PDA

View Full Version : Paging Juan Casto?

LouisvilleCARDS
05-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Maybe got rid of him too soon. Right now that .200 BA is looking pretty good for some decent fielding which cost us the game last night with three unearned runs.

Homer Bailey
05-20-2008, 04:06 PM
His defense was way overrated. That was the problem many redszoners had with him.

Orodle
05-20-2008, 04:09 PM
way too many redszoners dont know how to rate defense if they think Castro was overrated.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Overrated or not, I don't think he could do any worse than Hairston, who has started 6 games in the majors his entire career at that spot before being put in there, and Janish has just started there. Those air mails into the stands and dugout didn't look too good.

CySeymour
05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
way too many redszoners dont know how to rate defense if they think Castro was overrated.

Quite frankly, he just didn't get to that many balls anymore. At this point, Janish is a better defensive option and provides other advantages. Yeah, he made an error last night...but hey, Ozzie Smith made errors, too.

05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Quite frankly, he just didn't get to that many balls anymore. At this point, Janish is a better defensive option and provides other advantages. Yeah, he made an error last night...but hey, Ozzie Smith made errors, too.

His range has suffered, but he has always been automatic on balls he could get to. That is what the Reds needed last night.
Still, rather have Janish, and that is really who replaced him. I just hope that Hairston's performance last night convinced Dusty to start Janish almost every day. SS defense is too important.

Hondo
05-20-2008, 04:31 PM
What? Castro? No way... Glad he is gone

jmac
05-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, he made an error last night...but hey, Ozzie Smith made errors, too.

Great point.
Of course if Ozzie had made the error last night in a reds uni, posters here would be saying the same thing today.

Trace's Daddy
05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Let's give Janish a chance.

Hondo
05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Janish, no way... We should probably look into that ozzie smith guy...

tommycash
05-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I hope no one really thinks that by adding Castro, that it makes us better. Sorry, Paul Janish will do for me until Gonzales gets back. Just Say No To Castro!

CWRed
05-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Castro = extremely overrated in the field.

Castro=one of the worst hitters in major league history with a certain number of at bats (tried to look that number up but computer keeps locking up). But it's true. Just trust me. :cool:

Degenerate39
05-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I can't believe this is even being discussed. I'm glad Castro isn't with the Reds anymore not because he was a bad guy or anything but because he was a bad player. He may have been a good defensive player at one point but I never saw him do anything that great on defense in the last 2 years.

Hondo
05-20-2008, 09:42 PM
I can't believe this is even being discussed. I'm glad Castro isn't with the Reds anymore not because he was a bad guy or anything but because he was a bad player. He may have been a good defensive player at one point but I never saw him do anything that great on defense in the last 2 years.

Ditto

bubbachunk
05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
No it is why Janish should be playing short