PDA

View Full Version : Dear Walt, Do Something!

Redus
05-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok so far Walt's Tenure as GM has sucked. He has not gotten rid of Fogg who is nothing but a waste of a spot. He better be cutting Patterson and calling up Bruce as it is a No Brainer. Belisle sucks and yet Old Walt is sitting on his hands. Come on and do something. Bring in a decent 5th starter, cut Fogg and Patterson, Bring up Bruce and either Mallet or Herrera. BUT DO SOMETHING:thumbdown

Blue
05-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Ok so far Walt's Tenure as GM has sucked. He has not gotten rid of Fogg who is nothing but a waste of a spot. He better be cutting Patterson and calling up Bruce as it is a No Brainer. Belisle sucks and yet Old Walt is sitting on his hands. Come on and do something. Bring in a decent 5th starter, cut Fogg and Patterson, Bring up Bruce and either Mallet or Herrera. BUT DO SOMETHING:thumbdown

He better be going to Castellini and saying "I cannot properly perform my job if I have to do so in spite of the team's manager." I think Jocketty probably has enough clout with Castellini to do that, and I hope he does.

Redus
05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Agreed , take away Dustys Blanky (Patterson)

redhawk61
05-25-2008, 10:27 PM

Don't worry, lots of moves are about to happen. Walt has finally (thank God) gotten an understanding of the organization and a bunch of moves have started to happen down at the Minor League level since yesterday with Thompson to AAA among I believe 6 other moves thus far. WJ is starting to push the top prospects up and tmmr going into Tuesday, moves on the ML club will take place.

aerontg
05-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes, Bruce NEEDS to come up if for no other reason than to NOT allow the opposing team to pitch around every single one of the Reds sluggers.

Why can't Cast just ADMIT that he screwed up with the hiring of Baker? Bring back The Mack Attack!

I just can not get over how Dusty is allowed to night after night after night make boneheaded moves, and the media doesn't say boo about it. I don't even listen to Marty anymore (he's too much into himself), does HE even say anything deservingly bad about Dusty? It doesn't start with the players, folks, it starts with those that run the show off the field.

Redus
05-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Well I dont know whos coming up now with Harang and Edison going tonight there has to be some pitching...hopefully at the expense of fricking Fogg...god he sucks.

NarrowStairs
05-26-2008, 05:14 AM
Agreed , take away Dustys Blanky (Patterson)

Hahaaha - I actually laughed out loud @ that.:thumbup:

IrishDavidKY
05-26-2008, 12:16 PM
I asked myself the same question after last night's game, "how long Walt?" This is the kind of crap a winning manager brings? I knew when WK introduced Dusty as the new manager it just a matter of time.

The question is, "will Walt shake up this roster, manager etc.?" or will we continue to see the same crap every night.

Ghosts of 1990
05-26-2008, 12:18 PM
He's not gonna do anything is he? I'd figured by the time I reached to get my morning paper it would have been done.

Orodle
05-26-2008, 12:31 PM

This isnt fantasy nor sim sports. You can't just start dealing to be dealing. Now that doesnt mean I don't think moves need to be made. Its just easier said than done.

IrishDavidKY
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM
This isnt fantasy nor sim sports. You can't just start dealing to be dealing. Now that doesnt mean I don't think moves need to be made. Its just easier said than done.

While I do agree it's easier said than done, Bruce is a phone call and and a car ride away. Let's start here!

Redus
05-26-2008, 01:16 PM

You dont have to be playing fantasy to drop Fogg and Patterson from the team. Theres gotta be a couple guys at AAA (Bruce and your choice of Herrera or Mallet) that will do their job better.
There that was EASY:eek:

ChatterRed
05-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I keeping hoping Junior will hit his 600th home run and retire.

Eric Davis
05-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Jay Bruce obviously needs to be called up ASAP. It's becoming a joke that you can the best prospect in baseball who is hitting near .370 in triple A but yet he still can't make your club. And one guy they don't seem to want to start him over is Corey Patterson. Give me a break! Bruce should be in CF tomorrow and his presence should also get Griffey more days off. Let Jay slide between CF and RF and get his bat in the lineup.

Also after Dusty flubbed up the rotation (why was Josh Fogg in for a save opportunity) they need to shake up the staff. Belisle had his chance and now he needs to go. I don't care if you cut him or Fogg. They both stink. In that fifth spot I would give Matt Maloney a shot. He's pitched great over his last few starts and it definitely wouldn't hurt having a lefty in the rotation.

Last but not least i've been an EE supporter for a while but the man is starting to wear out his welcome. Ryan Freel should be seeing more time at third. That way we can plug him in the leadoff spot while his bat is hot and the defense will be upgraded at the same time. If Edwin can't hit he needs to be sitting.. and the man is not hitting.

Ghosts of 1990
05-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Woulnd't the Bruce call up technically happen tomorrow with Patterson DFA tomorrow since it would give one more day of eligibility for the whole arbitration thing. (Basically so today doesn't count against his ML service time.)

Krovvy Red
05-26-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't see this team fighting its way into contention, so I can understand not calling up Bruce. There's no sense in having a losing season and giving him super-two status. I don't like it, but financially it's the right move to make.

But there is zero reason for Dusty Baker to be managing this team. Actually, any team for that matter. He consistently shows he has no idea how to manage a bullpen or when to properly make defensive subsitutions, he apparently feeds on the blood of damaged young arms, and he insists on outdated small-ball methods. I rarely make judgment calls on managers. As far as I see it, if the team is happy and productive then the manager is doing fine and even if it's not happy and productive, it's not usually the manager's fault. But Dusty Baker is going to cost this team 7-10 games in the standings over the course of the season. He is an embarrassment.

Blue
05-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Woulnd't the Bruce call up technically happen tomorrow with Patterson DFA tomorrow since it would give one more day of eligibility for the whole arbitration thing. (Basically so today doesn't count against his ML service time.)

Yeah, but if they had any sense they would announce that they're going to do it today.

yab1112
05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm not exactly fond of Dusty either, but this team isnt very good, with or without Dusty. Firing him now isnt going to save the season, especially when his replacement would be...