PDA

View Full Version : Bret Boone Retires

scounts22
05-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Just thought a few people might be interested. There was talk about him coming back on ORG a month or so ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3415391

OesterPoster
05-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Wow, read the comments from readers after that article. Here's my favorite one:

I want to wi 'S' h bre 'T' t boon 'E' a cong 'R' ats 'O' n h 'I' s accomplishments and 'D' eci 'S' ion.

ChatterRed
05-28-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm sure Bowden will be calling him soon to join Reds East.

smoke6
05-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm sure Bowden will be calling him soon to join Reds East.

He was with the Columbus Clippers (Nats).

aerontg
05-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Wow, read the comments from readers after that article. Here's my favorite one:

I want to wi 'S' h bre 'T' t boon 'E' a cong 'R' ats 'O' n h 'I' s accomplishments and 'D' eci 'S' ion.

Very very clever :D I would love to see the expression on Bret's face were he to read that :D

Oxilon
05-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Just to think, we were so close from having a Bret, Matt, and Aaron Boone infield with good ol' Pops managing from the bench. What could have been...

fadetoblack2880
05-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Just to think, we were so close from having a Bret, Matt, and Aaron Boone infield with good ol' Pops managing from the bench. What could have been...

Thank God it never happened.

captainmorgan07
05-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Thank God it never happened.

i agree with you there. I enjoyed having Aaron in a reds uniform. Certainly not his dad managing though.

Hondo
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
i agree with you there. I enjoyed having Aaron in a reds uniform. Certainly not his dad managing though.

Aaron would have had a totally different career if he had not been traded and then broken his leg...

I liked his hustle.

foxfire123
05-29-2008, 12:54 AM
I miss Bret, he was my favorite player back when hubby first turned me into a baseball fan. Makes me so mad at him that he went to the "dark side" of juicing.... :(

Whatever did happen to Matt anyway? Scouts always said he had more talent that both Bret and Aaron, but nothing ever really seemed to come of him

Oxilon
05-29-2008, 06:55 PM
I miss Bret, he was my favorite player back when hubby first turned me into a baseball fan. Makes me so mad at him that he went to the "dark side" of juicing.... :(

Whatever did happen to Matt anyway? Scouts always said he had more talent that both Bret and Aaron, but nothing ever really seemed to come of him

Cause the scouts were full of it. If Matt Boone had more talent than his Gold Glove winning and All Star brothers Bret and Aaron, he'd atleast eventually find his way to the majors. I don't even think the dude went higher than AA. Well, I guess if your entire family plays baseball, there isn't much doubt you'll end up doing the same.

bw87a
06-01-2008, 06:41 PM
one of my favorite reds players since i became a fan. i loved watching him play. i remember going to a game when i was 7 or 8 with the family and i got to see him hit a walk-off homerun. it was awesome!