PDA

View Full Version : Tonight we find out a lot about this team.

NorrisHopper30
05-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Do they crumble on the West Coast, or get back to the winning that we've seen lately?

I think tonight is one of the biggest games of the year so far..GO REDS!

GoReds33
05-20-2008, 10:15 PM
You're right. We need a win tonight. Let's bring it home.

Hondo
05-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Dude, Matt Beilsle is Pitching... How Optimistic can that Make you?

adampad
05-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Belisle starts are like bonus games. Great if you win, but ah well if you lose.

Hondo
05-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Belisle starts are like bonus games. Great if you win, but ah well if you lose.

Thats not a Bonus Game, I do not understand why they keep running the guy other there...

Of course, they keep running out Patterson too...

NorrisHopper30
05-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Dude, Matt Beilsle is Pitching... How Optimitic can that Make you?

I'm always optimistic, I can't stand negativity.

Then again, a lot of people can't stand my "homer" like attitude :D.

Slyder
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Corey Patterson cf
Paul Janish ss
Ken Griffey Jr. rf
Brandon Phillips 2b
Adam Dunn lf
Edwin Encarnacion 3b
Joey Votto 1b
David Ross c
Matt Belisle p

According to John Fay. Back to norm for Dusty... great no point catching the pregame until Patterson makes his pretty much guarenteed out, then the game can really start. I really wish Dusty would have his head surgically removed from his backside and realize Patterson blows regardless of "career norms" and that this isnt the 1970s and we have so much more information available even if you dont believe any of them completely.

Anyone figure out what good is speed if he is out by the time they introduce him?

bluesanta
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Corey Patterson cf
Paul Janish ss
Ken Griffey Jr. rf
Brandon Phillips 2b
Adam Dunn lf
Edwin Encarnacion 3b
Joey Votto 1b
David Ross c
Matt Belisle p

According to John Fay. Back to norm for Dusty... great no point catching the pregame until Patterson makes his pretty much guarenteed out, then the game can really start. I really wish Dusty would have his head surgically removed from his backside and realize Patterson blows regardless of "career norms" and that this isnt the 1970s and we have so much more information available even if you dont believe any of them completely.

Anyone figure out what good is speed if he is out by the time they introduce him?

Hey lay off Patterson, his average is over .200 now! Isn't that about what you want out of a leadoff hitter?

Slyder
05-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey lay off Patterson, his average is over .200 now! Isn't that about what you want out of a leadoff hitter?

I'm just going to walk away and go downstairs and punch the bag for 10 minutes before the game starts so I dont put myself in a position to get warned for language. :thumbup: LoL.

Jr's Boy
05-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Belisle better be on his game tonight or get his bags packed for Louisville.

Scott Botkins
05-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Hopefully Jr hits 600 soon or waltz business solutions is going to go bankrupt paying for advertising lol.

redhawk61
05-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Belisle better be on his game tonight or get his bags packed for Louisville.

he won't be on his way to louisville, he will be on his way to waivers with the canidates of :

Lehr
Shern
Bailey
Maloney

being brought up with their place at AAA being taken by Thompson

captainmorgan07
05-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Out of those 4 i'd like to see Maloney get a chance or Lehr not Bailey they way he's pitchign right now. That could really be detrimental to the kid if he comes up and gets shelled.

goreds2
05-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Dude, Matt Beilsle is Pitching... How Optimistic can that Make you?

He has retired 11 in a row thus far. ( NO JINX )

BluegrassRedleg
05-21-2008, 01:28 AM
The Dodgers had to laugh themselves to the dugout floor when they saw that lineup presented to them tonight. No other MLB club would trot out those hitters in the 1-3 holes and consider itself to be serious about winning. You can't. You won't see a worse top of the order in the major leagues this year, and probably not on some of the better AAA teams. Compound that with Belisle on the hill and Ross behind the plate. Geez, Louise.

All the great strides made on the homestand are about to go up in smoke on yet another excruciating West Coast trip. :(

Jefferson24
05-21-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm not sure who is hurting this team more Dusty and his joke of managing skills or the Reds defense. You add them together and this team is gasping for air.

44Magnum
05-21-2008, 10:20 AM
The Dodgers had to laugh themselves to the dugout floor when they saw that lineup presented to them tonight. No other MLB club would trot out those hitters in the 1-3 holes and consider itself to be serious about winning. You can't. You won't see a worse top of the order in the major leagues this year, and probably not on some of the better AAA teams. Compound that with Belisle on the hill and Ross behind the plate. Geez, Louise.

All the great strides made on the homestand are about to go up in smoke on yet another excruciating West Coast trip. :(

Great post. Dead on!

tommycash
05-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Out of those 4 i'd like to see Maloney get a chance or Lehr not Bailey they way he's pitchign right now. That could really be detrimental to the kid if he comes up and gets shelled.

Maloney has only had 3 good starts this season and even though he is starting to come around, he needs to stay in AAA.

Homer started off really strong, but has been struggling as of late. He needs to stay in AAA.

Shearn and Pettyjohn are not doing good enough in AAA to be brought up.

I suggest we cut Fogg and consider cutting Lincoln, and replace them with low-risk, low-rent, 30 year old Lehr (who is doing well in AAA), and Jon Adkins who is lights out in AAA. Just my opinion. And after last night, Belisle deserves another start or 2.

DTCromer
05-21-2008, 10:34 AM

The lineup wasn't that much different than they were during our win streak.

Red in Atl
05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Tonight we really, really find out about this team!;)