PDA

View Full Version : Bronson Arroyo

bucknutdet
05-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Bronson looked pretty good tonight, good velocity and nasty breaking pitches. Hopefully he can continue to pitch like he has in his last couple of outings. If he can, and Volquez & Harang can continue pitching as they are, the Reds might have a chance to start stringing some wins together, with just a bit of hitting, hopefully.

Fun game to watch tonight. Except for that 9th inning meltdown. But I guess without that we wouldn't have the drama with Janish getting his first hit and it being a game winning one. Wow, I bet he is on cloud 9 right now.:beerme:

Hondo
05-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I would have rather Arroyo gotten the Win and Janish having a hit tommorow night...

bucknutdet
05-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I would have rather Arroyo gotten the Win and Janish having a hit tommorow night...

Would've been nice seeing the way he pitched and all, I hear ya. Great way to get a win anyway. At this point I ain't being too picky about how we win 'em.

bluesanta
05-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Cueto will have his ups and downs, but if Arroyo can stay consistent, and Harang and Volquez continue to do their thing, our rotation is starting to look pretty good. Now, for Belisle........

captainmorgan07
05-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Arroyo proved alot to me tonite taking the ball on 3 days rest. He threw an absolute gem. Just plain bad luck he didn't get the W for his performance tonite. He seemed to get better as the game continued. Especially the 7th when he struck out the side.

Hondo
05-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Cueto will have his ups and downs, but if Arroyo can stay consistent, and Harang and Volquez continue to do their thing, our rotation is starting to look pretty good. Now, for Belisle........

I am willing to totally live with Cueto's up and downs, but Belisle needs to be Traded or Released... That guy is not going to pitch anywhere reliably but maybe 1-2 Inning stints in Relief...

bluesanta
05-15-2008, 12:35 AM
I am willing to totally live with Cueto's up and downs, but Belisle needs to be Traded or Released... That guy is not going to pitch anywhere reliably but maybe 1-2 Inning stints in Relief...

Yeah, I was hoping Homer would be called up to make the start tommorow night, but it just appears that Belisle does not have the stuff to become a major league starter

Hondo
05-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I was hoping Homer would be called up to make the start tommorow night, but it just appears that Belisle does not have the stuff to become a major league starter

Agreed, if this truely is another rebuilding Project. I would rather go with Homer and Ride him out and see him Develop rather than watch Belisle Implode every 5th day...

NarrowStairs
05-15-2008, 12:39 AM

Me too, but this helps expose Lincoln as a fraud. Nice guy, bad pitcher. He has never been a truly successful pitcher -- 1 decent year. There are PLENTY of arms down on the farm capable of pitching better than Lincoln.

Hondo
05-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Me too, but this helps expose Lincoln as a fraud. Nice guy, bad pitcher. He has never been a truly successful pitcher -- 1 decent year. There are PLENTY of arms down on the farm capable of pitching better than Lincoln.

Fogg, Lincoln, Beilisle, Stanton, Coffey ---- Who built this staff????

I know Stanton is gone, just like WK

Jack Burton
05-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Job well done by Bronson tonight, too bad the pen couldn't bring him home the W. Looks like that's back to back solid starts by the long haired one, hopefully he's righted the ship.