PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America's Mock Draft has the Reds taking...

44Magnum
05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
7. REDS. Projected Pick: AARON CROW. When Crow put together a 43-inning scoreless streak early in the season, he looked like the top candidate to go No. 1, and Cincinnati would be thrilled if he somehow made it this far. One rumor that won't die pairs the Reds with Florida high school righthander/shortstop/quarterback Casey Kelly, who would be a bit of a reach. Casey's father Pat manages the organization's Rookie-level Gulf Coast League affiliate.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/draft/mock-draft/2008/266117.html

Krovvy Red
05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
I'd certainly take Crow over Tim Melville. But I don't see Crow dropping to us.

Hondo
05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
I'd certainly take Crow over Tim Melville. But I don't see Crow dropping to us.

Aaron Crow even has a COOL Pitchers Name... Sounds Good to Me

Is Posey a Catcher?

Krovvy Red
05-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, Crow is a cooler name. But it's not hard to sound cooler than "Tim Melville". It just sounds like the last guy you want on the mound for you. "Alright, we're playing the Cubs tonight. Ah crap! Melville's going for us."

Of course no pitcher's name can be worse than Homer.

And yeah, Posey's a catcher. Quite a good one, too.

IowaRed
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
then again, Melville could be a whale of a player

Krovvy Red
05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
then again, Melville could be a whale of a player

I'm so mad I missed that one. Kudos to you, good sir.

44Magnum
05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Aaron Crow even has a COOL Pitchers Name... Sounds Good to Me

Is Posey a Catcher?

Posey was a SS until 2 years ago. Talk is he would have been a mid 1st rounder had he stayed at SS. He's a 5 tool guy.

bounty37h
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Awesome ending for me if we get Kelly (deosnt sound likely though), as I have followed his career the last year or so, there was a possibility of him coming to UNC to play his college ball, was recruited for F-Ball and baseball. I was disapointed when he ended up not coming here, but it would be cool to pick up on following him again with my fav baseball team.

Krovvy Red
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
I doubt he'll drop that far, but what if the Brewers got Kelly with their comp pick for Cordero? Doesn't mean anything, just ironic.

podgejeff_
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd rather have Cordero than a second round pick. The Draft is a crapshoot, Cordero is as solid a closer as you can have. You'd be lucky if you get a player in the second round with Cordero's impact.

Krovvy Red
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd rather have Cordero than a second round pick. The Draft is a crapshoot, Cordero is as solid a closer as you can have. You'd be lucky if you get a player in the second round with Cordero's impact.

I didn't mean it as a reflection on the Cordero signing. I just thought it would be ironic if we saw Kelly go somewhere else (which is going to happen anyway) as a result of something the Reds did.

Redus
05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Posey was a SS until 2 years ago. Talk is he would have been a mid 1st rounder had he stayed at SS. He's a 5 tool guy.

Hes all Bowden then