P. Janish ss
K. Griffey Jr. rf
B. Phillips 2b
E. Encarnacion 3b
A. Dunn lf
D. Ross c
J. Valentin 1b
E. Volquez p

I guess it could be worse... at least Freel's leading off instead of Patterson. 7-9 ought to do absolutely nothing.

Maldez
05-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Curious lineup, to be sure, bust Dusty's got things rollin' so I'm gonna trust him.

_Sir_Charles_
05-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Wow.....just wow.

Janish should be 7 or higher.
Griffey should be where Dunn is.
Dunn should be in the 2 hole.
Javy should only be on first if he's wearing a batting helmet.
Phillips is totally misplaced in the cleanup role...he simply swings differently (in a bad way)

Other than that...pretty solid lineup. :rolleyes:

Fullboat
05-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow! Lots of outs in that lineup.

mroby85
05-18-2008, 01:56 PM
i don't understand why if you're going to give votto a day off, why hatteberg doesn't get the start. He's kind of gotten messed over as it is, so if you're going to bench votto you should at least get him in the lineup. That being said, i think votto should be starting.

Slyder
05-18-2008, 02:00 PM
i don't understand why if you're going to give votto a day off, why hatteberg doesn't get the start. He's kind of gotten messed over as it is, so if you're going to bench votto you should at least get him in the lineup. That being said, i think votto should be starting.

Lee is a Left handed pitcher, if you were going to put a LHH in there it be Votto.

DTCromer
05-18-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm continually amazed at the criticism of the lineups. I guess that's what us fans are supposed to do.

Janish gets on base again.

Bruce4MVP
05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Votto has a .920 OPS against LHP this year compared to a .845 OPS against RHP.

Yet Baker sits Votto against a LHP.

In his career Valentine has a .585 OPS against LHP.
In his career Hatteberg has a .668 OPS against LHP.

Slyder
05-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm continually amazed at the criticism of the lineups. I guess that's what us fans are supposed to do.

Janish gets on base again.

When the results have been less than spectacular you would hope Dusty would learn from his mistakes. Apparently he cannot or refuses to do so with any of his decisions.

DTCromer
05-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Votto has a .920 OPS against LHP this year compared to a .845 OPS against RHP.

Yet Baker sits Votto against a LHP.

In his career Valentine has a .585 OPS against LHP.
In his career Hatteberg has a .668 OPS against LHP.

Not counting his 3HR game, Votto is batting .167 in May. Counting the 3HR game, he's still only batting .217. He needs a day off.

When the results have been less than spectacular you would hope Dusty would learn from his mistakes. Apparently he cannot or refuses to do so with any of his decisions.

So the reason we haven't been scoring runs is because of Dusty's lineups? Could have anything to do with Junior being 87 years old? Could it have to do with Dunn being Dunn? Could it have to do with the fact that no one on this team, sans Keppinger, can hit in pressure situations on a consistent basis?

Slyder
05-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Not counting his 3HR game, Votto is batting .167 in May. Counting the 3HR game, he's still only batting .217. He needs a day off.

So the reason we haven't been scoring runs is because of Dusty's lineups? Could have anything to do with Junior being 87 years old? Could it have to do with Dunn being Dunn? Could it have to do with the fact that no one on this team, sans Keppinger, can hit in pressure situations on a consistent basis?

Who puts them in those positions? Duhsty.

Who takes pencil to scorecard? Duhsty.

Who could move Griffey down and see if that helps? Duhsty.

Who puts the guys in these positions? Duhsty

Who refuses to recognize Patterson is absolutely WORTHLESS with the bat? Duhsty.

He has more to do with the offense than many care to say. People struggle yes, but he certainly not come close to maximizing what assets he has and his "clogging bases" belief. Mac had almost the exact same offense and had much better results.

OSUredsFAN
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Who puts them in those positions? Duhsty.

Who takes pencil to scorecard? Duhsty.

Who could move Griffey down and see if that helps? Duhsty.

Who puts the guys in these positions? Duhsty

Who refuses to recognize Patterson is absolutely WORTHLESS with the bat? Duhsty.

He has more to do with the offense than many care to say. People struggle yes, but he certainly not come close to maximizing what assets he has and his "clogging bases" belief. Mac had almost the exact same offense and had much better results.

Working out good so far!!!!

Slyder
05-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Working out good so far!!!!

and note whos been the catalysts....

Freel and Janish. I wonder when Baker will put Patterson in CF? My guess the first day of the road trip. Dunn, Griffey, and Phillips doing what they should. Rest of the lineup squadush.

HeatherC1212
05-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that lineup didn't work well at all today, LOL :laugh: :rolleyes:

Slyder
05-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, that lineup didn't work well at all today, LOL :laugh: :rolleyes:

"I guess it could be worse... at least Freel's leading off instead of Patterson. 7-9 ought to do absolutely nothing."

Ross and Valentin... 1-6 1 RS, 1 Sac Bunt, 1 DP. Barely above nothing so meh. The guys you would expect to produce did just that and surprise of the game Janish didnt kill any rallys and had a really great day in his first start.

He got it!
05-18-2008, 05:11 PM
You were all over that one sir Charles :rolleyes:
We could win 10 in a row and you all would question a role players spot in the lineup on that 11th game we lost.

ChatterRed
05-18-2008, 05:20 PM
I'd say today's lineup made this thread look really stupid. :D