PDA

View Full Version : Can we please quit removing Dunn in late innings?

justincredible
05-25-2008, 10:32 PM
How many times has it ever helped the Reds win a game? My guess is zero times.

I guess Dunn's recent propensity for game winning hits was getting a little tiresome to Dusty. Not saying they win the game if Dunn is still in there but their chance is certainly going to be greater if he is.

:bang:

05-25-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree. Mostly because it usually is Freel who replaces him, and he is not an improvement defensively. Dusty needs to learn that with a 7 man bullpen, and a 5 man bench, position players are more valuable, so there is rarely a need for a double switch.

George Foster
05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
You are preaching to the choir, my brother from another mother...

The Reds have had the worst stretch of major league managers in the history of the Game.

If "Trader Jack" is not in a nursing home by now, I'd say hire him. If he's in a nursing home, buy some jello and depend under-garments and still hire him.

Blue
05-25-2008, 10:41 PM
There are a few reasons why removing Dunn in these situations is stupid:

1. The game won't necessarily be decided one way or another before Dunn's spot is up again. (We've seen this numerous times this season.)
2. Dunn is an average defender whereas Griffey is the worst RF in MLB.
3. Freel is not a good LF.
4. Dusty will never do the inverse when Patterson is at the plate in a big situation by pinch hitting for him, when the chances of a switch having an effect are much greater.

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Removing Dunn in the late innings is a completely asinine decision. :(

If anyone is going to be removed for defensive purposes, it should be Griffey.

Dusty is a moron. :(

Fire Dusty. :(

justincredible
05-25-2008, 10:46 PM
There are a few reasons why removing Dunn in these situations is stupid:

1. The game won't necessarily be decided one way or another before Dunn's spot is up again. (We've seen this numerous times this season.)
2. Dunn is an average defender whereas Griffey is the worst RF in MLB.
3. Freel is not a good LF.
4. Dusty will never do the inverse when Patterson is at the plate in a big situation by pinch hitting for him, when the chances of a switch having an effect are much greater.

Agreed on all points. I've also adopted your signature.

Blue
05-25-2008, 10:50 PM

Might I suggest that you add a fancy signature? ;)

Blue
05-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Lets make it a movement ;)

JayBruce4HOF
05-25-2008, 11:00 PM
:cool:

Blue
05-25-2008, 11:01 PM
:cool:

very nice :beerme:

captainmorgan07
05-25-2008, 11:19 PM
I agree we definately could of used dunn's bat in the 10 innings he missed due to being double switched out of the ball game. Dunn fielding has improved as of late.

HeatherC1212
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Dunn should have been in that game at least until the 14th inning IMO. The game could have ending way earlier had Dunn still been in the game. :eek:

jmac
05-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Until the Nasty Boys take over in the BP, we need to leave Dunn in till final out.

Hey Meat
05-26-2008, 02:22 PM
How many times has it ever helped the Reds win a game? My guess is zero times.

I guess Dunn's recent propensity for game winning hits was getting a little tiresome to Dusty. Not saying they win the game if Dunn is still in there but their chance is certainly going to be greater if he is.

I agree. You take the power out of you line up. He has been much better in the field. Why take him out? FIRE DUSTY.

:bang: