PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Draft

WVRed
05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I do have one trade. The Sonics are supposedly shopping their first rounder and I think Dantoni will salivate over Mayo running the offense. I don't see OJ getting past Memphis unless Minnesota somehow passes on Brook Lopez, so NY will hae to trade up to get him.

1.Chicago-Derrick Rose(PG-Memphis)
2.Miami-Michael Beasley(PF-Kansas St)
3.Minnesota-Brook Lopez(C-Stanford)
*4.New York-OJ Mayo(PG-USC)
5.Memphis-Danillo Gallinari(SF-Italy)
*6.Seattle-Jerryd Bayless(SG-Ari)
7.LA Clippers-Russell Westbrook(PG-UCLA)
8.Milwaukee-Eric Gordon(SG-Indiana)
9.Charlotte-Anthony Randolph(PF-LSU)
10.New Jersey-DeAndre Jordan(C-TexAM)
11.Indiana-Joe Alexander(SF-WVU)
12.Sacramento-DJ Augustine(PG-Tex)
13.Portland-Kevin Love(PF-UCLA)
14.Golden State-Chase Budinger(SF-Arizona)
15.Phoenix-Darrell Arthur(PF-Kansas)
16.Philadelphia-Donte Greene(PF-Syracuse)
17.Toronto-Chris Douglas-Roberts(SF-Memphis)
18.Washington-Kosta Koufous(PF-Ohio St)
19.Cleveland-Nicholas Batum(SF-France)
20.Denver-Maresse Speights(C-Florida)
21.New Jersey-Mario Chalmers(PG-Kansas)
22.Orlando-Javale McGee(C-Nevada)
23.Utah-Robin Lopez(C-Stanford)
24.Seattle-Jason Thompson(PF-Rider)
25.Houston-Bill Walker(SF-Kansas St)
26.San Antonio-Nathan Jawai(C-Australia)
27.New Orleans-Roy Hibbert(C-Georgetown)
28.Memphis-Courtney Lee(SG-Western Ky)
29.Detroit-Wayne Ellington(SG-UNC)
30.Boston-Joey Dorsey(PF-Memphis)

Razor Shines
05-22-2008, 11:39 PM
I care most about who the Pacers pick and most "experts" have them taking DJ Augustine "because they need a PG." The Pacers suck, they need to take the best player available and if Joe Alexander is still available I think he is the guy they should take at 11. So I agree with you there.

HumnHilghtFreel
05-23-2008, 01:09 AM
I think that the Twolves will take OJ Mayo at 3.

New York will probably take the Italian Gallinari now that Mike Dantoni is running the show.

I also think Miami may trade down and take Bayless

TeamSelig
05-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Don't see Indiana taking Joe Alexander. We have too much talent at the 3. Really hope we don't draft Augustin, but I could see that happening. I hate our draft position. I'd really love for Gordon to fall to us as we need a "star" Could see us drafting McGee but I think it is a bit of a reach.

I can't assume or predict trades, so I will do my mock without them. I look for Chicago to trade Tyrus or Gooden and draft B-Easy.

1.Chicago - F Michael Beasley
2.Miami - PG Derrick Rose
3.Minnesota - G OJ Mayo
4.Seattle - G Jerryd Bayless
5.Memphis - C Brook Lopez
6.New York - SF Danillo Gallinari
7.LA Clippers - SG Eric Gordon
8.Milwaukee - SF Anthony Randolph
9.Charlotte - C DeAndre Jordan
10.New Jersey - PF Kevin Love
11.Indiana - PG Russell Westbrook
12.Sacramento - PG DJ Augustine
13.Portland - SF Joe Alexander
14.Golden State - C Javale McGee
15.Phoenix - SG/F Chase Budinger
16.Philadelphia - PF Maresse Speights
17.Toronto - SF Nicholas Batum
18.Washington - PF Darrell Arthur
19.Cleveland- SG Chris Douglas-Roberts
20.Denver - PF Donte Greene
21.New Jersey - C Kosta Koufous
22.Orlando - C Roy Hibbert
23.Utah - C Robin Lopez
24.Seattle - PF Nathan Jawai
25.Houston - SF Bill Walker
26.San Antonio - C Alexis Ajinca
27.New Orleans - PG Mario Chalmers
28.Memphis - PF Jason Thompson
29.Detroit - SG/SF Courtney Lee
30.Boston - PF DJ White

TeamSelig
05-23-2008, 01:15 AM
I think that the Twolves will take OJ Mayo at 3.

New York will probably take the Italian Gallinari now that Mike Dantoni is running the show.

Agreed. Pretty much everyone in Minnesota is calling for Mayo with a few wanting BLopez. I have NY picking Danillo, but I think they might select EGJ too.

Johnny Footstool
05-23-2008, 01:59 AM
If Arthur falls to 18 and Chalmers falls to 27, there is a chance that both might return to KU next year. Neither has hired an agent. Arthur has said he will only go pro if he's projected in the top 15, and Chalmers wants to be in the top 20.

Of course, with the recent controversy surrounding Arthur, he'll probably go pro anyway.

WVRed
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
According to Chad Ford, Miami likes Mayo more than Beasley.

As for the TWolves, I think they should take Mayo over Lopez. They need a superstar to reshape the franchise after trading Garnett. Lopez is a Chris Kaman type player while Mayo is a Gilbert Arenas, the latter will sell you more tickets. That being said, I think McHale botches the pick.

bucksfan2
05-23-2008, 11:26 AM
According to Chad Ford, Miami likes Mayo more than Beasley.

As for the TWolves, I think they should take Mayo over Lopez. They need a superstar to reshape the franchise after trading Garnett. Lopez is a Chris Kaman type player while Mayo is a Gilbert Arenas, the latter will sell you more tickets. That being said, I think McHale botches the pick.

Mayo in Miami just seems like a recipe for disaster.

GoReds33
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't see how Beasley can slip past the top pick. He's easily the best player in the class, and a future superstar.

MasonBuzz3
05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
While Beasley is a big time talent and should be a great NBA player, finding a solid PF is a lot easier than finding an elite PG. If I was drafting for the Bulls I would take Rose and deal Hinrich for a C. The Bulls just took Noah in the 1st round last year and have about a dozen PF on their current roster.

Buckeye33
05-23-2008, 02:57 PM
If Arthur falls to 18 and Chalmers falls to 27, there is a chance that both might return to KU next year. Neither has hired an agent. Arthur has said he will only go pro if he's projected in the top 15, and Chalmers wants to be in the top 20.

Of course, with the recent controversy surrounding Arthur, he'll probably go pro anyway.

They will have to base that decision on what NBA people are telling them, they have to withdraw from the draft pretty soon I believe.

Yeah, they have to withdraw before June 16th, 10 days before the draft.

gm
05-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Expect Portland to trade out of the 13th pick. Pritchard is looking to add more athleticism in the backcourt and the Blazer's roster doesn't need to get any younger

Kevin Love isn't a fit, BTW. Alexander might be.

If Portland does draft at 13 it might be for someone else with the deal TBA after July 1

redsfanmia
05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Where is DJ White in your draft?

WVRed
05-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Mayo in Miami just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Agreed, but I would also agree with New York, which is where he would likely end up if Memphis doesnt take him.

DWade is a FA in 2009, so it will either be the OJ Mayo show in South Beach, or a ploy to give Wade another superstar to complement him.

I don't see how Beasley can slip past the top pick. He's easily the best player in the class, and a future superstar.

Not necessarily.

Beasley has a history of attitude problems, and is undersized for a PF. He is being compared to Carmelo but I don't see him having the same style of game. Carmelo is a slasher type of player while Beasley is more of a PF who can shoot the three. Problem is going to be size though, because Deng has SF all locked up.

The Bulls also are overloaded at PF with Gooden, Tyrus Thomas, and Joakim Noah. I know you are thinking they can deal one, but the market is full of PF's compared to PG's.

TeamSelig
05-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Rose only averaged like 14 PPG and 5.7 APG. His stock just "rose" in the tournament. Beasley was a monster all season long, and even had a better year than Durant did last year. Rose is great, but he isn't really a distribution-kinda PG. Hinrich is at the very least a great defender, where as Tyrus Thomas has disappointed the Bulls somewhat. Gooden does nothing to change your draft choice. Plus, with Hinrich's off year - his trade value is at an all time low.

Mayo over Beasley? HUGE mistake. Doubt it happens.

HumnHilghtFreel
05-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Rose only averaged like 14 PPG and 5.7 APG.

Stats aren't the best way to evaluate him, IMO. Memphis' system didn't help him out a lot.

guttle11
05-24-2008, 01:39 AM
While Beasley is a big time talent and should be a great NBA player, finding a solid PF is a lot easier than finding an elite PG. If I was drafting for the Bulls I would take Rose and deal Hinrich for a C. The Bulls just took Noah in the 1st round last year and have about a dozen PF on their current roster.

Elite PGs aren't what brings NBA titles, though. All-time transcendent stars and top of the era bigs do. Always take the big man when given the choice.

It's not likely that Beasley becomes an all-time legend, but him becoming one of the best bigs of his time are quite a bit better, given his all-around skill set.

The Bulls need a dominant big if they want to overtake Boston, Cleveland, or Detroit anytime soon. Hinrich won't bring the necessary top of the line big.

Betterread
05-24-2008, 01:23 PM
(Obviously excluding the top 2) I am really high on Mayo, Kevin Love, Joe Alexander, Russell Westbrook and Donte Greene being productive NBA players.
I really hope the Bulls take Beasley, and the Wolves take Mayo. I think those are good pairings. Rose with Miami concenrs me - he's talented but will he actually get a chance to run the team with Wade and Marion? Will he get a chance to shoot more than 10 times a game with those two and Ricky Davis?

1.Chicago - F Michael Beasley
2.Miami - PG Derrick Rose
3.Minnesota - G OJ Mayo
4.Seattle - C Brook Lopez
5.Memphis - PF Kevin Love
6.New York - G Jerryd Bayless
7.LA Clippers - SG Eric Gordon
8.Milwaukee - SF Danillo Gallinari
9.Charlotte - SF Joe Alexander
10.New Jersey - SF Anthony Randolph
11.Indiana - PG Russell Westbrook
12.Sacramento - PF Donte Greene
13.Portland - PG DJ Augustine
14.Golden State - C DeAndre Jordan
15.Phoenix -PF Darrell Arthur
16.Philadelphia - C Javale McGee
17.Toronto - C Robin Lopez
18.Washington - PF Maresse Speights
19.Cleveland- PF Nathan Jawai
20.Denver - SF Nicholas Batum
21.New Jersey - C Kosta Koufous
22.Orlando - SG Chris Douglas-Roberts
23.Utah - SG/F Chase Budinger
24.Seattle - C Roy Hibbert
25.Houston - SG Bill Walker
26.San Antonio - PF DJ White
27.New Orleans - SG Brandon Rush
28.Memphis - PF J. J. Hickson
29.Detroit - PF Jason Thompson
30.Boston - PG Mario Chalmers

cincrazy
05-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Rose only averaged like 14 PPG and 5.7 APG. His stock just "rose" in the tournament. Beasley was a monster all season long, and even had a better year than Durant did last year. Rose is great, but he isn't really a distribution-kinda PG. Hinrich is at the very least a great defender, where as Tyrus Thomas has disappointed the Bulls somewhat. Gooden does nothing to change your draft choice. Plus, with Hinrich's off year - his trade value is at an all time low.

I agree with you that Mayo shouldn't go ahead of Beasley. But I disagree with your assessment of Rose's game. I think he can be a star in the NBA. His stats were down because Memphis blew people out of the water most of the season, and has as much depth as any team in the country. If Rose was asked to score 20 a game and drop 10 dimes, he could have. But that's not what Memphis needed.

Personally, I'd take Rose over Beasley. The Hawks took Marvin Williams over Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Now, Beasley's game is way more refined than Marvin's ever was, but if you have a shot at a great point guard in today's game, you take him. And personally, I think Rose can be great.

Mayo on the other hand.... blah

TeamSelig
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Don't get me wrong - Rose is a great player and will probably have a stellar career. Beasley just fits better in Chicago than Rose IMO. I also don't see Rose becoming Paul/Deron. Chicago has a very nice "problem" though.

I'm not a fan of Kevin Love at all. I don't see him being athletic enough for the NBA especially considering a big part of his game is under the basket. See May, Sean.

WVRed
05-24-2008, 07:47 PM

At the same time, a top flight PG will have more of an impact on a team than a top flight SF/PF. Ask the Atlanta Hawks.:)

Rose fits the bill of a distribution PG when you compare him to Mayo, which is why Rose will be taken over him. He has a better chance of co-existing and setting up DWade than if the Heat opted for OJ. JMO, but I think Miami is preparing for life without Wade when the Knicks come calling in 2009.

RedsManRick
05-24-2008, 08:59 PM
I see Miami trading down a few spots, hoping to get Mayo and grab another body for the right to draft Beasley.

Chicago desperately needs an offensive plan. They've just been a disorganized mess, particularly due to the lack of a leader at point. With Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah down low, I think Rose is a shoe-in for them. Heinrich could be dealt as early as draft night.

I don't think there's any chance Koufous. He's 7'1" and has a nice skill set for a 19 year old. I simply don't see Brook Lopez that much better. I was Cleveland and he fell to me, I'd try and trade Big Z and change for Jermaine O'Neil, draft Koufous, and go from there.

MasonBuzz3
05-24-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't think there's any chance Koufous. He's 7'1" and has a nice skill set for a 19 year old. I simply don't see Brook Lopez that much better. I was Cleveland and he fell to me, I'd try and trade Big Z and change for Jermaine O'Neil, draft Koufous, and go from there.
count me in as a Cavs fan that would love to see Kosta in wine and gold. He has a similar skill set to a young Z, I'd love to keep the local kid around too. Cleveland might not have to worry about him bolting to Europe as much as other teams might as well

AtomicDumpling
05-24-2008, 11:08 PM
In my mind Beasley is by far the best player in the draft. He is the best player in the draft since LeBron. He is the only big man in the draft with can't-miss superstar written all over him.

There are plenty of guards to choose from this year. Mayo will be the best in year 1, but Rose and others will eventually pass him. I think Mayo's game is a little bit maxed out. He has already reached most of his potential. He is a couple years older than the other freshmen coming out this year. I hope we really does great though. I sure enjoyed watching him and Bill Walker in high school at North College Hill.

TeamSelig
05-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Beasley >>>>>>>> Marvin Wililams, etc.

There was sooooo much love for Durant last year, why no love for a guy who is better (IMO)?

WVRed
05-25-2008, 09:31 AM

There was sooooo much love for Durant last year, why no love for a guy who is better (IMO)?

And Durant was also taken second overall.:)

I have nothing against Beasley. He has the skills to be an excellent inside out player. I just think if you have to choose between a floor general and a wingman/post player you go with the former.

TeamSelig
05-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Sure. I think everyone wants a floor general over a wing/post and a big over everyone.

However, when the wing/post is the better player (not even close IMO) you run with it. You are drafting players not positions.

The Durant reference was about people who wanted him over Oden last season. Plus, Oden>Rose and Beasley>Durant.

cincrazy
05-25-2008, 06:28 PM

I completely agree with you that Beasley is way more polished than Williams ever was. Williams was based purely on athletic ability and potential, which is always a mistake (see: Thomas, Tyrus). And I also agree with you about Beasley going first to the Bulls. And I couldn't say that I disagree with that choice, they've been dying for a back to the basket player for years now.

I think Beasley will be an all-pro in the league for a long time, but if I was starting a team and had to pick one of them, I think I'd pick Rose. I like his chances of being a great point guard, and Chris Paul and Deron Williams are glowing examples of what great point guards can do to a franchise.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Rose is a dynamo and will lead the Bulls back to the Finals. They would be fools not to take Rose.

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I started my mock draft 4 days ago and i've only got ~10 picks done, i'm hoping to work on it a lot today and i'll post it here later.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Beasley is the pick. He's far and away the best player in this year's draft.

I honestly see him playing a 3-4 hybrid in the NBA, with emphasis on the 3.

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 07:55 PM
1) Bulls - Derrick Rose
2) Heat - Michael Beasley
3) TWolves - OJ Mayo
4) Seattle - Lopez
5) Memphis - DeAndre Jordan
6) NY - Eric Gordon
7) LAC - Jerryd Bayless
8) Milwaukee - Danilo Gallinari
9) Charlette - Kevin Love
10) Nets - Anthony Randolph

That's what i've got so far, i'm rethinking DJ Augustin to the Pacers..we'll see.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm telling you guys, Beasley is the consensus #1 pick. The Bulls are holding their cards close to the vest, but I guarantee you they choose Beasley if they don't trade the pick. The Rose talk is just a smokescreen.

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm telling you guys, Beasley is the consensus #1 pick. The Bulls are holding their cards close to the vest, but I guarantee you they choose Beasley if they don't trade the pick. The Rose talk is just a smokescreen.

How so? Hinrich is a joke of a PG and they already have TONS of depth at forward. Off the top of my head they have Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni. If they got Rose they'd have a legit playoffs lineup of

PG - Rose / Duhon or Hinrich (both of these are horrid PGs)
SG - Gordon / Hughes
F - Deng / Nocioni
PF - Thomas / Gooden
C - Noah

If they drafted Beasley they still have a mediocre PG, while if they draft Rose every other position is semi-legit to legit. That is one hell of a rebounding team along with 2 great guards in Rose and Gordon.

Give me Rose if i'm the Bulls.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Rose had a great tournament. That still doesn't put him in the same stratosphere as Michael Beasley in terms of overall talent and value to an organization. Replace Noah with Beasley, move Thomas to the Center position where he belongs, and Hinrich will be fine. Folks are writing off Kirk Hinrich WAY too prematurely.

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Rose had a great tournament. That still doesn't put him in the same stratosphere as Michael Beasley in terms of overall talent and value to an organization. Replace Noah with Beasley, move Thomas to the Center position where he belongs, and Hinrich will be fine. Folks are writing off Kirk Hinrich WAY too prematurely.

Hinrich will be fine? He's HORRID, he shoots under 40%, turns the ball over a ton and doesn't even dish it. He'll have a good game once a week or sometimes even two to give people hope, but at the end of the day he's a terrible PG.

Tyrus Thomas is a PF at most, he's closer to being a SF than a Center, the man is a 6'9 athletic forward, nothing more.

WVRed
05-25-2008, 09:06 PM

Read the rest of this thread.

Rose plays a system where he isn't going to shine. He could easily have had 20 pts and 10 assists, but he wasn't asked to do that. Tyrus Thomas is undersized for the center position like Beasley is for the PF slot. That would easily be the most undersized and abused frontcourt in the league.

If Rose isn't the pick, the Bulls deserve to lose for the next decade. You win with an elite PG, and Rose is exactly that. Thats not knocking Beasley, and I think he will do fine in Miami or Minnesota, but he doesnt fit the Bulls the way Rose does.

Betterread
05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=WVRed;1643383]You win with an elite PG, and Rose is exactly that. QUOTE]

I like Rose - but to call him elite is to ignore his jump-shot and his shooting range. He needs a lot of work in both those areas. If he doesn't succeed - he will be like Stephon Marbury - who my comp for him is.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 09:21 PM
How many teams over the past decade have won an NBA championship without an elite-caliber big man? I'll wait. ;)

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=WVRed;1643383]You win with an elite PG, and Rose is exactly that. QUOTE]

I like Rose - but to call him elite is to ignore his jump-shot and his shooting range. He needs a lot of work in both those areas. If he doesn't succeed - he will be like Stephon Marbury - who my comp for him is.

A jumpshot and shooting range is irrelevant at his age. Those will improve over time. He has everything one wants in a perennial All-Star. He WILL lead the Bulls back into the Finals.

WVRed
05-25-2008, 10:04 PM
How many teams over the past decade have won an NBA championship without an elite-caliber big man? I'll wait. ;)

And Beasley isn't an elite big man. As you said, he is a 3/4 hybrid.

But to answer your question, ill ask another one. How many of these teams featured a lead guard? Shaq had Kobe and DWade, Duncan had Tony Parker. And both the Bulls and Pistons never had a big time big man(Ben Wallace is defense only). You can also count the Heat if you consider Shaq was starting to disintegrate.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Disagree big time on your Shaq with the Heat comments when they won the Championship.

The NBA is still a big-man dominated league. The guards are important, but your chances of winning a championship w/o an elite caliber big-man are slim to none (the Pistons are an outlier).

WVRed
05-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Disagree big time on your Shaq with the Heat comments when they won the Championship.

The NBA is still a big-man dominated league. The guards are important, but your chances of winning a championship w/o an elite caliber big-man are slim to none (the Pistons are an outlier).

Either way, Beasley is not a big man. He is Kevin Durant.

If this were Greg Oden instead of Beasley, I would take Oden over Derrick Rose.

Revering4Blue
05-26-2008, 02:48 PM
O.K, I'll play.

1)Bulls-Derrick Rose PG

In the end, a package centered around Gordon/Hinrich is more likely to garner a big man than a top-flight PG. Plus, I'm beginning to buy WVRed's Kevin Durant comparison.:)

2)Heat-Michael Beasley F

No surprise, and insurance in the event Shawn Marion bolts.

3)Wolves-J. Bayless PG

Wolves select the best player available, and with three second round selections, may trade up to select a center.

4)Sonics-O.J Mayo G

Another scorer to team with Durant, Green and company.

5)Grizzlies- A. Randolph F

Surprised? You shouldn't be; Randolph has been described as a cross between Lamar Odom and Josh Smith. A no-brainer if you ask me.

6)Knicks- D. Gallinari F

D' Antoni gets his man; a versatile player who can initiate the offense.

7)Clippers- R. Westbrook G

Local hero fills the coveted combo-guard role.

8)Bucks- J. Alexander SF

Rapidly rising up the draft boards, Alexander provides another frontcourt gun. However, if any team will be wheeling-and-dealing, it will be the Bucks.

9)Bobcats- B. Lopez C

Bobcats cannot believe their good fortune and neither can I:confused:

10)Nets- E. Gordon G

Nets procede to accomplish two tasks:

Add to what may be a deep bench.

Break the hearts of Pacer fans everywhere.

11)Pacers- D. Jordan C

Hey, stop laughing. Jordan has the most upside of any center in the draft and is ideally suited for O'Brien's system.

12)Kings- D.J Augustin PG

How many 5-11 PGs have become NBA stars? Augustin will get his chance to prove the naysayers wrong.

13)Blazers- C. Budinger F/G

The most versatile player left on board.

14)Warriors- K. Love PF/C

The long wait is over for Mr. Love. His skills actually compliment Beidrens, Harrington and B. Wright, whom Nelson allowed to rot on the bench last season. Will he do the same with Love?

And the rest:

15)Suns- D. Arthur PF
16)76ers- J. McGee C/PF
17)Raptors- N.Batum F
18)Wizards- D. Greene F
19)Cavs- K. Koufos C/PF
20)Nuggets- M.Speights PF/C
21)Nets- J. Thompson PF
22)Magic- C. Douglas-Roberts G/F
23)Jazz- R. Lopez C
24)Sonics- R. Hibbert C
25)Rockets- W. Ellington G
26)Spurs- B. Rush G
27)Hornets- D. Jefferson SF
28)Grizzlies- N. Jawai C/PF
29)Pistons- J.J Hickson PF
30)Celtics-M. Chalmers PG

There you have it. Mock me if you will:D

Revering4Blue
05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Here is a link to all of the mock drafts on the web for your viewing pleasure. Man, this a deep draft.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/NBAMocks.htm

TeamSelig
05-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Umm... Hinrich shot 41% (45 the previous season). He is not horrid at all. He is also a GREAT defender and we know what wins championships, don't we?

Thomas has been frustrating so far in his short career. Next year is make or break for him. Gooden is nothing more then average at everything he does. Noah was just arrested for possession of marijuana. They could use an elite forward, moreso then a PG.

Also, how can you say that Rose could have EASILY scored 20-10? I understand that in a better system it would net better results, but to say that he could have better stats is not a logical response to him not having very good stats.

26.2 PPG 12.4 RPG 53% FG a little over a block and a steal per game... this guy is amazing

Beasley is not Durant, I was just comparing their excellent seasons. 25.8 PPG 11.1 RPG is what Durant posted. That is a slightly improvement, not to mention he is taller and is considerably stronger.

How do the Bulls deserve to lose if they don't pick Rose? That is a pretty ridiculous statement, especially considering if they went with BPA - it would be Beasley drafted 1st. I think you just have some sort of man crush on Rose.

NorrisHopper30
05-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Umm... Hinrich shot 41% (45 the previous season). He is not horrid at all. He is also a GREAT defender and we know what wins championships, don't we?

Thomas has been frustrating so far in his short career. Next year is make or break for him. Gooden is nothing more then average at everything he does. Noah was just arrested for possession of marijuana. They could use an elite forward, moreso then a PG.

Also, how can you say that Rose could have EASILY scored 20-10? I understand that in a better system it would net better results, but to say that he could have better stats is not a logical response to him not having very good stats.

26.2 PPG 12.4 RPG 53% FG a little over a block and a steal per game... this guy is amazing

Beasley is not Durant, I was just comparing their excellent seasons. 25.8 PPG 11.1 RPG is what Durant posted. That is a slightly improvement, not to mention he is taller and is considerably stronger.

How do the Bulls deserve to lose if they don't pick Rose? That is a pretty ridiculous statement, especially considering if they went with BPA - it would be Beasley drafted 1st. I think you just have some sort of man crush on Rose.
41% is nothing to write home about, along with his amazing 3 to 1 a/t ratio. Yeah he plays good defense but when he averages over 3 fouls per game in his career can you really trust him to be in the game in clutch moments at the end of the game to play defense? I'd much rather have Rose, he's a better leader, shooter, passer, and he'll be a smarter defender with time.

The only thing Hinrich has on Rose is FT%

If the Bulls were smart they'd trade Hinrich and draft Rose. I hear many teams are interested in him (which stuns me), i'd get rid of him in a second.

JayBruce4HOF
05-26-2008, 04:17 PM
41% is nothing to write home about, along with his amazing 3 to 1 a/t ratio. Yeah he plays good defense but when he averages over 3 fouls per game in his career can you really trust him to be in the game in clutch moments at the end of the game to play defense? I'd much rather have Rose, he's a better leader, shooter, passer, and he'll be a smarter defender with time.

The only thing Hinrich has on Rose is FT%

If the Bulls were smart they'd trade Hinrich and draft Rose. I hear many teams are interested in him (which stuns me), i'd get rid of him in a second.

Totally disagree.

I'll be amazed if the Bulls don't draft Beasley. They will, though, so I don't expect to be amazed. ;)

WVRed
05-26-2008, 09:38 PM

Thomas has been mismanaged. Hopefully whoever the Bulls get as coach knows how to use him in a hybrid defensive SF/PF. Gooden is a decent role player, and even then the Bulls can update via FA(Okafor, Brand). Noah being arrested for bam-bam might have an influence in the NFL, but unfortunately the NBA views it as street cred.

The Bulls also are going to need help at guard. I think Hinrich has been beaten to death, and they can also address the frontcourt by dealing him.(One rumor was to Denver for Marcus Camby) In addition, Luol Deng and Ben Gordon are free agents.

Rose played in a system at Memphis that did not require him to take over to star offensively. If he had played in Illinois or a different system, he would have had better stats. He could have done it, but with the Princeton offense, he was not asked to do it.

No argument from me. I do think he is the best player in the draft, but it is 1A and 1B between him and Rose.

Both have the inside/outside games, which is what I was referring to. They are also similar in that they play better outside the perimeter.

It's not man-crush, its picking the best player available to fill a critical need. The Hawks took Marvin Williams over CP3 and Deron Williams, who Derrick Rose is being compared to. They only made the playoffs after trading for Mike Bibby.

Mario-Rijo
05-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I am not sold that either player fits the Bulls perfectly. They both have warts, Rose (range and shooting ability), Beasley (undersized, not a good defender, character concerns). So my guess is that Pax is looking to find a good deal which suits their needs. Something like the following would be ideal for da Bulls in a perfect world.

Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas and the #1 pick for Al Jefferson and the #3 pick.

Hinrich, Noah and the #1 pick for Greg Oden and the 13th pick.

Granted these are both quite unlikely but it's what the Bulls will likely be looking for to trade the pick.

If they keep the pick odds are it's Beasley, although Pax loves good guards. 2002-2004 Jay Williams, Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon.

Revering4Blue
06-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Chase Budinger, Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are returning to school.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Early-Entry-Withdrawal-Deadline-Who-s-In-or-Out--703-EST--2929/

It looks like we'll have to compose new mocks.

NorrisHopper30
06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Chase Budinger, Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are returning to school.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Early-Entry-Withdrawal-Deadline-Who-s-In-or-Out--703-EST--2929/

It looks like we'll have to compose new mocks.
I'm going to wait till the night before I finish mine, everything is just changing too much..i've changed my mock 10+ times so far so i'm just pausing it for now.

klw
06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
1.Boston-Derrick Rose(PG-Memphis) in exchange for rights to PJ Brown
2.Boston-Michael Beasley(PF-Kansas St) in exchange for rights to S. Cassell
3.Minnesota-Brook Lopez(C-Stanford)
*4.New York-OJ Mayo(PG-USC)
5.Memphis-Danillo Gallinari(SF-Italy)
*6.Seattle-Jerryd Bayless(SG-Ari)
7.LA Clippers-Russell Westbrook(PG-UCLA)
8.Milwaukee-Eric Gordon(SG-Indiana)
9.Charlotte-Anthony Randolph(PF-LSU)
10.New Jersey-DeAndre Jordan(C-TexAM)
)

fixed it for you

WVRed
06-17-2008, 11:11 AM
fixed it for you

I wish.

TeamSelig
06-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I should have waited. At least until after the work outs. I'll probably end up doing another

WVRed
06-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Latest rumor:

DWade to the Bulls for the no 1, Tyrus Thomas, and Larry Hughes.

Miami would take Rose and Beasley with the picks.

Bulls get a superstar they are looking for, and the Heat rebuild in a big way.

Joseph
06-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Latest rumor:

As a Bulls fan, goodness I hope not. Wade seems fragile, like Grant Hill in the making.

TeamSelig
06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
PG Hinrich
SG Wade
SF Deng
PF Gooden
C Noah

That is a VERY good team. I'm not sure Miami does it though.

PG Rose
SG Hughes
SF Beasley
PF Marion
C Haslem

I guess they could trade Marion for a center. I'm not sure that any good bigs are available though.

NorrisHopper30
06-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Latest rumor:

Where do you see this?

My mock draft will be finished the night before...

WVRed
06-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Where do you see this?

My mock draft will be finished the night before...

I had read it on RealGM.com.

I may update mine tomorrow.

GoReds33
06-23-2008, 08:58 PM
PG Hinrich
SG Wade
SF Deng
PF Gooden
C Noah

That is a VERY good team. I'm not sure Miami does it though.

PG Rose
SG Hughes
SF Beasley
PF Marion
C Haslem

I guess they could trade Marion for a center. I'm not sure that any good bigs are available though.It can't be hard to find a big man to clog up space. Haslem isn't that guy, but maybe Tomic will slip down to their second round spot.

WVRed
06-23-2008, 09:53 PM
BTW, I would flip flop Matrix and Beasley. Marion is more suited for a SF while Beasley, despite size would be a better PF.

Another alternative since Mayo has been linked to Miami as well:

PG-Derrick Rose
SG-OJ Mayo
SF-Shawn Marion
PF-Tyrus Thomas
C-Udonis Haslem

MasonBuzz3
06-23-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm sort of close to the situation and I'm hearing that the Cavs will be pretty active Thursday. Look for Varejao to be dealt. Golden State is interested and there is a deal being discussed sending AV and #19 to GS for Brendan Wright, however the other pieces are still being discussed. Varejao's time in Cleveland is over and it's just a question of where he lands. Milwaukee remains interested in AV as well. Charlotte has expressed interest in the #19 pick, but a deal will be tough due to the inability to trade Varejao to Charlotte until Dec. 5. A three team deal with GS is being discussed, but nothing solid. The Cavs would really like to move up into the early lottery to grab a certain G that played a little ball in Cincinnati during his HS years, but they may be lacking the ammo to make such a move.
Theres a slight look into the Cavs front office from my sources. The only guarantee that I have is that the Cavs will buy a pick into the second round, possibly twice.

TeamSelig
06-24-2008, 12:07 PM
I dunno Beasley measured at like 6'7 didn't he? Marion is definitely more bulky so I just kinda assume he would guard opposing bigs.

Tomic might fall, but they'd still need a starting center. They could always sign Diop for the MLE, I guess.

TeamSelig
06-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm sort of close to the situation and I'm hearing that the Cavs will be pretty active Thursday. Look for Varejao to be dealt. Golden State is interested and there is a deal being discussed sending AV and #19 to GS for Brendan Wright, however the other pieces are still being discussed. Varejao's time in Cleveland is over and it's just a question of where he lands. Milwaukee remains interested in AV as well. Charlotte has expressed interest in the #19 pick, but a deal will be tough due to the inability to trade Varejao to Charlotte until Dec. 5. A three team deal with GS is being discussed, but nothing solid. The Cavs would really like to move up into the early lottery to grab a certain G that played a little ball in Cincinnati during his HS years, but they may be lacking the ammo to make such a move.
Theres a slight look into the Cavs front office from my sources. The only guarantee that I have is that the Cavs will buy a pick into the second round, possibly twice.

I've heard some JO to Cavs rumors. Snow+AV+19 for JO I think was the rumor. Not sure if I'm for that trade or not. (as Indy fan)

MasonBuzz3
06-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I've heard some JO to Cavs rumors. Snow+AV+19 for JO I think was the rumor. Not sure if I'm for that trade or not. (as Indy fan)

I know that there has been some discussion between the Cavs and Pacers, but the Cavs aren't very interested as of now. Whether you want to say that the Pacers are overvaluing O'Neal or the Cavs are undervaluing him, it seems unlikely that a deal will happen. O'Neal would be a good fit for the Cavs since they are in a win now situation, but he is viewed as an big injury risk by the Cavs.

As a Pacers fan you shouldn't be too worried about JO heading to Cleveland. I have heard the Raptors are a likely spot for him to land but I don't have ties to anyone in that front office to confirm

WVRed
06-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Sounds like the Cavs want OJ Mayo. The only way they would be able to score that high would be to part with LeBron, and I doubt that happes.

MasonBuzz3
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Sounds like the Cavs want OJ Mayo. The only way they would be able to score that high would be to part with LeBron, and I doubt that happes.

you would be correct. The Cavs have OJ Mayo rated at the top of the board with Derrick Rose. He would be about the perfect fit for Lebron and the Cavs. They were banking on the negative press and personality questions to move OJ back to the 6 spot, and then make a move with the Knicks to get that pick. But OJ has impressed in workouts and although he won't be a great fit in MIN, he's my pick for ROY

JayBruce4HOF
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Beasley is still the best player in the draft, as far as I'm concerned.

WVRed
06-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Beasley is still the best player in the draft, as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed, just don't think its the biggest need for the Bulls

2.Memphis(from Miami)-Michael Beasley(PF-K-St)
3.Minnesota-OJ Mayo(SG-USC)
4.Seattle-Jeryd Bayless(SG-Arizona)
5.Miami(from Memphis)-Kevin Love(PF-UCLA)
6.New York-Danillano Gallarni(SF-Italy)
7.Phoenix(from LA Clippers)-Joe Alexander(SF-WVU)
8.Milwaukee-Russell Westbrook(SG-UCLA)
9.Charlotte-Brook Lopez(C-Stanford)
10.New Jersey-Anthony Randolph(PF-LSU)
11.Indiana-Eric Gordon(SG-Indiana)
12.Sacramento-DJ Augustein(PG-Texas)
13.Portland-Brandon Rush(SG-Kansas)
14.Golden State-Darrell Arthur(PF-Kansas)
15.LA Clippers(from Phoenix)-Mario Chalmers(PG-Kansas)
16.Philadelphia-Maresse Speights(C-Florida)
17.Toronto-Kosta Koufous(C-Ohio St)
18.Washington-Robin Lopez(C-Stanford)
19.Cleveland-DeAndre Jordan(C-TexAM)
20.Denver-Jason Thompson(PF-Rider)
21.New Jersey-Donte Greene(SF-Syracuse)
22.Orlando-Chris Douglas-Roberts(SG-Memphis)
23.Utah-Roy Hibbert(C-Georgetown)
24.Seattle-JaVale McGee(C-Nevada)
25.Houston-JJ Hickson(PF-NC St)
26.San Antonio-Nicholas Batum(SF-France)
27.New Orleans-Ryan Anderson(PF-Cal)
28.Memphis-Serge Ibaka(PF-Congo)
29.Detroit-Bill Walker(SF-K St)
30.Boston-Courtney Lee(SG-WKU)

MasonBuzz3
06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Hibbert will be the pick at 19, if he's around and the Cavs have the pick.

GoReds33
06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
BTW, I would flip flop Matrix and Beasley. Marion is more suited for a SF while Beasley, despite size would be a better PF.
Could you imagine the mismatches that would create? Marion is so big that a SF, even one as athletic, would be at a big disadvantage. Beasley, though not big, plays big, and moves small. I think he would be the most athletic 4 in the league.

WVRed
06-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I should have mentioned the two trades:

Memphis gets: no 2 pick
Miami gets: Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, and no 5 pick

LA Clippers get: no 15 pick, Leandro Barbosa
Phoenix gets: Corey Magette, no 7 pick

Revering4Blue
06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
C-Udonis Haslem

Granted, he's no world-beater, but isn't Mark Blount still under contract?

I'm sort of close to the situation and I'm hearing that the Cavs will be pretty active Thursday. Look for Varejao to be dealt. Golden State is interested and there is a deal being discussed sending AV and #19 to GS for Brendan Wright, however the other pieces are still being discussed

The rumor that I heard was Al Harrington for Varejao.
We'll see.

Revering4Blue
06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
2.Memphis(from Miami)-Michael Beasley(PF-K-St)
3.Minnesota-OJ Mayo(SG-USC)
4.Seattle-Jeryd Bayless(SG-Arizona)
5.Miami(from Memphis)-Kevin Love(PF-UCLA)
6.New York-Danillano Gallarni(SF-Italy)
7.Phoenix(from LA Clippers)-Joe Alexander(SF-WVU)
8.Milwaukee-Russell Westbrook(SG-UCLA)
9.Charlotte-Brook Lopez(C-Stanford)
10.New Jersey-Anthony Randolph(PF-LSU)
11.Indiana-Eric Gordon(SG-Indiana)
12.Sacramento-DJ Augustein(PG-Texas)
13.Portland-Brandon Rush(SG-Kansas)
14.Golden State-Darrell Arthur(PF-Kansas)
15.LA Clippers(from Phoenix)-Mario Chalmers(PG-Kansas)
16.Philadelphia-Maresse Speights(C-Florida)
17.Toronto-Kosta Koufous(C-Ohio St)
18.Washington-Robin Lopez(C-Stanford)
19.Cleveland-DeAndre Jordan(C-TexAM)
20.Denver-Jason Thompson(PF-Rider)
21.New Jersey-Donte Greene(SF-Syracuse)
22.Orlando-Chris Douglas-Roberts(SG-Memphis)
23.Utah-Roy Hibbert(C-Georgetown)
24.Seattle-JaVale McGee(C-Nevada)
25.Houston-JJ Hickson(PF-NC St)
26.San Antonio-Nicholas Batum(SF-France)
27.New Orleans-Ryan Anderson(PF-Cal)
28.Memphis-Serge Ibaka(PF-Congo)
29.Detroit-Bill Walker(SF-K St)
30.Boston-Courtney Lee(SG-WKU)

I should have mentioned the two trades:

Memphis gets: no 2 pick
Miami gets: Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, and no 5 pick

LA Clippers get: no 15 pick, Leandro Barbosa
Phoenix gets: Corey Magette, no 7 pick

Nice job, WVRed. Interesting plausible deals, as well.
Should the afforementioned deals materialize, Gordon should fall to Indy. I'm not sold on Augustin, though. I'd rather see the Pacers go big than pin their hopes on a 5' 10" P.G.

FWIW, I'd also take D. Jordan ahead of Hibbert if I'm the Cavs.

MasonBuzz3
06-24-2008, 10:17 PM
FWIW, I'd also take D. Jordan ahead of Hibbert if I'm the Cavs.
Cavs view Jordan as a potential bust, he won't be the pick. Hibbert and then buy into the late 1st, early 2nd for Chris Douglas Roberts is the most likely scenario...if they keep the pick

The rumor that I heard was Al Harrington for Varejao.
We'll see.
AV for Harrington straight up won't happen. The market for AV is less than anticipated so AV will likely be paired with an expiring contract to maximize the return. His value is actually pretty low right now and his agent is really complicating things, it is not an ideal situation right now

WVRed
06-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Cavs view Jordan as a potential bust, he won't be the pick. Hibbert and then buy into the late 1st, early 2nd for Chris Douglas Roberts is the most likely scenario...if they keep the pick

IMO, Hibbert seems like a guy who could step in right away and produce for a team, but his ceiling isn't going to be very high. He might be a decent short term rotation guy, but I don't think he will have a future in the league. I think he hurt himself by returning for his senior year.

TeamSelig
06-25-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't see the W's trading Brandan Wright already.

I think I could see an expiring for a 1st rd pick trade going down with Cleveland.

Snow+2nd Rd pick for Kenny Thomas + 12th pick

Snow+AV+19th for Gaduriz+Mason+8th

Just some random ideas. So do you really think they will go with some draft picks? I always have them pegged to trade their expirings for a somewhat overpaid veteran player (kinda like a JO or something).

TeamSelig
06-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Also, what do the Cavs think of bringing in Jamaal Tinsley? Good player, questionable off court antics, injury risk, etc. He would make for a great offensive "spark" plus he is pretty solid defensively.

MasonBuzz3
06-25-2008, 12:35 AM
IMO, Hibbert seems like a guy who could step in right away and produce for a team, but his ceiling isn't going to be very high. He might be a decent short term rotation guy, but I don't think he will have a future in the league. I think he hurt himself by returning for his senior year.
I couldn't agree with you more. Which is why the Cavs are into him, win now. Hibbert will be a decent C in the future but no all star.

I don't see the W's trading Brandan Wright already.

I think I could see an expiring for a 1st rd pick trade going down with Cleveland.

Snow+2nd Rd pick for Kenny Thomas + 12th pick

Snow+AV+19th for Gaduriz+Mason+8th

Just some random ideas. So do you really think they will go with some draft picks? I always have them pegged to trade their expirings for a somewhat overpaid veteran player (kinda like a JO or something).

Two words, Michael Redd. I don't think it will happen Thursday, but the Cavs seem to be positioning themselves for a Redd trade, although my sources think it is unlikey until the deadline

MasonBuzz3
06-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Also, what do the Cavs think of bringing in Jamaal Tinsley? Good player, questionable off court antics, injury risk, etc. He would make for a great offensive "spark" plus he is pretty solid defensively.

I would say no to Tinsley. I feel most teams in the league agree, but he is not a fit with Cleveland. Never heard his name come up.

Tom Servo
06-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Since the Nets were going to abandon me by moving to Brooklyn now that I live in North Carolina I pledge my allegience to the Bobcats. I have a feeling they're going to make a move to get a veteran player that Larry Brown would like on draft day.

TeamSelig
06-25-2008, 11:42 AM
If I were them, I wouldn't trade my pick. I think Mayo goes to the T-Wolves which probably makes Brook Lopez fall all the way to them. That is pretty good considering at one point he was set at the 3rd pick.

Puffy
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
I think the top 6 falls like this

(1) Chicago - - Rose
(2) Miami - - Mayo
(3) Minnesota - - Beasley
(4) Sonics - - Westbrook
(5) Memphis - - Gallineri
(6) New York - - Gordon

I think Minnesota and Miami might flip picks so Beasley goes 2 and Mayo 3, I think the Sonics choose Westbrook over Bayless and I hear Memphis was wowed by the Italian's workouts.

NorrisHopper30
06-25-2008, 07:52 PM
I wiped my comp and forgot to save my Mock so I have to remake it.

GoReds33
06-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I think the top 6 falls like this

(1) Chicago - - Rose
(2) Miami - - Mayo
(3) Minnesota - - Beasley
(4) Sonics - - Westbrook
(5) Memphis - - Gallineri
(6) New York - - Gordon

I think Minnesota and Miami might flip picks so Beasley goes 2 and Mayo 3, I think the Sonics choose Westbrook over Bayless and I hear Memphis was wowed by the Italian's workouts.Mayo would be a great pick for Miami, especially if they can keep Wade. That team with Wade at PG, Mayo at SG, and Marion at 3 or 4, would win quite a few games. I think that Mayo could be the next Bryant.

TeamSelig
06-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Everything I've read has Bayless nearly guaranteed to Seattle and Love to Memphis. I read it on the internet so it has to be true. ;)

The Pacers finally traded Jermaine O'Neal.... to the Raptors for Ford, Rasho, and the 17th.

We are no longer compelled to draft PG so I think we draft whoever falls out of the top 10. (obviously)

Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Bayless, Love, Lopez, Gallinari, Alexander, Westbrook, Gordon, Randolph..... one has to fall... I think Indy fans are praying for Eric Gordon to fall.

With the 17th pick, I think we would like to grab Speights, although I think the Warriors take him with the 14th. I think Darrell Arthur would be possible. Then again, maybe we will grab one of the centers (Koufos/McGee/Jordan). I think if Jordan falls, we won't be able to resist.

Definitely makes things interesting to be a Pacers fan :)

Razor Shines
06-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Everything I've read has Bayless nearly guaranteed to Seattle and Love to Memphis. I read it on the internet so it has to be true. ;)

The Pacers finally traded Jermaine O'Neal.... to the Raptors for Ford, Rasho, and the 17th.

We are no longer compelled to draft PG so I think we draft whoever falls out of the top 10. (obviously)

Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Bayless, Love, Lopez, Gallinari, Alexander, Westbrook, Gordon, Randolph..... one has to fall... I think Indy fans are praying for Eric Gordon to fall.

With the 17th pick, I think we would like to grab Speights, although I think the Warriors take him with the 14th. I think Darrell Arthur would be possible. Then again, maybe we will grab one of the centers (Koufos/McGee/Jordan). I think if Jordan falls, we won't be able to resist.

Definitely makes things interesting to be a Pacers fan :)

I'd like to see Brook Lopez drop to the Pacers. I don't really see it though. I think Alexander is a real possibility and I like him a lot too.

WVRed
06-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I'd like to see Brook Lopez drop to the Pacers. I don't really see it though. I think Alexander is a real possibility and I like him a lot too.

I'm going to guess that Alexander is all but Milwaukee bound. The Bucks GM has taken a liking to him and his ability to speak Mandarin is all but going to help him blend in with Yi.

BTW, am I the only person surprised with the advancement of OJ Mayo? He has all the potential in the world, but the motivation is going to be what sets him back.

JayBruce4HOF
06-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't use my top ten pick on OJ Mayo, that's for sure. Everything about him screams unrealized potential, IMO.

NorrisHopper30
06-25-2008, 11:23 PM
1 Chicago Derrick Rose

2 Miami Michael Beasley

3 Minn OJ Mayo

4 Seattle Eric Gordon

5 Memphis Kevin Love

6 Knicks Russell Westbrook

7 LAC Jerryd Bayless

8 Milwaukee Joe Alexander

9 Charlotte Brook Lopez

10 NJ Nets Danilo Gallinari

11 Indiana Kosta Koufus

12 Kings Darrell Arthur

13 Portland Brandon Rush

14 Golden St Anthony Randolph

15 Phoenix Mario Chalmers

16 Philly DeAndre Jordan

17 Indiana(2) Roy Hibbert

18 Wizards DJ Augustin

19 Cavs Jason Thompson

20 Charlotte(2) JJ Hickson

21 NJ Nets(2) JaVale McGee

22 Orlando Chris Douglas-Roberts

23 Utah Mareese Speights

24 Seattle(2) Robin Lopez

25 Houston Donte Greene

26 SA Ryan Anderson

27 Portland (2) Nicolas Batum

28 Memphis Alexis Ajinca

29 Detroit Bill Walker

30 Boston Courtney Lee

MasonBuzz3
06-25-2008, 11:24 PM
BTW, am I the only person surprised with the advancement of OJ Mayo? He has all the potential in the world, but the motivation is going to be what sets him back.

I think that Mayo is the most NBA-ready player in the draft, and just behind Rose as the top player. I've already said that I think he will be the ROY. In all honesty, Mayo's attitude and motivation seem pretty much the norm in the NBA, so I wouldn't be all that concerned

MaineRed
06-25-2008, 11:43 PM
TeamSelig, the Pacers should follow your Celtics model if they want to find success.

1. Start someone at center who isn't NBA starter material. You've got Rasho now? Guess you got that one covered.

2. Find a key bench guy with an attitude problem.

3. Sign a back-up PG who clearly rubs people the wrong way.

4. Draft a PF who doesn't belong in the NBA.

5. Draft another PF who isn't any good in the second round.

6. Create one of the worst benches in the league.

You saw what happened to the Celtics when they put those six ingredients together.

WVRed
06-26-2008, 10:01 AM
TeamSelig, the Pacers should follow your Celtics model if they want to find success.

1. Start someone at center who isn't NBA starter material. You've got Rasho now? Guess you got that one covered.

You saw what happened to the Celtics when they put those six ingredients together.

Didn't help they had the Big 3 and a pass-first PG to set them all up.

WVRed
06-26-2008, 10:04 AM
If I were Indiana, I would hope that Anthony Randolph falls to 11, and DeAndre Jordan makes it to 17. Both are raw and would take time to develop, but the frontcourt would be very imposing in a couple of years.

Only problem is, O'Brien likes an uptempo game, which is why JO never worked out during his time with Obie.

TeamSelig
06-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Took you long enough :) I've been waiting for you. I couldn't remember your screen name and was too lazy to look it up or I would have called out for ya.

Celtics bench still didn't impress me, although it really didn't matter if they played well or not with their starting lineup.

What are you guys going to do without Posey? Looks like you will have to give him the full 5 year MLE or he will likely sign with a different team.

TeamSelig
06-26-2008, 12:09 PM
If I were Indiana, I would hope that Anthony Randolph falls to 11, and DeAndre Jordan makes it to 17. Both are raw and would take time to develop, but the frontcourt would be very imposing in a couple of years.

Only problem is, O'Brien likes an uptempo game, which is why JO never worked out during his time with Obie.

From things I've read, Bird doesn't really want to mess with projects. This would eliminate Randolph and Jordan.

However, he's really been a BPA-kinda guy. I think if Randolph is one from the top ten that falls to us, we'll go ahead and select him. With the 17th, I think we are more likely to try & grab a guy like Hibbert or something.

TeamSelig
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't use my top ten pick on OJ Mayo, that's for sure. Everything about him screams unrealized potential, IMO.

He has a "superstar" ego that will push him to become an all star NBA player IMO.

flyer85
06-26-2008, 12:57 PM
He has a "superstar" ego that will push him to become an all star NBA player IMO.as well as the size, athleticism and talent.

MasonBuzz3
06-26-2008, 03:23 PM
A couple of things from the Cavalier front office:
Seattle and LA Clippers swap first round picks and Seattle picks up LA's #1 next year

and

There is a proposed deal between NJ and MIL that would send Jefferson to MIL and Yi and Simmons to NJ.

and
multiple teams are negotiating with Memphis for the 5th pick, including the Cavs. The Cavs are also in discussion with Portland about the 13th pick, likely for Rush.

Puffy
06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
A couple of things from the Cavalier front office:
Seattle and LA Clippers swap first round picks and Seattle picks up LA's #1 next year

and

There is a proposed deal between NJ and MIL that would send Jefferson to MIL and Yi and Simmons to NJ.

and
multiple teams are negotiating with Memphis for the 5th pick, including the Cavs. The Cavs are also in discussion with Portland about the 13th pick, likely for Rush.

The Seattle/Clippers deal is contingent on OJ Mayo being gone. If he makes it to 4 then Seattle keeps the pick. So its not a completely done trade just yet.

MasonBuzz3
06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
The Seattle/Clippers deal is contingent on OJ Mayo being gone. If he makes it to 4 then Seattle keeps the pick. So its not a completely done trade just yet.

Heat take Mayo at 2, then deal him and Marion out to LA for Brand and the 4. What I've heard. The T'Wolves are looking like they are gonna steal Beasely at 3.

NorrisHopper30
06-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Heat take Mayo at 2, then deal him and Marion out to LA for Brand and the 4. What I've heard. The T'Wolves are looking like they are gonna steal Beasely at 3.

Nope.

3 for 3!

OJ to the Wolves

BuckeyeRed27
06-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Eric Gordon to the Clippers!
I must just renew my season tickets now.

HumnHilghtFreel
06-26-2008, 08:24 PM
guessing it's lopez to the bobcats here

Revering4Blue
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I cannot believe that Bayless lasted this long.

Good week for the Pacers!

A shot-blocking C/PF at #17 is now a priority.

NJReds
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Fredric Weis
Maciej Lampe
Danilo Gallinari

I love being a Knicks fan. :rolleyes:

WVRed
06-26-2008, 11:16 PM
I cannot believe that Bayless lasted this long.

Good week for the Pacers!

A shot-blocking C/PF at #17 is now a priority.

Yep, then they trade Bayless for Brandon Rush and Jarrett Jack.

WVRed
06-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I would say the Nets have had the best draft day, even with trading Richard Jefferson. They have added two big men in Brook Lopez and Ryan Anderson, as well as CDR, plus they have Yi Jinlain to boot.

New Fever
06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
I would say the Nets have had the best draft day, even with trading Richard Jefferson. They have added two big men in Brook Lopez and Ryan Anderson, as well as CDR, plus they have Yi Jinlain to boot.

I would say Portland had the best draft. To get Jerryd Bayless and Darrell Arthur is huge for that franchise. Bayless was rumored in the 4-8 range and Arthur was rumored to be late lottery and they got him at 27. I can't believe teams didn't pick him because of kidney issues, when he passed all of the team physicals.

TeamSelig
06-27-2008, 01:03 AM
UGHHH WHY DID WE TRADE BAYLESS!?!??!!?!

He was supposed to be a Top 5 pick... he falls to us and we trade him for a guy who barely should have been a top 20 pick :( Oh wait, we get a back up point with basically no potential. Considering we will have TJ Ford now, what is the point? We also lose out on Diogu who was basically our only backup PF.

MasonBuzz3
06-27-2008, 01:17 AM
The T'Wolves didn't hold onto OJ Mayo for too long. Minnesota has agreed to trade him, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker, and Greg Buckner to Memphis for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, and Jason Collins. Bunch of huge contracts involved in that one

HumnHilghtFreel
06-27-2008, 01:26 AM
The Blazers are a young talent FACTORY right now. It's really truly incredible.

The Nets also had a very strong draft.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Cavs' pick of Hickson. He seems kind of like a raw guy who won't contribute much right away. I was hoping they'd grab Arthur while he was in freefall mode. Oh well.

BuckeyeRed27
06-27-2008, 01:27 AM
The T'Wolves didn't hold onto OJ Mayo for too long. Minnesota has agreed to trade him, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker, and Greg Buckner to Memphis for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, and Jason Collins. Bunch of huge contracts involved in that one

I really don't get this trade. But when Memphis is involved nothing really needs to make sense.

MasonBuzz3
06-27-2008, 01:30 AM
might want to add Kevin McHale to the lack of sense. It really seems like Mayo for Love and Mike Miller, with a bunch of bad contracts going back and forth. Minnesota must think that Jefferson can play the 5 with Love at the 4. and now Memphis has a load of guards, but no real good bigs

WVRed
06-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I would say Portland had the best draft. To get Jerryd Bayless and Darrell Arthur is huge for that franchise. Bayless was rumored in the 4-8 range and Arthur was rumored to be late lottery and they got him at 27. I can't believe teams didn't pick him because of kidney issues, when he passed all of the team physicals.

Arthur was then shipped for Batum, so all in all a good draft regardless.

I think Boston silently had a great draft if everything works out. Giddens has the talent to step in and be a quality rotation player if he can keep his head into it. If they keep Bill Walker and he can develop, he can be a spark off the bench.

As for the trade, I think Kevin Love is going to be the biggest bust in the entire draft. He isn't athletic enough to play in the league, and I think people are going to try to justify Kevin McHale comparisons in Minnesota.(McHale, a Minnesota prodigal son, trades for him). That and Mayo is going to basketball's wasteland in Memphis. I do think the presence of Mike Conley will help make Mayo into a better scorer.

NorrisHopper30
06-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Minnesota looks good now..wow.

Mayo
Jefferson
Love

New Fever
06-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Minnesota looks good now..wow.

Mayo
Jefferson
Love

Mayo was traded for Love.

New Fever
06-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Arthur was then shipped for Batum, so all in all a good draft regardless.

I think Boston silently had a great draft if everything works out. Giddens has the talent to step in and be a quality rotation player if he can keep his head into it. If they keep Bill Walker and he can develop, he can be a spark off the bench.

As for the trade, I think Kevin Love is going to be the biggest bust in the entire draft. He isn't athletic enough to play in the league, and I think people are going to try to justify Kevin McHale comparisons in Minnesota.(McHale, a Minnesota prodigal son, trades for him). That and Mayo is going to basketball's wasteland in Memphis. I do think the presence of Mike Conley will help make Mayo into a better scorer.

Memphis is a city that loves basketball and supports winners. If the Grizzlies start winning people will come out just like the Hornets experienced in New Orleans last year. I do agree that it looks bad right now though trading your franchise player for Darrell Arthur, Javaris Crittenden and Kwame.

WVRed
06-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Memphis is a city that loves basketball and supports winners. If the Grizzlies start winning people will come out just like the Hornets experienced in New Orleans last year. I do agree that it looks bad right now though trading your franchise player for Darrell Arthur, Javaris Crittenden and Kwame.

Only thing that concerns me with Mayo and Memphis is the media market. OJ has always had a taste for the spotlight and he wouldn't be getting the attention as if he were playing in Minnesota, LA or New York.

I'm not doubting the fan base, but the overall team in Memphis. If I had to predict, Mayo will be the no 1 free agent in 2013.

MaineRed
06-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Say what you want about McHale, Love was the guy he wanted all along but he knew Mayo could score him another asset. Getting the guy he wanted PLUS Mike Miller is a huge coup for the T-Wolves. He also got rid of cancerous Antoine Walker. Now he needs to find a new home for Mark Blount.

McHale takes a lot of flak, including from people who claim he should get a ring from the Celtics but he got a future, perennial all star in Al Jefferson for KG when most teams are truly forced to give away players like Garnett.

WVRed
06-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Say what you want about McHale, Love was the guy he wanted all along but he knew Mayo could score him another asset. Getting the guy he wanted PLUS Mike Miller is a huge coup for the T-Wolves. He also got rid of cancerous Antoine Walker. Now he needs to find a new home for Mark Blount.

McHale takes a lot of flak, including from people who claim he should get a ring from the Celtics but he got a future, perennial all star in Al Jefferson for KG when most teams are truly forced to give away players like Garnett.

Yep, only problem I see with Love is that people from Minnesota are going to label Kevin McHale comparisons that simply are not there. It was a smart trade by McHale to fill a couple of needs, but I think overall Love will likely be another Christian Laettner at best, except without the size. If he is successful, it will be as a role player for the next 10-12 years and not as the face of a franchise.

guttle11
06-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Yep, only problem I see with Love is that people from Minnesota are going to label Kevin McHale comparisons that simply are not there. It was a smart trade by McHale to fill a couple of needs, but I think overall Love will likely be another Christian Laettner at best, except without the size. If he is successful, it will be as a role player for the next 10-12 years and not as the face of a franchise.

Absolutely, and that's a big problem. He essentially drafted a Brad Miller ceiling type player 3rd overall. That's doomed to be viewed as a fail from the start, and is the kind of thing that will cost him a spot in many FOs in the future (after he assuredly is fired in Minnesota within two years) when Love likely falls short of the Brad Miller level. And Mike Miller? Nice enough player, when healthy. He'll be hurt by Christmas, though.

It's going to be worse when Mayo is averaging 17, 5 and 5 in pretty short order.

MasonBuzz3
06-28-2008, 01:43 AM
I think the main issue some people have with the deal is that now Minnesota has two big men that aren't exactly great defenders. Jefferson is a 4 forced to play inside at the 5 now, and will have some problems with the elite 5's in the league. Love is a solid 4, but it will be seen if he has the quickness to guard many of the top 4's in the association. I'm in the camp that Love will never really be anything special in the NBA, I hope the kid proves me wrong but I'm not seeing it, so maybe my perception is a bit clouded.

MaineRed
06-28-2008, 05:48 AM
I think the main issue some people have with the deal is that now Minnesota has two big men that aren't exactly great defenders. Jefferson is a 4 forced to play inside at the 5 now, and will have some problems with the elite 5's in the league. Love is a solid 4, but it will be seen if he has the quickness to guard many of the top 4's in the association. I'm in the camp that Love will never really be anything special in the NBA, I hope the kid proves me wrong but I'm not seeing it, so maybe my perception is a bit clouded.

There are two elite Cs in the league who could be described as hard to guard, Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. The other 28 are a heckuva lot easier for Al Jefferson to guard than all the 4s in the league. KG, Dirk, Marion, Sheed, Jamison, Boozer, West, Aldridge, Gasol, etc, etc, etc.

I don't disagree the Wolves are set up to have a bad defender at the 4 but Jefferson can handle Kendrick Perkins, Sam Dalenbert, Big Z and Antonio McDyess just fine.

MaineRed
06-28-2008, 05:53 AM
And Mike Miller? Nice enough player, when healthy. He'll be hurt by Christmas, though.

It's going to be worse when Mayo is averaging 17, 5 and 5 in pretty short order.

Why is Mike Miller going to be injured by Christmas? He has played in at least 70 games in each of the past 4 years.

17-5 and 5? Those are essentially Mike Miller's numbers.

guttle11
06-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Why is Mike Miller going to be injured by Christmas? He has played in at least 70 games in each of the past 4 years.

Fair enough.

17-5 and 5? Those are essentially Mike Miller's numbers.

Miller's not a rookie. Mayo is likely to be putting those number up at some point this season, and should only get better. OJ Mayo may have been everything that was wrong with amateur basketball off the floor, but on the floor he's been NBA ready for about 2 years. He is that good.

Hoosier Red
06-28-2008, 10:38 AM
UGHHH WHY DID WE TRADE BAYLESS!?!??!!?!

He was supposed to be a Top 5 pick... he falls to us and we trade him for a guy who barely should have been a top 20 pick :( Oh wait, we get a back up point with basically no potential. Considering we will have TJ Ford now, what is the point? We also lose out on Diogu who was basically our only backup PF.

I'm apparantly alone, but I like this deal.

They were pretty high on Rush throughout. They now have a good defensive pg in Jack. They'll have Foster, Nasterovic, Hibbard and Murphy at the forward positions.

I'm thinking they're going to deal Dunleavy. Then you're looking at Ford, Rush, Granger, Murphy and Nasterovic as your starting 5.
And you actually have a bench. No more Diener time!

And at the end of the year, hopefully you can sign a big time big man.

MaineRed
06-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Right, Miller isn't a rookie. Which is great because the T-Pups need more than just rookies. Miller will put up OJ Mayo numbers without having a circus following him around. Not saying Mayo won't be good but a dumb GM would have just taken Love 3 and called it good. Instead McHale took the guy with the most value, traded him for the guy he realy wanted while also landing a pretty solid wing in the deal. Now instead of Rashard McCants and Corey Brewer, you have a guy who will give you a consistent 15 PPG each night.

Betterread
06-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Right, Miller isn't a rookie. Which is great because the T-Pups need more than just rookies. Miller will put up OJ Mayo numbers without having a circus following him around. Not saying Mayo won't be good but a dumb GM would have just taken Love 3 and called it good. Instead McHale took the guy with the most value, traded him for the guy he realy wanted while also landing a pretty solid wing in the deal. Now instead of Rashard McCants and Corey Brewer, you have a guy who will give you a consistent 15 PPG each night.

Shooting:
MIller is one of the NBA's best shooters. Mayo looks like he will be a good shooter, but he's not played an NBA game yet.
For Defense:
Miller is a poor defender. Mayo looks like he will be a good defender. See above for experience, however.

Ball handling
Mayo is far superior. There are two big weaknesses in this area, that a lot of scouts have identified. Mayo does not have a quick first step. In the NBA, that is the thing. For Mayo, its why I think he will never be a star. The other thing is: he thinks he's a point guard, but he's not shown why he should be a PG. You're not a PG when you commit 10 TOs in a game (UCLA). That will be a problem for any team he plays for. Its going to be all or nothing with Mayo. That's too bad, because I like his game and I was very disappointed the Wolves traded him. The Wolves need a star. Big Al is a great player but he's not a star and I don't think he will be. Miller won't demand star treatment and won't demand a certain number of touches. He can start or he can come off the bench.

Overall the Wolves will improve with this trade but they still need a star.

MaineRed
06-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm not arguing that Miller is better than Mayo. My point is on top of Mike Miller the Wolves also came out of the draft with the exact guy they wanted (if reports are true). You can't beat that.

TeamSelig
06-28-2008, 12:27 PM
In
- Miller 2 yrs
- Cardinal 2 yrs
- Collins 1 yr
- Love

Out
- Mayo
- Walker 3 yrs (expiring?)
- Jaric 3 yrs
- Buckner 3 yrs

Swapped bad contracts, but got much shorter ones. Buckner has a small deal, so its not really all that bad. Jaric is a decent roleplayer, but doesn't play up to his contract at all. Walker is surely nothing special anymore. I'm not sure about his contract though... I could swear that he was an expiring. If he is an expiring, this is a pretty bad deal for MN, IMO.

Meanwhile, they bring in Mike Miller who is a pretty good player. Collins is a stiff. Cardinal is virtually worthless.

2 bad contracts who can play a little OR 2 guys with shorter bad contracts who cant play

Miller is a very solid player, but is MN really ready to try & win now? They lose out on the potential of Mayo. I'm not sure it would be worth it to me.

MaineRed,

"Now he needs to find a new home for Mark Blount."

He was traded to Miami. Not sure if you missed that last season, or if you're talking about something else.

TeamSelig
06-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm apparantly alone, but I like this deal.

They were pretty high on Rush throughout. They now have a good defensive pg in Jack. They'll have Foster, Nasterovic, Hibbard and Murphy at the forward positions.

I'm thinking they're going to deal Dunleavy. Then you're looking at Ford, Rush, Granger, Murphy and Nasterovic as your starting 5.
And you actually have a bench. No more Diener time!

And at the end of the year, hopefully you can sign a big time big man.

Jack put up 12 & 5 last season with full time minutes. He is nothing to write home about. He may be a decent defender, but I haven't heard that he is some kind of superior defender... although I'll admit I haven't seen him play much. How good defensively is he?

Foster, Nesterovic, and Hibbert are centers. Murphy is pretty much a center in our system.

I don't see Rush starting in his rookie season. He'll probably get the minutes his brother got last season. We don't normally play rookies a ton of minutes in their first season. However, I read that Hibbert is able to play right away. As for dealing Dunleavy, I'm pretty sure Bird publicly stated that Granger and Dunleavy were untouchable. So I don't think we will trade MDJ unless we are blown away by a trade (we won't be).

HumnHilghtFreel
06-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Jack put up 12 & 5 last season with full time minutes. He is nothing to write home about. He may be a decent defender, but I haven't heard that he is some kind of superior defender... although I'll admit I haven't seen him play much. How good defensively is he?

Foster, Nesterovic, and Hibbert are centers. Murphy is pretty much a center in our system.

I don't see Rush starting in his rookie season. He'll probably get the minutes his brother got last season. We don't normally play rookies a ton of minutes in their first season. However, I read that Hibbert is able to play right away. As for dealing Dunleavy, I'm pretty sure Bird publicly stated that Granger and Dunleavy were untouchable. So I don't think we will trade MDJ unless we are blown away by a trade (we won't be).

Jarett Jack is a very good player. He can score in bunches when he's hot and is a pretty strong defender. Excellent guy to have coming off the bench behind TJ Ford. I think you'll be pretty happy with what he brings to the pacers.

TeamSelig
06-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Still though... Jerryd Bayless

Hoosier Red
06-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Call me crazy, I just wasn't that impressed with Bayless.
It wasn't anything objective, but I just don't have a good feeling about him.

The Pacers were looking for more finished products even if they had lower ceilings.

With O'brien's system, there's probably going to be a fair amount of small ball as well with one of the lumbering 4 along with PG, Dunleavy, Granger, and Rush all seeing the floor.

Much like McHale taking Mayo and trading him. The Pacers drafted the guy with the most value, than traded him for the guy they had been eyeing all along and got some extra stuff.