PDA

View Full Version : What The?!?

Boston Red
05-24-2008, 12:17 AM
That attempted double steal by the Reds with two outs in the 6th and Dunn at the plate is one of the all-time worst calls I've ever seen. Even if it's successful you take the bat out of Dunn's hands, and he's one of the only guys in this atrocious lineup who can hurt you.

Brutal.

Nuxhall41
05-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Unwatchable - Freel getting caught off second as well. And then in the previous inning, you had Dunn getting caught in a rundown even after Hairston stepped out of the box and the ump had called time. Dunn still went. Nice awareness. I've never seen that before.

Nuxhall41
05-24-2008, 12:40 AM
The squeeze. :thumbup: My God, it keeps getting better.

Boston Red
05-24-2008, 12:42 AM
The squeeze was only a slightly less terrible call.

ED44
05-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Freel could be the worst baserunner I have ever seen. He never ceases to amaze me if he gets on base.

Red in Atl
05-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Freel could be the worst baserunner I have ever seen. He never ceases to amaze me if he gets on base.

it drives me crazy...i just dont care what he hits for average, he ruins half of his hits with his baserunning

Blue
05-24-2008, 01:59 AM
He managed like Baker tonight. Just awful.

Kingspoint
05-24-2008, 02:29 AM
That attempted double steal by the Reds with two outs in the 6th and Dunn at the plate is one of the all-time worst calls I've ever seen. Even if it's successful you take the bat out of Dunn's hands, and he's one of the only guys in this atrocious lineup who can hurt you.

Brutal.

The Padres announcers basically called Baker an idiot for making that call and for the squeeze play attempt tonight, or whoever was managing for the REDS tonight.

ChatterRed
05-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Who WAS managing the Reds tonight? Castellini? ;)

roby
05-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Freel and Patterson are the two dumbest players in MLB! :(

jmac
05-24-2008, 11:54 AM
If I have a fairly hot hitter at plate who puts bat on ball then why squeeze?
Double Steal ? Another head scratcher.
Bako continuing to start vs lefties...:confused:
Patterson continuing to start period.. :confused:

I have not been that critical of Baker except for Corey but some of these moves are becoming more and more mind-boggling !

Hondo
05-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Golly Gee, the Reds win one and everyone still bashing the team?

Stupid calls, yeah, but being aggresive is still way better than waiting on a Homer to save the day...

Wait, thats what Won the Game...

Kingspoint
05-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Golly Gee, the Reds win one and everyone still bashing the team?

Stupid calls, yeah, but being aggresive is still way better than waiting on a Homer to save the day...

Wait, thats what Won the Game...

You need to ask the Padres announcers that one. It's not often you hear opposing announcers call the other team's manager an idiot.

Hondo
05-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Chris Speier was the acting Manager...

05-24-2008, 03:45 PM
In Hal's blog, Speier implied that Patterson went on his own.

roby
05-24-2008, 03:49 PM
How are so many people missing it? Dusty is not the idiot...He is working with what he's got. Freel and Patterson are the two that are being idiotic...getting picked off nearly eveytime they get on base in a crucial situation, getting thrown out at third with two outs and your hottest hitter at the plate, dropping fly balls, etc.

I know that neither of these two guys are lead-off hitters, but, on this current team, who WOULD you lead off with? There really isn't a good top of the lineup hitter in the bunch! So why blame Dusty?!?!

Hondo
05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Patterson is Dustys Boy, the only reason your Cincinnati Reds Payroll is 3 Million too much this year is because of Dusty brining this guy in...

Freel. He is a worthy guy to have off the bench.

Blue
05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
How are so many people missing it? Dusty is not the idiot...He is working with what he's got. Freel and Patterson are the two that are being idiotic...getting picked off nearly eveytime they get on base in a crucial situation, getting thrown out at third with two outs and your hottest hitter at the plate, dropping fly balls, etc.

I know that neither of these two guys are lead-off hitters, but, on this current team, who WOULD you lead off with? There really isn't a good top of the lineup hitter in the bunch! So why blame Dusty?!?!

Because he starts a guy with a .250 OBP and bats him leadoff.

ChatterRed
05-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Because he starts a guy with a .250 OBP and bats him leadoff.

:beerme:

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Since this is a thread about mental errors and such, I thought this would be the best place to put this.

11 Walks, 10 Hits and a HBP, and they score only 5 runs. They are still struggling to score.

I don't mind if Janish leaves 9 men on base, as his defense is worth it. There were no errors tonight. Only had to get 3 outs every inning. I'm typing this without knowing the results of Janish's at-bat in the 9th tonight.