PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Dusty Baker?

Mutaman
05-18-2008, 09:26 PM
It's amazing how smart and what a good manager Dusty's become in the past week.

Bruce4MVP
05-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Dusty hasn't changed at all. The team is winning despite him.

killuminati35
05-18-2008, 10:01 PM
I hear Dusty causes cancer, too.

Nasty_Boy
05-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Dunn still fills out the worst lineups around. He's lineups have been upside down 90% of the time this season.

I will say this, he has handled the pitching staff much better than I believed he would.

AdamDunn
05-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Dunn still fills out the worst lineups around. He's lineups have been upside down 90% of the time this season.

I will say this, he has handled the pitching staff much better than I believed he would.

Volquez's pitch count worries me.

05-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Volquez's pitch count worries me.

It shouldn't. There is no magic number, but generally for pitchers 24 years old, 120 pitches is the threshold that should not be crossed on a regular basis. He has only been as high as 118 once, and most of the time around 110. The key is what are his mechanics like in the latter innings than any real number, and his mechanics have been the same on pitch 110 as on 1.

Hondo
05-18-2008, 10:38 PM
I will tell you this, he wins inspite of tryong to Bat Paterson Lead Off all the time... How many times has Freel started in this 6 game winning Streak?

Hopefully they will call up Bruce, pensil him in CF and Lead OFF, and let him go hit...

Then trade Patterson for $1

sweetsport06
05-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but the last six games, all of which we won, the reds have been working a four man starting rotation. i know they planed on having belisle pitch this past thursday until the game was rained out, but maybe it would be best to keep it without him. at least just for a little while to see how it pans out over a longer period of time.

Hondo
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but the last six games, all of which we won, the reds have been working a four man starting rotation. i know they planed on having belisle pitch this past thursday until the game was rained out, but maybe it would be best to keep it without him. at least just for a little while to see how it pans out over a longer period of time.

That guy just basically throws Batting Practice... Every Pitch he throws is STRAIGHT...

I don't know if going 4 man is the best way to go all year, but Jocketty needs to do the Job he was Put in place to do, and fix the Holes on this team...

If this team Had 1 more Quality starter, 1... It would make all the differance in the world... Take away Fogg and Belisle starts and look what you have...

I am not talking about Paul Byrd, or Livian Hernadez, or whoever else has been mentioned on here... I wouldn't trade with Oakland for Harden or Blanton... Beane will want to much...

You have to go get a guy like Zach Grienke and Give up Homer Bailey and anyone else not named Bruce, Volquez, or Cueto...

fugowitribe
05-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Dusty is still making some questionable calls.....What happens if Dunn doesn't get lucky and foul that Bunt attempt off on Saturday. Why in the world was he even thinking of bunting with Dunn. Freel on the bench, but he sends Dunn up anyway, which is O.K with me because he has started to hit, but that decision seems so clear cut. You either bunt with Freel or Swing with Dunn. All in all it worked out for the best, so I can't complain too much. It is a great time to be a Redleg.

Handofdeath
05-18-2008, 11:13 PM
That guy just basically throws Batting Practice... Every Pitch he throws is STRAIGHT...

I don't know if going 4 man is the best way to go all year, but Jocketty needs to do the Job he was Put in place to do, and fix the Holes on this team...

If this team Had 1 more Quality starter, 1... It would make all the differance in the world... Take away Fogg and Belisle starts and look what you have...

I am not talking about Paul Byrd, or Livian Hernadez, or whoever else has been mentioned on here... I wouldn't trade with Oakland for Harden or Blanton... Beane will want to much...

You have to go get a guy like Zach Grienke and Give up Homer Bailey and anyone else not named Bruce, Volquez, or Cueto...

The Royals aren't trading Zach Greinke unless a team is willing to give up a lot. One Major League ready starter and a power bat is the minimum and the Royals could send one of their extra OF's.

Adam Dunn and Homer Bailey for
Zach Greinke and Mark Teahen.

Hondo
05-18-2008, 11:36 PM
The Royals aren't trading Zach Greinke unless a team is willing to give up a lot. One Major League ready starter and a power bat is the minimum and the Royals could send one of their extra OF's.

Adam Dunn and Homer Bailey for
Zach Greinke and Mark Teahen.

Thats not a very good Trade for the Reds

ChatterRed
05-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Dusty is still making some questionable calls.....What happens if Dunn doesn't get lucky and foul that Bunt attempt off on Saturday. Why in the world was he even thinking of bunting with Dunn. Freel on the bench, but he sends Dunn up anyway, which is O.K with me because he has started to hit, but that decision seems so clear cut. You either bunt with Freel or Swing with Dunn. All in all it worked out for the best, so I can't complain too much. It is a great time to be a Redleg.

I looked down and saw the third base coach give the "bunt foul" sign. :D:thumbup: Worked like a charm. :beerme:

AdamDunn
05-19-2008, 12:43 PM

Agreed. Adam Dunn doesn't know how to bunt. No point in doing that. Plus, other stupid mistakes like Juan Castro batting second. I still can't get over that. I still thing his motto about being aggressive is one step short of stupid. That's why the Cubs were last in offense and OBP his last year there.

It shouldn't. There is no magic number, but generally for pitchers 24 years old, 120 pitches is the threshold that should not be crossed on a regular basis. He has only been as high as 118 once, and most of the time around 110. The key is what are his mechanics like in the latter innings than any real number, and his mechanics have been the same on pitch 110 as on 1.

I think the threshold for pitchers in general should be 110, only occationally going over that unless your mechanics and arm stamina can carry your further (like Harang and Arroyo). Volquez's throwing motion seems more violent then those two. I don't think he's a 120 pitch type guy for an entire season.

IowaRed
05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
win, lose, or draw he's a horrible manager and is being paid a ridiculous amount of money

Sean_CaseyRules
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Just like what happened with EE earlier in the year.... I think they may have actually put it in as a play!!! :p: