PDA

View Full Version : Vin Scully.......

Hey Meat
05-20-2008, 11:57 PM
is just wearing me out. My head is about to explode. Every time I watch the Reds vs. Dodgers this happens. He called Belisle Matt Mc Allen, He called Encarnacion Edgar Encarnacion. I am turning the sound off, I can't take it anymore:confused::confused::confused:

goreds2
05-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Are you listening on XM radio?

He has been announcing over 50 years.

CarolinaRedleg
05-21-2008, 12:14 AM
So what about this McAllen kid? Would he be a better pitching option than Belisle? :cool:

captainmorgan07
05-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Im still wondering why vince doesn't have a broadcast partner? Has he ever had one?

Blue
05-21-2008, 01:11 AM
is just wearing me out. My head is about to explode. Every time I watch the Reds vs. Dodgers this happens. He called Belisle Matt Mc Allen, He called Encarnacion Edgar Encarnacion. I am turning the sound off, I can't take it anymore:confused::confused::confused:

He must have poor hearing. To my grandfather, Arroyo is "Rono", Encarnacion is "Concepcion", Sean Casey was "Stacey".

Jr's Boy
05-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Meat, I guess you never listened to Joe Nuxall.Nuxie was great at names for the most part,but the latin players names he seemed to mispronounce at times, and were quite comical.God I miss Joe.

hebroncougar
05-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Vin Scully is one of the greatest announcers ever. Period. I don't care if he mispronouces names or not, the guy paints a picture with the words he uses, and I appreciate it. I turn on dodger games just to hear him announce sometimes if the Reds are over.

Hey Meat
05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Vin Scully is one of the greatest announcers ever. Period. I don't care if he mispronouces names or not, the guy paints a picture with the words he uses, and I appreciate it. I turn on dodger games just to hear him announce sometimes if the Reds are over.

I didn't say he wasn't great. He just wears on your ears. Always has.

Hey Meat
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Are you listening on XM radio?

He has been announcing over 50 years.

MLB.TV I didn't want to change my cable to Direct TV and my company doesn't carry MLB Extra Innings any longer.

Hey Meat
05-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Meat, I guess you never listened to Joe Nuxall.Nuxie was great at names for the most part,but the latin players names he seemed to mispronounce at times, and were quite comical.God I miss Joe.
Yeah I guess you are right, but Vin is going so fast, I think that is what gets me. If I were driving I think I would have motion sickness-he is going so fast.

Hondo
05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
So what about this McAllen kid? Would he be a better pitching option than Belisle? :cool:

He pitched better than Belisle has all year, 7IP, 2ER...

Hey Meat
05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Im still wondering why vince doesn't have a broadcast partner? Has he ever had one?

No need for one.

Orodle
05-21-2008, 03:45 PM

agree 100%

ThirdBaseCoach
05-23-2008, 03:46 PM

I agree 100%. Harry C in Chicago mispronounced names, said them backwards, etc. Harry was one of the best as well. Remember that baseball, and all sports, is nothing more than entertainment. Years ago, Don Drysdale did the White Sox games alone and he did a great job. Two or more guys in the booth is too many.

Vin has been the best for years, and will always be head and shoulders above anyone else on the air, period.