year we lost 31 games after leading after the sixth inning which was by far the most in the majors.

What amazes me abotu that stat is the set-up guy could blow a lead in the 8th and it counts as a blown save as well so that's one reason why we blew so many last year. We would lose the lead in the problematic 8th inning.

BLEEDS
05-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Good news is, we don't have to worry about that pesky "haven't blown a save yet this season" banner hanging over our heads anymore...

PEACE

-BLEEDS