Hondo
05-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Tuesday Cueto vs. Snell

Wednesday Arroyo on 3 days rest vs. Gorzelanny

Thursday Harang on 3 days rests vs. Duke

Friday Volquez vs Glavine

Saturday Belisle vs. Jurrjens

Sunday Cueto vs. Hudson

I cannot believe this team is giving Belisle another Start...

They need to see what other options they have in the minors...

I am all for a Homer Call Up... He had a 2.71 ERA his first 7 Starts, he just now has been bad...

IrishDavidKY
05-26-2008, 12:41 PM

I am all for a Homer Call Up... He had a 2.71 ERA his first 7 Starts, he just now has been bad...

I'm all for giving Homer a shot. Can't be any worse than what we've seen with Belisle.

TheBigLebowski
05-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I feel like Sisyphus.

Donder
05-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I was really fearing that we'd see Fogg on Wednesday. I was really hoping we'd see a promising minor leaguer on Wednesday. I guess I can live with this.

Boston Red
05-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Any chance for rain tomorrow or Wednesday? That would be the best option.

LeTsGoCiNnCy3
05-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I would be fine with trading fogg and belisle for a bucket of balls....if that

bring up homer cant loose anything that belisle has already lost

Redus
05-26-2008, 01:22 PM

Youve got to be kidding me. Unbelievable. Fogg and Belisle give us no chance to win every time they take the hill. This team just keeps throwing guys out there who suck and are killing the team over and over (Belisle,Fogg,Patterson). Im with you bring up Homer!:beerme:

ChatterRed
05-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I am not fine with a Homer callup. Yeah, let's reward a guy for regressing. (sarcasm) I see how some of you work on here.

I would have been more happy giving Justin Lehr a shot but then they traded him.

I think they should try a 4 man rotation.

Hondo
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I am not fine with a Homer callup. Yeah, let's reward a guy for regressing. (sarcasm) I see how some of you work on here.

I would have been more happy giving Justin Lehr a shot but then they traded him.

I think they should try a 4 man rotation.

Homers first 7 starts were great...

2.71 ERA like I posted before... The guy has just recently pitched poorley...

If the Reds are going off of who deserves what? Fogg and Belisle have not pitched well at all, save for Belisle's game against the Dodgers...

ChatterRed
05-26-2008, 01:28 PM
I hate Belisle and Fogg. They have had their shot. I just don't like rewarding a kid who is regressing.

Hondo
05-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Shoot is I saw Fogg and Belisle getting turns and I was stuck in AAA, I would probably regress too...

Eric Davis
05-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Matt Maloney

Blue
05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I feel like Sisyphus.

Word.

They should give Maloney or Bailey a shot.

DTCromer
05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Matt Maloney is pitching better than Homer. Why call up Homer when Homer can't get AAA batters out?

CesarGeronimo
05-26-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd like to see them give Maloney a shot. He's his league's Pitcher of the Week and is 3-1 in May with a 2.56 ERA, 31.2 innings, 24 hits, 8 BBs, 25Ks and .212 batting avg. allowed.

Homer is 0-2 this month with an 8.02 ERA. He needs to get it together before they call him up.

redsfanmia
05-26-2008, 04:14 PM
As long as your playing Patterson in center and Hairston at short you might as well keep running Belisle out there.

Kingspoint
05-26-2008, 06:07 PM
It just shows what a tool Jockety is.

Hondo
05-26-2008, 07:37 PM
It just shows what a tool Jockety is.

I think he must have read your Post

captainmorgan07
05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
If were calling up anybody it should be Maloney not Homer. Homer has had terrible trouble lately locating his pitches. He can't get AAA hitters out consistently right now. Until he can do that consistently leave him down there.

LouisvilleCARDS
05-26-2008, 09:47 PM
That Lehr guy has been doing well too. Career Triple A guy, but may as well give him a one time start to get guys back on regular rest.

Boston Red
05-26-2008, 09:53 PM
That Lehr guy has been doing well too. Career Triple A guy, but may as well give him a one time start to get guys back on regular rest.

Lehr is no longer Reds' property. He was sold to a Korean team.

Slyder
05-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Why not give both of them a shot? See if there be any way to like "demote" Volquez for a series while he "rests" (IE never leaves Cincy)

(it is coming from my own mind and Im bored as heck, just a warning)
Call Louisville and Get Bailey and Maloney in on a conference call:

WJ: Hello Boys, our idiot of a manager really screwed us up with his latest antics. Would you boys like a start at GABP and bail us out of this jam the Toothpick got us in?
Both: Of course.
HB: Its about time.
WJ: It would probably only be for a start or two cause our options are slim, both of you guys are big keys to our future and want to give you a chance to showcase your talents, and in your case Homer just remind you, what your both working toward.
Both: Yes Mr. Jocketty
WJ: You understand this is like a one time deal with both of you more likely to go back Louisville?
Both: Yes.
HB: What if we show were ready to stay?
WJ: We will see what happens. If you show you belong I am sure we can figure out something.
Both: Thank you sir, we look forward to the oppertunity.

Then afterwards both probably end up back in Louisville to come back at some later point (Sept 1) and we get our rotation reset.

jmac
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Why not give both of them a shot? See if there be any way to like "demote" Volquez for a series while he "rests" (IE never leaves Cincy)

(it is coming from my own mind and Im bored as heck, just a warning)
Call Louisville and Get Bailey and Maloney in on a conference call:

WJ: Hello Boys, our idiot of a manager really screwed us up with his latest antics. Would you boys like a start at GABP and bail us out of this jam the Toothpick got us in?
Both: Of course.
WJ: It would probably only be for a start or two cause our options are slim, both of you guys are big keys to our future and want to give you a chance to showcase your talents, and in your case Homer just remind you what your both working toward.
Both: Yes Mr. Jocketty
WJ: You understand this is like a one time deal with both of you more likely to go back Louisville?
Both: Yes.
HB: What if we show were ready to stay?
WJ: We will see what happens. If you show you belong I am sure we can figure out something.
Both: Thank you sir, we look forward to the oppertunity.

Then afterwards both probably end up back in Louisville to come back at some later point (Sept 1) and we get our rotation reset.

Though I dont think Homer is ready, using your scenario, he could just say Belisle's spot is up for grabs.

Slyder
05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Tuesday Cueto vs. Snell

Wednesday Arroyo on 3 days rest vs. Gorzelanny

Thursday Harang on 3 days rests vs. Duke

Friday Volquez vs Glavine

Saturday Belisle vs. Jurrjens

Sunday Cueto vs. Hudson

I don't like going to the well this many times with Arroyo on short rest this early. Hypothetically would any of the guys have options so that they were "demoted" for the day and find an "injury" to Belisle or Fogg or Weathers :D.

Harang threw a lot of pitches yesterday (thanks Dusty). Im not as worried about Harang because this will be the first really "high stress" he's had this year.

Belisle we really don't have a choice unless you can "make room" and call up Homer or Maloney, even then someone has to start this weekend. Like it or not he's needed to just buy a day even if he blows to get people back on their everyday schedules, which should be the main goal of this homestand. Hopefully Dusty finds a note in his desk to not mess up like that again unless its September and were playing for the playoffs. Throw Patterson out there as a sacrificial lamb if you have to but dont use the rotation.