PDA

View Full Version : 1990 World Series game 3 on XM Radio

JinAZ
05-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Not sure if anyone is around, but XM Radio is playing the 1990 World Series Game 3 right now. I'm taking measurements on photographs of bug eyes tonight, so this is a nice treat. :)

redsfaninbsg
05-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Is this on homeplate?

JinAZ
05-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Yep, XM 175. If you have a subscription, they're streaming it over the internets.

Reds just finished having their way with Mike Moore...
-j

Blitz Dorsey
05-18-2008, 02:04 AM
How did they call Rickey Henderson's drop in the outfield just out of curiosity? I think the Reds were actually given a hit on that play, but that was an error. Or maybe Rick did get an E, I can't remember for sure. I just remember going crazy when the ball went off his glove because I knew the game was pretty much over.

They need to sell the '90 Reds DVD if they don't already. Every inning of all four games. Not just some highlight mix. I want every inning with maybe a mix of TV and radio announcers calling the action. That would be great. I'd pay top-dollar for something like that. Same thing with the '75 and '76 Series.

JinAZ
05-18-2008, 03:15 AM
How did they call Rickey Henderson's drop in the outfield just out of curiosity? I think the Reds were actually given a hit on that play, but that was an error. Or maybe Rick did get an E, I can't remember for sure. I just remember going crazy when the ball went off his glove because I knew the game was pretty much over.

You know, I hate to admit it, but I think I zoned out for that moment. Measuring bug eyes while listening to a game is kind of like driving a car while listening to a game. It doesn't take much concentration. And a lot of the time, I'm right there with the game. Other times a half-inning will go by and I don't know what happened. At least, that's they way my brain works. :rolleyes:

They need to sell the '90 Reds DVD if they don't already. Every inning of all four games. Not just some highlight mix. I want every inning with maybe a mix of TV and radio announcers calling the action. That would be great. I'd pay top-dollar for something like that. Same thing with the '75 and '76 Series.

Amazon has some 3rd-party people selling the VHS compilation. I'm tempted, but it's been so long that I don't even know if my VCR still works. I agree though, I'd pay pretty decent money for a DVD set of the 1990 games. I'd love to have the NLCS vs. the Pirates in that same set too--pretty fantastic series. -j

cumberlandreds
05-19-2008, 07:07 AM

Here's the 1975 World Series from deepdiscountdvd.com. I bought this through them a couple of years ago. It's the enitre games as they were broadcast on NBC. It's only about $32 for the whole set. It's cheaper now. I think I paid something like $46 then. It's certainly worth it for any Reds fan.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/The-Cincinnati-Reds-1975-World-Series-Collector-s-Edition-Baseball_stcVVproductId5737585VVcatId481274VVviewp rod.htm