PDA

View Full Version : Right Handed Pop

Hondo
05-19-2008, 01:14 PM
I have been reading about this Matt Holiday situation, and then was skimming over the ORG, and saw someone there mentioned Pirates OF Jason Bay...

This could be a doable Trade. He can hit for Power and Pittsburgh would Probably Trade him... Start with Homer Bailey and you probably have a deal...

In no way do I think he will command the Likes of Jay Bruce... If he does, I then pass, but a team like Pit would probably relish the idea of nabbing Bailey and his Prospect status full of Potential...

It would almost be a Hamilton for Volquez in reverse... But getting us a Badly needed Right Handed Clean Up hitter...

smoke6
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I have been reading about this Matt Holiday situation, and then was skimming over the ORG, and saw someone there mentioned Pirates OF Jason Bay...

This could be a doable Trade. He can hit for Power and Pittsburgh would Probably Trade him... Start with Homer Bailey and you probably have a deal...

In no way do I think he will command the Likes of Jay Bruce... If he does, I then pass, but a team like Pit would probably relish the idea of nabbing Bailey and his Prospect status full of Potential...

It would almost be a Hamilton for Volquez in reverse... But getting us a Badly needed Right Handed Clean Up hitter...

A divisional trade like that won't happen, IMO.

Orodle
05-19-2008, 02:44 PM
A divisional trade like that won't happen, IMO.

I agree. Divisional trades happen very seldom.

tommycash
05-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I agree. Divisional trades happen very seldom.

They don't happen too often, but they do happen. Eric Davis for Tim Belcher comes to mind. The Reds and Dodgers were in the old NL West.

Hondo
05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
What about Sean Casey to the Pirates for that really Bad Left Handed Pitcher... Dave Williams

Thanks Dan O'Brein

tommycash
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Or what about Randy Myers to San Diego for Bip Roberts in 1991

tommycash
05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Or Kal Daniels and Lenny Harris to the Dodgers for Tim Leary and Mariano Duncan in 1989

schmidty622
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM
I'd personally look at Juan Rivera in a trade. The angels have a glut of OFs and need some SP prospects and we have a few. He's a guy thats shown good talent in the past and at 29 in their system won't cost a ton.

smoke6
05-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Or what about Randy Myers to San Diego for Bip Roberts in 1991

I didn't say they never happen.:D

tommycash
05-19-2008, 03:29 PM
As much as I would love to do Bay for Bailey straight up, I don't think it will happen. I think Pitt will lock Bay up for a while. Although, they should give us Bay for Fogg, as they gave us Dave Williams for Casey and Fogg is as useless as Williams was.

schmidty622
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I could see giving up maybe Bailey and Valaika for Bay. GABP would help him a lot and that RH bat would do a lot for the Reds offense. I don't think that trade would ever happen though due to the relation of the pirates to the reds.