PDA

View Full Version : Moving EE

ChatterRed
05-14-2008, 07:14 PM
If the Reds could trade for a good Third Baseman who could field better than EE, but still hit............would you be willing to move EE to 1B and Votto to LF? Or if they could trade for a good SS, put Kepp on 3B, move EE to 1B.

I have visions of a Tony Perez type move.

Grande Donkey
05-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Why couldn't you just put EdE in left? That seems like the logical move to me.

redsfanmia
05-14-2008, 07:22 PM
EE would be an upgrade defensively over Dunn.

Newman4
05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Why couldn't you just put EdE in left? That seems like the logical move to me.

I agree. Less movement makes more sense.

TN Red Fan
05-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree. Less movement makes more sense.

It's an another option if EE can't play LF. Not all infielders can convert. Votto's played some OF at least.

ChatterRed
05-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Votto has played LF in the minors. That is the reason for the suggestion.

keeganbrick
05-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Keppinger's arm is too weak to play 3rd on a regular basis.

jmac
05-14-2008, 09:04 PM
I have heard many on here mention this but has any of the reds brass ever hinted of considering it ? Just curious :dunno:

tommycash
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
'Maybe I am wrong, but I think EE is getting better every day at 3rd. He hasn't had a error in 2 weeks. But if we move him, I think we should move him to 1st, and move Votto to the OF. This is all contingent on Griffey and Dunn leaving. So I say don't even think about it until Bruce is in one outfield spot and the other corner is vacant so Votto could move.

Rounding Third
05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Votto has played well at first base. So why would you move him?

Edwin does not play that well at third base. However, it would be easier to get a leftfielder in FA or something than trying to convert EE and also getting an outfielder.

bucknutdet
05-14-2008, 11:44 PM
I think you have to keep Votto at first as well. EE, if he can hit I can live with the occasional error as long as he doesn't go through another stretch like he did earlier this season, that is unacceptable. Hopefully he won't go through a stretch like that again.

If Janish can't hit above .265 by the time Keppinger comes back, I think you have to send him back down. Kepp's defense is good enough and he can flat out hit. So I think he has to get back into the lineup when healthy.

Hondo
05-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I think the Reds could get Brandon Inge for next to nothing...

BoCcc2832
05-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Why do you all think that we can move about parts to different places and expect similar results? Edwin Encarnacion is not built to be a first baseman. He hasn't even likely played first base in a few years. First base is not an easy position to field and with Edwin used to diving to his left more often than not, having to dive the other way will take more work and delay any potential Edwin may reach. So asking him to move like that is ludicrous. Also, there's likely a reason why Votto is never asked to play left and it's not just because Dunn plays there. Freel, Patterson, and maybe even Hairston would all play left before Votto got the nod.

Slyder
05-15-2008, 12:53 AM
If the Reds could trade for a good Third Baseman who could field better than EE, but still hit............would you be willing to move EE to 1B and Votto to LF? Or if they could trade for a good SS, put Kepp on 3B, move EE to 1B.

I have visions of a Tony Perez type move.

No, I wouldnt move Votto at this point unless we acquired Pujols and I dont see that ever happening. The only way EE gets moved is if he's traded or wants to move to LF.