PDA

View Full Version : Power Bat

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 01:07 AM
With Dunn on a hot streak, Votto blasting homeruns, and Junior's quest for 600 getting the attention as the REDS' power bats, it's Brandon Phillips who will again lead this team in extra-base hits and total bases when all is said and done this year.

He is the best player on the REDS when you consider his combination of defense and hitting and speed.

Phillips is going to have to swing for that homerun in his next at-bat to complete the cycle tonight.

( I typed this before I knew that he had hit his 12th Double of the year. )

Krivsky: the gift that keeps on giving.

Lockdwn11
05-25-2008, 01:24 AM
I was just talking about this very thing today with my bother in law and I don't think there is any question in my mind that BP is the best Baseball player on this team. Im also starting to wonder if Joey Votto isn't the second best.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 01:59 AM
He didn't get the cycle, but it was a great at-bat...laying off of 3 balls that were low and not trying to jack one of them.

On the season, Phillips has 24 extra-base hits already, while Votto has 18 and Dunn has 17. Junior, a shadow of his former self, has only 12. Junior needs to go back to the AL. You'd think if Jockety and Baker "want to win", they'd have the best players in the lineup. Bruce should be here. He'd be 2nd on the team in extra-base hits if he was. Encarnacion has 18. With Phillips Triple, Double, and Single tonight, he now has 100 Total Bases. Dunn is 2nd with 77, Votto 3rd with 76 (including his homerun tonight), and EE is 4th with 75. Kepp and Junior are tied for 5th with 66.

Hondo
05-25-2008, 09:10 PM
He didn't get the cycle, but it was a great at-bat...laying off of 3 balls that were low and not trying to jack one of them.

On the season, Phillips has 24 extra-base hits already, while Votto has 18 and Dunn has 17. Junior, a shadow of his former self, has only 12. Junior needs to go back to the AL. You'd think if Jockety and Baker "want to win", they'd have the best players in the lineup. Bruce should be here. He'd be 2nd on the team in extra-base hits if he was. Encarnacion has 18. With Phillips Triple, Double, and Single tonight, he now has 100 Total Bases. Dunn is 2nd with 77, Votto 3rd with 76 (including his homerun tonight), and EE is 4th with 75. Kepp and Junior are tied for 5th with 66.

If Jocketty and Baker wanted to win, Corey Patterson would not be allowed with the team anymore, let alone to go 7 AB's today...

It is almost like Dudepick is putting him out there hoping CP turns it around so Dusty is justified in brining him in...

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Phillips also leads the team in Stolen Bases....which is what I thought CP was brought in here to do.

Hondo
05-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh my, Power Bats? Josh Banks just pitched 6 Shut out Innings....

jmac
05-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Phillips also leads the team in Stolen Bases....which is what I thought CP was brought in here to do.
I'm sure if Corey can ever figure out how to steal first, he will lead the team.

Billy_Bearcat
05-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Oh my, Power Bats? Josh Banks just pitched 6 Shut out Innings....

That would be: recently claimed off waivers Josh "Cy" Banks

Hondo
05-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm sure if Corey can ever figure out how to steal first, he will lead the team.

Corey Patterson shouldn't be allowed the Honor to wear the same Jersey as Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Johnny Bench, or Barry Larkin...

The guy is, I don't have the word or words...