PDA

View Full Version : Thought of an idea for Redszone

Ghosts of 1990
05-27-2008, 10:41 AM
This might be shot down; but it sounded pretty good in my mind over the past week.

Ok, a person's induction to RedZone would be a similar path:

After say 1,000 or 2,000 posts, or a predetermined amount, a person must 'Apply' to RZ. At this time a person's application is reviewed (which would hold whatever important information to be known about the poster) and that person's posts could be reviewed by who is needed.

The person can either gain access or have to wait a little longer.

This would at least make it tangible for some and not seem like it's something that will fail to ever happen. I look forward to that day when I can be a more complete participant and be granted entry into the live game threads.

Of course I know suggestions can only help this.

Thanks for the time.

Boss-Hog
05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't like the idea of anything being based on post counts (with the exception of a very low minimum to apply for ORG access, among other criteria). It encourgaes the notion of making posts simply to increment your post account rather than by putting some thought into your post.

I'm really not sure what the above would solve, as users are already free to apply for ORG access once they meet a (significantly) lesser amount of posts and registration time. At that point, if he or should would like to apply for access, their case is reviewed and voted on by ORG members.

smoke6
05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
How do you even "apply" to the ORG?
I swear I've looked everywhere, but haven't found the answer. I may have missed it though.

Boss-Hog
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
I swear I've looked everywhere, but haven't found the answer. I may have missed it though.
Assuming you meet the requirements (200+ posts and six months of membership to apply), it's under the Group Memberships option within your User CP.

smoke6
05-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Gotcha, thanks.

Ghosts of 1990
05-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Gotcha, thanks.

You're getting close. As of tomorrow you just might be in.

DannyB
05-30-2008, 04:22 PM

One thing to remember-once you get to ORG,
you can't post on Sundeck.:eek:

macro
05-31-2008, 03:26 AM
...and there's a good reason for that.

Hondo
05-31-2008, 08:37 AM
...and there's a good reason for that.

Whats the reason?

macro
05-31-2008, 02:13 PM
In a nutshell...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1362735&postcount=52

Hondo
05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
In a nutshell...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1362735&postcount=52

I think that is a fairly good post, other than the diltuting part...

I mean, Gosh, there is a Debate up there whether Jay Bruce is better than Pete Rose, whereas Pete was compared to Ryan Freel...

Real Inside Edition stuff there...

But for the most part, the ORG does have better Posters... But some threads like the one I mentioned above, come on... ;)

Ghosts of 1990
05-31-2008, 07:05 PM
I think that is a fairly good post, other than the diltuting part...

I mean, Gosh, there is a Debate up there whether Jay Bruce is better than Pete Rose, whereas Pete was compared to Ryan Freel...

Real Inside Edition stuff there...

But for the most part, the ORG does have better Posters... But some threads like the one I mentioned above, come on... ;)

:rolleyes: