PDA

View Full Version : All you can eat sections?

redsfaninbsg
05-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Anybody ever done this? What kind of food is offered, is it just the basic hot dog and coke or do they have pizza, chicken, etc?

RedFanAlways1966
05-26-2008, 02:53 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/ayce.jsp

westofyou
05-26-2008, 03:25 PM
The AYCE seats include unlimited ballpark fare - hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts and Pepsi products - all for one low price!

Going to the ballpark for food is like going to a hooker for love... and considering the freebies offered in that food deal....that's one cheap hooker in that comparison.

KittyDuran
05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I bring in my own food or eat before going to the game. Food is not that great at GABP.

Blitz Dorsey
05-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts and pop? So the really good stuff like nachos and cotton candy aren't even available? I think I would pass on that "deal." It's a good idea and one I know other organizations have tried. But you need to include more items for it to be worth it IMO.

PuffyPig
05-26-2008, 05:01 PM
So the really good stuff like nachos and cotton candy aren't even available?

Your definition of "really good stuff" (i.e. nachos and cotton candy) leaves a lot to be desired.

;)

*BaseClogger*
05-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I bring in my own food or eat before going to the game. Food is not that great at GABP.

I do too, but GABP is in the top tier for ballpark food IMO...

Blitz Dorsey
05-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Your definition of "really good stuff" (i.e. nachos and cotton candy) leaves a lot to be desired.

;)

Ha, I set myself up for that one. I mean, it's obvious the really good stuff like steak or Montgomery ribs wouldn't be available, but they could at least include the really good stuff from the "crappy" section of foods like nachos.

Raisor
05-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Last time I went to Turner Stadium, I sat in the VIP section, where they had waiters to take food orders. We didn't partake, but they were making money hand over fist.

The_jbh
05-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm telling you, the best thing to do is go to Deweys or Hoffbrauhaus in Newport eat before the game and then head on over...

I wish there was still a skyline within walking distance of the stadium... i need my cincinnati, just not at $3 a coney

*BaseClogger*
05-27-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm telling you, the best thing to do is go to Deweys or Hoffbrauhaus in Newport eat before the game and then head on over...

I wish there was still a skyline within walking distance of the stadium... i need my cincinnati, just not at $3 a coney

You would know better than I, but I ate at a Skyline just about two or three blocks from the stadium on a Saturday afternoon before a game earlier this year...

toledodan
05-27-2008, 12:30 AM
maybe this will help your skyline fix in downtown.

http://www.skylinechili.com/locations.php#downtown

OldRightHander
05-27-2008, 03:25 AM
I do too, but GABP is in the top tier for ballpark food IMO...

How many ballparks have you been to?

I'll admit it. I like the brats, but I don't eat much at ball games, no matter what park I'm at. I'd rather get a decent meal before or after a game. Sometimes I'll bring some peanuts, but that's about it.

Caveat Emperor
05-27-2008, 07:46 AM

My friends and I routinely stop at the Skyline on 4th St. before the game. Usually we'll park at the P&G garage ($2 parking) on 6th and hit Skyline on the way to the ballpark.

In fact, that's probably what I'll be doing tonight.

If I don't do Skyline pregame, I'll sometimes stop at a Chipotle on the way downtown and bring a burrito into the game with me. I figure if I'm gonna spend $6, I may as well get something good.

Falls City Beer
05-27-2008, 08:16 AM
There's a great scene in the movie Krush Groove, where the Fat Boys go to Sbarro and clear out an All-You-Can-Eat buffet.

*BaseClogger*
05-27-2008, 09:40 AM
How many ballparks have you been to?

I'll admit it. I like the brats, but I don't eat much at ball games, no matter what park I'm at. I'd rather get a decent meal before or after a game. Sometimes I'll bring some peanuts, but that's about it.

Ten.

The only ones that compared were the two in Chicago and Milwaukee. The food here at Comerica Park is terrible. Jacobs Field has mustard...

Which ones are better?

westofyou
05-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Which ones are better?

Seattle, LA and San Francisco to start.

klw
05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
I remember going to a game in Montreal back when the American dollar was far stronger than the Loonie. My friend went to the concession stand and came back with the biggest smile on his face. He said "I gave them a $20 American and they gave me this sausage, a beer and $24 canadian back. I love this place" That was after we had paid $4 for the ticket and $6 to park under the stadium. I miss the Expos.

*BaseClogger*
05-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Seattle, LA and San Francisco to start.

Unfortunately, I have never been west of the Mississippi outside of two flights to Phoenix...

OldRightHander
05-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Ten.

The only ones that compared were the two in Chicago and Milwaukee. The food here at Comerica Park is terrible. Jacobs Field has mustard...

Which ones are better?

Milwaukee is ok. They know a thing or two about bratwurst up there. I'm with WOY on LA. But the truth is that I'm not a big ballpark food person. I like the parks that have a lot of places close to the park to get a decent meal before or after. Wrigley, Coors, and Jacobs stand out there.

WebScorpion
05-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Ten.

Which ones are better?

The best food I've ever had at a ballpark was at 'Boogs' in Camden yards. Incredible...A beef or pork BBQ sandwich and the beans and slaw are delicious too. Mmmmm... I'm getting hungry just remembering it. :thumbup:

*BaseClogger*
05-28-2008, 12:12 AM
The best food I've ever had at a ballpark was at 'Boogs' in Camden yards. Incredible...A beef or pork BBQ sandwich and the beans and slaw are delicious too. Mmmmm... I'm getting hungry just remembering it. :thumbup:

That is the one park east of the Mississippi other than Fenway that I really want to visit...

WebScorpion
05-28-2008, 01:04 AM
That is the one park east of the Mississippi other than Fenway that I really want to visit...

If you do get to go, look for the mark on the warehouse where Ken Griffey, Jr. hit it...at one time, he was the only player to ever hit the warehouse. I'm not sure if anyone has hit it since.

My next park will likely be Nationals Park...the Reds visit in August! :thumbup:

Hopefully, I'll still be here...(currently looking at a job opportunity in Portland, OR)