PDA

View Full Version : Nice move Dusty

lo ryder
05-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Leave Bronson in with no one warming up, then lift him for a pinch hitter. You are a genius and the Dodgers suck.

captainmorgan07
05-20-2008, 01:10 AM
i have begun to think the reds lose all track of their fundamentals when they had west. Every year it's the same song and dance when they go to the west coast. We don't pitch or field at all. Most time we hit enough to win but our pitching defense and baserunning prevents us from winning the games.

Nuxhall41
05-20-2008, 01:21 AM
A lot of bad and stupid baseball tonight all the way around...

Slyder
05-20-2008, 01:34 AM
I blame Jet lag that magnifies Dusty's craziness :D.

Orodle
05-20-2008, 01:59 AM
My only reasoning is that he wanted to bunt in that situation and Arroyo already layed one down earlier in the game.

Griffey012
05-20-2008, 02:22 AM
bring in cordero please, get weathers out, we need a K

05-20-2008, 02:40 AM
The logic behind leaving bronson in and letting him bunt, then taking him out is that you save a hitter off the bench. Why waste a ph I you are going to bunt?
That is a very common move now that eams only have 5 bench guys and seven relievers on most rosters.
I agree that you bring in cordero with runner on 3rd and less than two outs. No need to save him.

Slyder
05-20-2008, 02:46 AM
The logic behind leaving bronson in and letting him bunt, then taking him out is that you save a hitter off the bench. Why waste a ph I you are going to bunt?
That is a very common move now that eams only have 5 bench guys and seven relievers on most rosters.
I agree that you bring in cordero with runner on 3rd and less than two outs. No need to save him.

You already had him warming up why not go with your best reliever and give Dunn/Votto/EdE a chance to be the hero in the 10th with 3 of the dodgers more dangerous hitters coming up.

jhiller21
05-20-2008, 05:45 AM
You have to admit Cordero walks a lot of hitters, but there still isn't any reason to leave Weathers in there with the game on the line... former closer or not.

This year he has been very hittable. Give the game to Coco, it's what we pay him for.