PDA

View Full Version : Doc hit the nail on the head last night on WLW...

44Magnum
05-23-2008, 12:52 PM
The Reds can only score via the long ball. Until they change the makeup of the team, they will continue to play softball.

captainmorgan07
05-23-2008, 01:09 PM
The reds are built for GABP plain and simple. This is why they struggle on the road so badly on the offensive end. To many homerun hitters and not enough contact driven guys. It really shows now that keppinger is out of the lineup.

Nasty_Boy
05-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

The only reason they score via the long ball is because they are so poor at getting on base. If this team had more guys on base, they would score more runs. This team puts together terrible at bats and Dusty's hack (don't base clog) philosiphy is leading to the runs not scoring. Dunn and Phillips, and to a lesser extent , Jr, Edwin, and Votto have found a way to drive runners in from 3rd base when contact means a run. The problem is the lineup is constructed so badly that guys aren't on base for Dunn and BP to drive them in. The scoring inning is usually the 2nd because Dunn and Phillips get the ball rolling. Even when Dunn was hitting 7th, Edwin and Joey get on base pretty well and Dunn was driving them home. How many time on this road trip has Dunn came to the plate in an RBI situation? I can only think of 3 and he either drove in the run or walked... If guys were on base this team would score.

aerontg
05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
The Reds can only score via the long ball. Until they change the makeup of the team, they will continue to play softball.

It must have been a long time, because for as long as I can remember the Reds have relied on the long ball. At least dating back to the year Junior became a Red.

44Magnum
05-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

The only reason they score via the long ball is because they are so poor at getting on base. If this team had more guys on base, they would score more runs. This team puts together terrible at bats and Dusty's hack (don't base clog) philosiphy is leading to the runs not scoring. Dunn and Phillips, and to a lesser extent , Jr, Edwin, and Votto have found a way to drive runners in from 3rd base when contact means a run. The problem is the lineup is constructed so badly that guys aren't on base for Dunn and BP to drive them in. The scoring inning is usually the 2nd because Dunn and Phillips get the ball rolling. Even when Dunn was hitting 7th, Edwin and Joey get on base pretty well and Dunn was driving them home. How many time on this road trip has Dunn came to the plate in an RBI situation? I can only think of 3 and he either drove in the run or walked... If guys were on base this team would score.

You proved my point! If guys don't get on, then you have to hit the long ball to score.

redsfanmia
05-23-2008, 03:05 PM
It must have been a long time, because for as long as I can remember the Reds have relied on the long ball. At least dating back to the year Junior became a Red.

And since Junior has been a Red they have been bad. The year before Jr. they had a fast team that played good defense and won 96 games.

Hondo
05-23-2008, 03:11 PM
And since Junior has been a Red they have been bad. The year before Jr. they had a fast team that played good defense and won 96 games.

The Reds pitching then wasnt that good anyway... Who was the Big Winner that year? Pete Harnisch?

Moosie52
05-23-2008, 03:26 PM
When did the Reds decide that guys with .300 batting averages aren't necessary? Was it after Larkin left? :)

Ghosts of 1990
05-23-2008, 04:47 PM

The Reds were not a bad team in 2000.

Orodle
05-23-2008, 05:06 PM

Agreed

Nuxhall41
05-23-2008, 06:08 PM
When did the Reds decide that guys with .300 batting averages aren't necessary? Was it after Larkin left? :)

You're right, the Reds can't hit or pitch, but at least they make up for it with poor defense. :beerme:

redsfanmia
05-23-2008, 06:09 PM
The Reds were not a bad team in 2000.

True, but then they ran Trader Jack out of town and they were terrible.

HUHUH
05-24-2008, 09:10 PM
True, but then they ran Trader Jack out of town and they were terrible.

And remember who was behind Jack's firing? Remember who left the team before the last game was over? "I'm taking my ball and going home" Griffey and Larkin. Larkin was a clubhouse sore and Griffey is a cancer. Good riddance when he is gone.

mroby85
05-25-2008, 01:23 AM
i'd just like to say that Doc is an idiot, and i hate even listening to his show, it's bad in a way that not many shows with interesting topics are.