PDA

View Full Version : Dusty is back!!! (5/25)

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Corey Patterson cf
Jerry Hairston Jr. ss
Ken Griffey Jr. rf
Brandon Phillips 2b
Adam Dunn lf
Javy Valentin 1b
Eddie Encarnacion 3b
David Ross c
Matt Belisle p
v. RH Greg Maddux

Corey leading off and no Votto! Unreal!

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Freel hits .290 off Maddux.... no need for him to lead off.

captainmorgan07
05-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Valentin is 8-23 career lifetime against maddux with 4 dingers. I can't really complain about him in there with those numbers. Patterson is a completely differnt story. Freel has been hitting very well lately no reason to put patterson back in the lineup.

BEETTLEBUG
05-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Freel and Votto should be playing Patterson should be sitting. Baker's lineup is a JOKE.

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Valentin is 8-23 career lifetime against maddux with 4 dingers. I can't really complain about him in there with those numbers. Patterson is a completely differnt story. Freel has been hitting very well lately no reason to put patterson back in the lineup.

Why use "Career number" rationale with the 1B position and not the same with the CF? How much longer is this going to go on? I can't take it!

05-25-2008, 03:27 PM
While Freel may hit better than Patterson, he is such a liability on the bases and in the field, that I would rather have Patterson in CF, no matter how crazy that sounds.
Now I would really rather have Bruce, or pretty much anyone else than those two, but trust me, Freel is no better than Patterson.

Fullboat
05-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Maybe this Patterson's last day a CF as Bruce gets the call from here on out.:pray:

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Maybe this Patterson's last day a CF as Bruce gets the call from here on out.:pray:

Please don't tease me boat.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Dusty's back?

That's too bad. Maybe he can find a way to get suspended for the year.

They did win both games without him. Not a coincidence.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Dusty's back?

Hairston at SS?

Patterson leading off?

This sucks! REDS will definitely lose the game.

There's better things to do on Memorial Weekend anyway.

Patterson goes 0-4, Hairston makes an error.

Dusty trys to sqeeze Junior home with Dunn at bat.

IrishDavidKY
05-25-2008, 04:13 PM
This is nothing new for Dusty Baker. It's a trait everywhere he's been. Just mention his name in Chicago.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 04:16 PM
This is nothing new for Dusty Baker. It's a trait everywhere he's been. Just mention his name in Chicago.

Tell me about it. I saw what a horrible manager he was when he was in San Francisco.

At least the REDS have an owner now who wants to win. He's just not very bright about how to do it.

_Sir_Charles_
05-25-2008, 04:47 PM
What are the odds that Patterson goes 4 for 5 with a dinger and a sensational play in center. Just enough to justify NOT dfa'ing him. I can just see it happening. *sigh*

NarrowStairs
05-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Dusty would be a good bench coach -- good for player morale. But when it comes to in-game decisions --- I hope he dies.

tommycash
05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I almost fell out of my seat when I heard Grande say this during today's game in San Diego:

"Dusty really wants to win this game. He just sent Mike Lincoln to warm up in the bullpen."

Dusty really wants to win and Mike Lincoln is the answer.

TheBigLebowski
05-25-2008, 05:38 PM
You simply don't put Mike "Launching Pad" Lincoln and Matt Belisle in games that you expect or want to win. It's antithetical.

I'm tired of posting about those two. It's blatantly obvious that they're both horrible pitchers and do not belong on a major league roster, which is why they're Cincinnati Reds.

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Dusty is going to try and get through the whole game just with pitchers that don't belong on a major league team. Corey Patterson will be coming in to the game in the 7th to face Giles and Gonzo.

jfleur87
05-25-2008, 05:46 PM
way to go lincoln?

killuminati35
05-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Dusty would be a good bench coach -- good for player morale. But when it comes to in-game decisions --- I hope he dies.

The thought of Patterson leading off makes me want to vomit just as bad as anybody else (and I realize you are exaggerating), but that is a little much, don't you think?

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Patterson goes 0-4, Hairston makes an error.

Dusty trys to sqeeze Junior home with Dunn at bat.

So far, so good. Has Dusty tried to squeeze Junior home, yet with Dunn at bat?

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 05:56 PM
It's bad when you want your leadoff hitter to get to the plate to make the last out to make sure he doesn't lead off the next inning. It's like a pitcher hitting up there.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Pack your bags and clean out your locker, Patterson.

Hitting under .140 since April 10th w/ no walks in May in about 60 PA's.

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Make it 0-6. I would say see ya Corey, but sending him packing would be a sensible decision, something this management does very little of.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Not to nitpick, but I get sick and tired of seeing Junior treated like he can still field his position. There's no reason to remove Dunn from the game any more than there is to remove Junior. At this point in their careers, Dunn is a better fielder. He covers a lot more ground. There's no reason for Dusty not to have moved Hairston to RF and left Janish in to play SS in the bottom of the 10th instead of leaving two player who are extremely poor at their positions to field them in Janish at SS and Junior in RF.

It's like watching Indiana Jones (Junior) in Right Field at this point in Jones' career.

foxfire123
05-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Josh Fogg.... Pass the Advil.

*headdesk* *headdesk*

Foxfire

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Not to nitpick, but I get sick and tired of seeing Junior treated like he can still field his position. There's no reason to remove Dunn from the game any more than there is to remove Junior. At this point in their careers, Dunn is a better fielder. He covers a lot more ground. There's no reason for Dusty not to have moved Hairston to RF and left Janish in to play SS in the bottom of the 10th instead of leaving two player who are extremely poor at their positions to field them in Janish at SS and Junior in RF.

It's like watching Indiana Jones (Junior) in Right Field at this point in Jones' career.

Junior is far and away the worst player at fielding his position on the Reds (well, neck and neck with David Ross :thumbdown).

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Ken Griffey Junior is a negative influence on this club. He can't hit and he turns more outs into hits and more singles into doubles and triples than any player on the team.

Really, it's like watching Harrison Ford do Indiana Jone's again. I loved the movie, but, my God, he is old.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Not to mention he does the reverse when he's the one on the basepaths. :(

Hondo
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey does anyone know why Votto was sat against Maddux? The guy had a helk of a Game yesterday and now DuDepick sits him????

What the???

NorrisHopper30
05-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey does anyone know why Votto was sat against Maddux? The guy had a helk of a Game yesterday and now Dusepick sits him????

What the???

Valentin was 8 for 24 lifetime with 4 home runs vs Maddux before the game.

captainmorgan07
05-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Valentin was 8-23 against Maddux coming into the game with 4 dingers i think that's why he's in the lineup.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Valentin was 8-23 against Maddux coming into the game with 4 dingers i think that's why he's in the lineup.

You can't use that logic because then Patterson wouldn't be in the lineup.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 08:27 PM
You can't use that logic because then Patterson wouldn't be in the lineup.

That's called Dusty logic. :laugh: You only apply stats when they back up what you're going to do anyway. :(

Hondo
05-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Could Valentin not have caught the game and had Joey in there?

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 08:37 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice try CP. Votto should have know he would have had to hit a homerun.

Blue
05-25-2008, 08:59 PM
How many times have Dusty's stupid double switches come back to haunt this team?!?!?! He keeps doing it! He should be fired immediately upon returning to Cincinnati. What an idiot. Worse than Bob Boone, but still has the "Genius as work" sign on his office door. I'll bet he made more objectively bad managerial moves in this game than all the managers in all the other games today combined.

FIRE DUSTY BAKER.

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Edwin got his hit before CP!

:)

Kingspoint
05-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Got to give HP Umpier Cousins some props today for haning in there and to Ross for catching 16 innings...so far.

Hondo
05-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, and he brings in Freel toPinch hit, and sits AD instead of Moving CP to the Bench and putting Freel is Center...

Uses Patterson, and Fogg... What a JOKE!!!!

Thanks Josh Fogg... for helping Volquez to a LOSS.... Jerk!

Blue
05-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh, and he brings in Freel toPinch hit, and sits AD instead of Moving CP to the Bench and putting Freel is Center...

Uses Patterson, and Fogg... What a JOKE!!!!

Thanks Josh Fogg... for helping Volquez to a LOSS.... Jerk!

Yeah, you have to bring in a defensive replacement for Dunn, but under no circumstance may you pinch hit for Corey Patterson. He's been burned on these double-switches a lot this season.

He's got to go.

This game with filled with mismanagement from the time he filled out the lineup card til the 9th inning when he had done pretty much all the damage he could do by makes those double switches. He would have made some more mistakes but fortunately for him there are only so many moves you can make with a 25-man roster. The effect of his mistakes was felt for the next nine innings, though.

They shouldn't let him on the team plane for the flight home. Make him hitchhike back. It would give him more time to "stare into space and think about the batting order".

Newman4
05-25-2008, 10:37 PM
While Corey Patterson seems to be getting much of the hate for this loss. How about the bonehead move of Dusty throwing Fogg out there with a two-run lead? If Bray is available, why not pitch Bray?

TheBigLebowski
05-25-2008, 10:37 PM
This road trip:

With Dusty: 0-5

Without him: 2-0.

Blue
05-25-2008, 10:53 PM
While Corey Patterson seems to be getting much of the hate for this loss. How about the bonehead move of Dusty throwing Fogg out there with a two-run lead? If Bray is available, why not pitch Bray?

Well, in fairness to Patterson and Fogg, its not his fault that Dusty keeps running Patterson out there in the leadoff spot or that he brought Fogg in in that situation.

Maldez
05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
I was giddy when the Reds got the 2-run lead in the 11th....I'm thinkin' "ballgame". Then I hear Josh Fogg will be pitching in the bottom of the inning and I cringe. Then I think "Why ???" Any other pitcher on the staff could have held that lead but old Fugg, and that's who Baker trots out there.

And takin' out the hottest hitter on the team, Adam Dunn, when he did was another imbecilic move by Baker.

This loss was all Baker's. Anybody else notice that the only two games we won on the road trip were the one's Baker was sitting out ?

Homer Bailey
05-25-2008, 11:59 PM
It's time for the local media to start puttin some pressure on dusty to start makin more popular decisions.

Blue
05-26-2008, 01:21 AM
Forget about whether or not the decisions are popular. The moves aren't good. That's the problem. I don't think Dusty can tell the difference between a good and bad move. The pressure needs to be on Jocketty and Castellini to give him a pink slip.

FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Maldez
05-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Isn't Baker under contract for 4 years? That's a mighty big gulp for a small market team to take. Not that I'd mind seeing old wood-sucker sent packin'.

Blue
05-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Isn't Baker under contract for 4 years? That's a mighty big gulp for a small market team to take. Not that I'd mind seeing old wood-sucker sent packin'.

3 yr/$10.5 million, I do believe. I think Walt Jocketty probably has enough clout with Castellini to go to him and say "we can't be as successful as we can be with a circus clown as the manager". That's probably what it will take.

Newman4
05-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, in fairness to Patterson and Fogg, its not his fault that Dusty keeps running Patterson out there in the leadoff spot or that he brought Fogg in in that situation.

You're right. It's not the players fault if they're put into situations which exploit their deficiencies.

hebroncougar
05-26-2008, 08:56 AM
How can any player on this team (especially a pitcher) have any respect whatsoever for Baker? The rotation is blown for the week, if not longer. What were players discussing on the plane ride home? And who in god's name is the bench coach, and do they have any say in how the bullpen is used? This is utterly unbearable to watch. Most, if not all, the predictions of Baker's mismanagement of a team have come to fruition.

TheBigLebowski
05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I'd post a thoughtful and detailed reply to this post except that I suspect it's soon to be moved to the other Baker thread.

Hondo
05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
* I read this in the ORG*

Blitz Dorsey

OK, I was wrong. I liked Dusty when he was hired and still like him to some extent. At least he's a good people person, good with media and not a complete jerk like a Marvin Lewis. But I absolutely see 100 percent what his detrators say about him. I don't agree 100 percent, but I understand.

My opinion has certainly changed for the worse. His stubborn refusal to do things with the lineup that my 10-month old daughter could figure out is at the top of the list. I'm obviously talking about NEVER batting Patterson leadoff (or never batting Patterson at all) never batting Janish second and rarely if ever batting Griffey third. You know, little things like the 1-2-3 spots in the Reds' batting order. It's almost like Dusty the Clown places zero emphasis on the three most important spots in the batting order -- the three players that are going to get the most at bats on your team if they receive consistent playing time.

I laughed when I saw the Indians were batting Dave Dellucci in the 3 hole in every game in Cincinnati (or maybe it was 2 out of 3) but that was somewhat out of necessity. Can you imagine what opposing managers must think when they see Patterson/Janish/Griffey or Patterson/Hairston/Griffey when they see the lineup card? They must want to send Dusty a gift basket or something.

:beerme: * The Gift basket part was Hilarious * :beerme:

Crowther
05-26-2008, 10:54 AM
"After last night's debacle" all Reds fans can hope for is that Walt Jocketty is the real deal and that he takes control of this organization and begins to move it in the right direction.

Hondo
05-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Mark McGwire, Jim Edmonds, Scott Rolen, Will Clark, Larry Walker, Mark Mulder...

I think Walt is the kind of "Player Getter" I want in control.

IrishDavidKY
05-26-2008, 11:09 AM
While I agree that Baker was brutal, the blown save by Cordero hurt. I totally agree that the rotation will be screwed up for a week or longer, but the good news is, Cory Patterson will be back in center and leading off. :)

macro
05-26-2008, 02:44 PM
I'd post a thoughtful and detailed reply to this post except that I suspect it's soon to be moved to the other Baker thread.

...and you would be correct... :D